Mousetrails Introduction - Page 7 of 21

Thank you. Konquererz suggested the same thing. - Page 7 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 27th Jun, 2006 - 11:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 21 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (21) »
Bible Research
Post Date: 21st Jun, 2006 - 4:50pm / Post ID: #

Member Senior
[?] CPosts: 697
Flag Posts: 759
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 3.0%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 40

Mousetrails Introduction - Page 7

Good morning Diane. Like I said, if your faith is strong, this won't change your mind. Although it comes from the Bible, it is from a totally different perspective.
Words in italics are direct quotes from the Bible. Also these are paragraphs picked from several pages. If you're still interested go to the "mousetrails" website and contact me. I will e-mail you the complete pages.

The God of Genesis impressed me as a kindly old gentleman that truly loved the people He led. He sat, or walked with them in the cool of evening, visiting face to face. When Eve gave Adam a bite of the apple, He didn't kill them. He just banished them from the garden. When Cain killed Abel, God did not kill Cain in anger. He told Cain he would be a fugitive and a wanderer. God walked with Noe, and warned him of the great flood.
The old God walked with Adam and Eve in the garden, in the cool of the day. He was seen by every Israelite leader up to the golden calf incident. The Lord used to speak to Moses face to face, as one man speaks to another. (Exodus 33:11) When He told them how they would acquire Chanaan He said He would do it gradually, so even the wild beasts wouldn't harm His chosen people. ...and ahead of you I will send hornets to drive out the Hevites, Chanaanites and Hethites out of your way. But not in one year will I drive them out before you; else the land will become so desolate that the wild beasts will multiply against you. Instead, I will drive them out little by little before you, until you have grown numerous enough to take possession of the land. (Exodus 23:28) The God of Abraham never mentioned war or violence.

Here, and now, in the middle of the book of (Exodus, Chapter 32, verse 14,) This gentle God disappeared, and everything changed. The new God of the Jews was not a kindly, forgetful, old gentleman. It has been suggested to me that the new vocabulary, and mean vindictiveness of the new God, were the thoughts of a different writer. Possible, I suppose, but why would a new writer start in the middle of a book.
The new God said, ..."Tell the Israelites: "When you go across the Jordan into the land of Chanaan, drive out all the inhabitants of the land before you: destroy all their stone figures and molten images, and demolish all their high places. You shall take possession of the land and settle in it, for I have given you the land as your property. But if you do not drive out the inhabitants of the land before you, those whom you allow to remain will become as barbs in your eyes and thorns in your sides, and they will harass you in the country where you live, and I will treat you as I had intended to treat them." (Numbers 33:50)
What a drastic change in character.
In another conversation with God, Moses reminded Him that He had said Moses was His intimate friend, and that he had found favor with Him. Then Moses said, ..."if I have found favor with you, do let me know your ways so that, in knowing you, I may continue to find favor with you." For what reason was Moses suddenly begging to get to know God's ways? Moses had been talking to God face to face since before Israel left Egypt. He knew the old God's ways, but there had been a radical change.
Moses had a new God, and obviously didn't know His ways! Then Moses said, "Do let me see your glory!" God's answer to this request from an intimate friend, a friend He had talked with face to face, ..."my face you cannot see, for no man sees me and still lives."
But let's take this a step further. It is the honest belief of every Christian in the world today, that Jesus Christ was the son of God. My question is, which God? It couldn't be the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. He left the picture at the golden calf incident. To tell me that Jesus Christ, a being born of a virgin pure as the driven snow, that grew up to heal the sick, and teach love and understanding of your fellow man, a being who was called by some, Wonderful, Councilor, Prince of Peace, was the son of the hateful, vindictive, warrior-God that ruled Israel after the golden calf incident, is an idea I will not buy! Most sons, good or bad, learn at their father's knee. This means the second God could not possibly have a son as gentle and kind as Jesus Christ!
So I can point to at least three Gods, the God that told Abraham, "I am God the Almighty. Walk in my presence and be perfect." and the God that told Moses, "Put your sword on your hip, every one of you! Now go up and down the camp, from gate to gate, and slay your own kinsmen, your friends and neighbors!" and the father of Jesus Christ.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Republican
Tenet: Catholic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Eighty Something | Joined: Reg. 25th Mar, 2006 - 1:49am
Signature:
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2006 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Author
[?] CPosts: 2,053
Flag Posts: 2,535
Avg: 0.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 9.7%
[+] Gain: 4,034.80 FP
Charm: 111

