Utah Mormon Culture - Page 2 of 2

Name: SI Country: Comments: I passed through - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 26th Jun, 2012 - 4:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
7th Oct, 2009 - 4:41pm / Post ID: #

Utah Mormon Culture - Page 2

Dear Brother Ronan I hear you. I live in Utah, too. I think Satan is taking over this state through greed. We have a big percentage of Latter-Day Saints members here but also we have the greatest percentage of greed among members. It is sad the whole competition you see in Church of who wears brand clothes, have the latest minivan or the nicest house. It saddens me deeply to see that with my brothers and sisters in the gospel.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Oct, 2009 - 6:17pm / Post ID: #

Culture Mormon Utah

Name: Bill

Comments: That can happen in Utah, Idaho, parts of Arizona, Wyoming, Nevada, or anywhere large LDS population centers are domiciled. This is not so unusual, as such close knit societies occur in areas of the southern states as well as Canada. It's uniqueness here comes from sheer numbers.

One must remember history. Mormons were driven out of New England and the Midwest in the mid 1800's and colonized an enormous portion of the western US. From southern Alberta to Sonora & Chihuahua, and Colorado to California, LDS cities & towns were built. If they sometimes have a "Circle the Wagons" mentality, it is born of habit due to early persecutions by their non-Mormon neighbors. If they have not lived outside their own habitat, they tend to feel insecure due to past abuses.

Even today, Mormons are not welcome in some areas of the south or in any "Evangelical" areas. Consider Mitt Romney's unsuccessful Presidential bid. He was railroaded primarily because of his religion. However, Latter-Day-Saints who have lived elsewhere have little problem befriending non-Mormon neighbors. Give it time, and welcome to Utah! It truly is a wonderful place to live.

Source 1: History
Source 2: Research

7th Oct, 2009 - 6:26pm / Post ID: #

Utah Mormon Culture Studies Doctrine Mormon

international QUOTE (JoePublic @ 7-Oct 09, 6:17 PM)
If they have not lived outside their own habitat, they tend to feel insecure due to past abuses.

Joepublic Bill I agree with you that UT is a great place to live but I aint believe about feeling insecure due to past abuse. None of us have endured what our pioneers went through we can read from our great great great great parents journey or history books but we cant know firsthand you know what am I saying? So feeling insecure for me is a lil more like an excuse or clearly feeling paranoid.

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2012 - 4:37pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Culture Mormon Utah

Name: SI

Comments: I passed through Utah for about two weeks on some business. My first reaction was the friendliness of the people I met, both Mormon and maybe non-Mormons because I didn't ask them if they were Mormon. I did see some unawareness or naive about things outside of Utah but I enjoyed their questions and interest to learn. Utah is definitely a nice state but not a place I want to live.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Utah Mormon Culture

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,