Windpipe Transplant

Windpipe Transplant - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 19th Jul, 2013 - 6:52am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Grown from own stem cells
Post Date: 19th Nov, 2008 - 10:14am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Windpipe Transplant

Windpipe transplant breakthrough

Surgeons in Spain claim a major breakthrough by giving a woman a new windpipe with tissue grown from her own stem cells.
Ref. Source 1

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Nov, 2008 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

Windpipe Transplant
A Friend

Transplant Windpipe

This is interesting. To think that soon you can have any part that is damaged replaced by using your own cells and regrown part. This brings to mind that movie "The Island". I wonder if people will pay big money to basically live forever?

Post Date: 1st May, 2013 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

Windpipe Transplant Health & Special Psychology

2-year-old girl gets windpipe made from stem cells
Biotechnology News

CHICAGO (AP) ? A 2-year-old girl born without a windpipe now has a new one grown from her own stem cells, the youngest patient in the world to benefit from the experimental treatment.

Source: BioTech News Headlines - Yahoo! News

Post Date: 7th May, 2013 - 6:57am / Post ID: #

Windpipe Transplant
A Friend

Transplant Windpipe

Great job! If you can do the same with hearts, lungs, and other important organs, then it will save lives.

Post Date: 10th Jul, 2013 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

Transplant Windpipe

First child to receive windpipe grown from own stem cells dies
Biotechnology News

By Chris Francescani (Reuters) - Two-year-old Hannah Warren, the first child to receive a windpipe grown from her own stem cells, has died three months after a rare operation, the Children's Hospital of Illinois in Peoria said. The child was diagnosed with an uncommon congenital abnormality known as tracheal agenesis, which means her windpipe failed to develop. She could not talk, eat or swallow on her own, according to a website by her parents, Darryl and Young-Mi Warren. ...

Source

19th Jul, 2013 - 6:52am / Post ID: #

Windpipe Transplant

Well it looks promising, but it's still being practiced on animals. I know most would think that you wouldn't want to try first on humans, but I have to say that if they where going to die without the treatment then it wouldn't be that much of a risk to begin with. I know it is meant to save lives, but how many lives are they taking for practice and study? I feel torn, like being ripped apart on both sides.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Windpipe Transplant

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,