Introduction Mousetrails

Hi Mousetrails, I was very interested in reading this information from a different perspective. I have e-mailed you separately regarding this.
I appreciate you taking this time out to discuss this information and different aspects of the Bible.
Best wishes, Diane.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: Baptist | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 13th Oct, 2005 - 8:53am
Signature:
Post Date: 22nd Jun, 2006 - 10:05pm / Post ID: #

Member Senior

Mousetrails Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

I spent so many years with my nose in the Old Testament I felt like the Israelites were my neighbors. The Old testament is my favorite subject and I will discuss it any time. Feel free to contact me. I will be pleased if you do.

Keith

Tenet: Catholic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Eighty Something | Joined: Reg. 25th Mar, 2006 - 1:49am
Signature:
Post Date: 26th Jun, 2006 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond + Author
[?] CPosts: 3,526
Flag Posts: 4,033
Avg: 0.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 13.9%
Charm: 226

Page 7 Introduction Mousetrails

I'm sorry Nighthawk. I'm confused. You seem to agree with me. (I think) then in the middle of it all you say;
So, your analogy falls flat.

Please explain.

This was from the topic about fighting terrorism legally.

I deleted this message, because it was entirely offtopic from what we were discussing. However, it brought up a point that I think needed to be discussed.

Remember that this forum has a lot of different people in it. There are certain types of protocols that we all follow. Some of them are formal, and are written out by the Architect. Others are more informal, and may change from person to person.

For me, if I am replying directly to the post before mine, I rarely use a quote box. That was the case with my message in this case. I was replying to konquererz' post, and his analogy that if we use terror to combat terrorism, then we must think that it is OK to use rape to fight rape, murder to fight murder, etc.

If you see a post that doesn't quite make sense in terms of what you have previously written, then take a few moments to see if there is another post nearby that might provide a good framework for the message.

And, yes, we do seem to agree very much on that subject.

Finally, please remember that we really want constructive posting. If you add a post, and want to add an offtopic note, then feel free to do so. That is what the offtopic tag is for. However, a full post that is offtopic is not desirable.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 24th Aug, 2003 - 12:23pm
Signature:
Post Date: 26th Jun, 2006 - 10:57pm / Post ID: #

Member Senior

Introduction Mousetrails

I appreciate the help and the pointers. Yes, I have to be very careful at times. There are those that I agree with on religious subjects and those that I agree with on political subjects, but some don't match my thoughts on both subjects, so I have to be careful to remember what I'm discussing.
I think the only time I used an off topic tag I was called down because it wasn't constructive, so I'm a little shy about 'Off topics."

Signature:
Post Date: 26th Jun, 2006 - 11:09pm / Post ID: #

Me
Diamond + Author
[?] CPosts: 3,526
Flag Posts: 4,033
Avg: 0.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 13.9%
Charm: 226

Mousetrails Introduction

It is perfectly fine to use offtopic tags when you are simply adding a short offtopic remark. Usually no more than a short paragraph is acceptable.

The problem comes when your whole post is offtopic. It is almost as bad if your post is very short (one or two sentences), and isn't very constructive, but then you have a long offtopic box.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 24th Aug, 2003 - 12:23pm
Signature:
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Jun, 2006 - 12:07pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Chief
[?] CPosts: 5,097
Flag Posts: 7,087
Avg: 0.9 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 24.2%
[+] Gain: 1,203.00 FP
Charm: 301

Mousetrails Introduction - Page 7

As an alternative, Mousetrails, you can address your offtopic comment or question in a person's personal thread- such as Nighthawk is doing here with you.

Roz

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Conservative
Tenet: LDS (Mormon) | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Sixty Something | Joined: Reg. 28th Jun, 2003 - 12:34pm
Signature: Don't miss out on a blessing because it's not packaged the way you expect.
Post Date: 27th Jun, 2006 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

Member Senior

Mousetrails Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 7

Thank you. Konquererz suggested the same thing. I don't know what this website looked like when you experienced posters found it, but to stumble into it the way it is is awesome. So many things to read. So many things to learn to even begin to get things right, but it's coming, slowly. I just learned what the little red heart is for. (favorites) That makes it easier to keep up on the subjects I like. At least Persephone doesn't yell wink.gif at me like she used to. Thank you again Farseer. I'm always open for help or advice.

Signature:

> TOPIC: Mousetrails Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,