Green Bay Packers

Green Bay Packers - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 29th Apr, 2006 - 5:27am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
American Football Will Favre retire?
25th Mar, 2006 - 5:13am / Post ID: #

Green Bay Packers

The burning question in Green Bay, Wisconsin these days is "Will Brett Favre retire?" This isn't the first off-season where Favre's return has been in question, but it seems to be the one where retirement is most likely. Last year's dismal performance by the team, plus the controversy with Javon Walker, and rookie Rodgers waiting in the wings, it just seems it's the right time for Favre to pack it up. Do you think he'll retire?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Mar, 2006 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

Green Bay Packers
A Friend

Packers Bay Green

I think this is the year he will retire. Its not a matter of if he should, because most people think he needs to retire. But warriors of the grid iron just don't leave gracefully. This year he has every reason to believe that another Superbowl is not possible. So I think he will retire before the next season starts.

4th Apr, 2006 - 3:27am / Post ID: #

Green Bay Packers Sports & Fashion Music Movies

On a side note, the Packers have made very few roster moves seeing that they have a whole new coaching staff. You would think that if one of the biggest names in their franchise history would be retiring or considering retiring that they would be focusing on rebuilding.

8th Apr, 2006 - 7:38pm / Post ID: #

Packers Bay Green

Favre: 'No change' on whether to play in '06

Green Bay Packers quarterback Brett Favre said Saturday morning he still hasn't made a decision whether to return to the team for one more season or retire

"No change," he said. "I don't know. If I knew for sure, and I didn't tell the Packers or the fans or the media, that wouldn't be fair. When I do know, I told (the Packers) that I would tell them as soon as possible, maybe within the next week. It has been a strain on my family as well. People who are close to me are a little frustrated."

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nf...-08-favre_x.htm

You have to think that this is starting to take its toll on the Packers organization as well. They need to know whether they should be relying on Favre's presence next year or not. I think his indecision is really hurting the team more than he thinks.

Reconcile Edited: malexander on 8th Apr, 2006 - 7:42pm

8th Apr, 2006 - 8:01pm / Post ID: #

Packers Bay Green

As a Brett Favre fan, I hate to see a player who seems to have a real joy for playing the game have to retire. If the Packers had done more to boost the player roster, maybe the Packers would not have had such a dismal season. It can't just be solely the quarterback's fault. Being from Texas, I would have loved to see the Cowboys try to acquire Favre, instead of the controversial player Terrell Owens.

I do think Favre needs to make a decision quickly so that the Packers can properly prepare for the upcoming season.

18th Apr, 2006 - 12:53am / Post ID: #

Green Bay Packers

Packers push back Favre's roster bonus until late July

The due date for Brett Favre's $3 million roster bonus -- originally scheduled last month -- has been moved to July 27, giving the three-time MVP more time to make a decision on retirement

No disrespect, but what next? Are they going to push back the start of the next NFL season so that Favre can make a decision? This is absolutely becoming a detriment to the team, because everything is hinging on his decision. The longer he holds out, the worse it will get. The NFL draft is in 12 days. I hope he makes up his mind before then.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Apr, 2006 - 12:28am / Post ID: #

Green Bay Packers

Good news for Favre fans. Brett Favre has agreed to stay with Green Bay for at least one more season. I'm just hoping that Favre is not wasting his season with a team that cannot reach its full potential. Hopefully, with roster and coaching changes we'll see the Packers return to the playoffs.

29th Apr, 2006 - 5:27am / Post ID: #

Green Bay Packers Movies Music Fashion & Sports

Cwahsheh, while I am happy for you and all other Brett Favre fans, I am still not so sure if this was the best decision for the team. You and I both know that Rodgers will never see the light of day if Favre is on the team. The organization has done very little to bring in players to make a run to the Superbowl. In my opinion, this is the best time for Favre to hand over the reins, and let the young QB learn to play in the NFL. Here is an article that sums up why the Favre return to Green Bay may not have been the best decision after all.

Green Bay's gunslinger should have known when to say when

Why? What's the point? The Packers have little chance to get to a Super Bowl. The team did almost nothing to get better in the offseason and there's a new staff to get to know

The Packers won't be very good. And Favre can't carry them on his right arm anymore.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Green Bay Packers

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,