Mousetrails Introduction - Page 5 of 21

Mousetrails, I am so sorry to hear about your - Page 5 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 19th Jun, 2006 - 2:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (21) »
Bible Research
Post Date: 18th Jun, 2006 - 6:41pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,025
Flag Posts: 51,682
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,584.18 FP
Charm: 394

Mousetrails Introduction - Page 5

Sorry to hear that, I remember you said something about surgery, but I got the impression it was minor, but this sounds more serious. I will keep you in my prayers.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Jun, 2006 - 7:39pm / Post ID: #

Member Senior
[?] CPosts: 697
Flag Posts: 759
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 3.0%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 40

Introduction Mousetrails

The actual surgery may be something difficult, but the recovery probably isn't. I was told I would be home in two or three days.
Offtopic but,
I have had 6 surgeries where I was put completely out and determined after the first one, when I seemed to just drift off to sleep, that I would stay awake until the anesthetic put me out. I finally managed it with the shoulder surgery. I asked them to tell me when it was coming. Then they said, "Here it comes." In about 10 seconds it felt like an enormous, heavy, warm, dry, sponge was pushing down on my head, then my shoulders. The last thing I remember thinking was, "Give it up." It was a weird sensation I won't try to stay awake for again.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Republican
Tenet: Catholic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Eighty Something | Joined: Reg. 25th Mar, 2006 - 1:49am
Signature:
Post Date: 18th Jun, 2006 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Mousetrails Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Mousetrails, you must really like pain, but I am glad that you won't be doing that anymore as 'shock' can also damage your system.

How is your wife doing? Is she much into Discussion at the level we carry on here?

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Post Date: 19th Jun, 2006 - 12:01am / Post ID: #

Member Senior

Page 5 Introduction Mousetrails

I am no stranger to pain, but no, I don't like pain. It wears on you all your waking moments. Staying awake for the anesthetic was not at all painful. It only took about 3 seconds and I was totally "out." The surgery thing started in 1980 with open heart, then another in 1993. I will not do open heart again. I will just peacefully disappear first. Then came 2 back surgeries. With each one you hope to return to some state of being "normal" again, but it seems when one thing is fixed something else falls apart. I guess the question is when do you bend waaaay over and kiss yourself goodbye? Trust me JB, when you're 69 you will want to live to see more sunrises just as much as you do today.

Thank you so much for this website. It allows me to spend time each day thinking about something other than pain.

My wife is far more intelligent and has a much better memory than I, but expends all her energy on her business and her garden. She describes herself (accuratley) as a quiet introvert. The only time she spends on a computer is to pay bills and balance a checkbook. When she finally quits for the day and her head hits the pillow she is out like a light.

Reconcile Edited: mousetrails on 19th Jun, 2006 - 12:04am

Tenet: Catholic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Eighty Something | Joined: Reg. 25th Mar, 2006 - 1:49am
Signature:
Post Date: 19th Jun, 2006 - 12:14am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Introduction Mousetrails

Do you think your medical ailments are due to a bad diet / lifestyle during your younger years? I discuss this a lot in the Health Board. I actually have a goal to have my system fit and clean when I get to that age (if I get to that age) through eating right and exercise.

Your wife may just fit in right here. Keep in mind we do have a home maker section where lovely ladies (and some gents) share their views. She may find herself reading more often than she thought. I give you a challenge to invite her.

Blog Read My Blog
Post Date: 19th Jun, 2006 - 9:14am / Post ID: #

Member Senior

Mousetrails Introduction

I have always had good wholesome food, although until my first heart problems in my early 40s I had too much cholesterol in my diet. Heart disease runs in my family, so I was destined to be a heart patient. Today they know so much more and have such great medicines that my problem is not a problem any more. Another factor today is I'm now married to one of the great cooks of the world. She cooks with olive oil and although we eat our share of red meat, all fat is drained off. We also have a large market garden, so there are plenty of vegetables for lunch and dinner.
My biggest health problem today was my lifestyle until my mid 50s. I didn't know how to rest. All I did 12 to 18 hours 7 days a week was work. In my 20s and 30s this involved a lot of heavy lifting. In my 40s and 50s I did some very heavy lifting. I believe your body is just like a machine. You can wear out certain parts from over-use.
I have been told by doctors that my health problems came from driving myself too many hours a day and a high cholesterol diet. I still work part time and several hours a week at home, but I learned long ago when I get tired to go rest. So yes, I believe the answer is exercise in moderation and a healthy diet that keeps your cholesterol level low. Get a doctor to keep track of your HDL and LDL levels. Don't guess. Live long and prosper.

Signature:
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Jun, 2006 - 10:28am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Mousetrails Introduction - Page 5

Those are some good experiences to learn from, a high price to pay for it, but knowledge is power.

You have been a Member for quite awhile, do take the time to give us some Feedback when you get a chance. We have two Feedback Boards: one for general input and the other for Members who are upgraded to give input about their Upgraded features - feel free to look at both. Thanks.

Blog Read My Blog
Post Date: 19th Jun, 2006 - 2:18pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.2%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

Mousetrails Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 5

Mousetrails, I am so sorry to hear about your health. I will keep you in my prayers and I know everything will work out just great for you. All the best.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (21) »

> TOPIC: Mousetrails Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,