Mousetrails - The First Holy War - Page 2 of 29

I just started reading the book and as soon - Page 2 - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 28th Jun, 2006 - 5:22pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (29) »
Author: Keith Stephens
25th Jun, 2006 - 8:27pm / Post ID: #

Mousetrails - The First Holy War - Page 2

I have no argument with most of the New Testament. I cannot find fault with Jesus Christ who came to this earth to teach us to treat our fellow man as we would want to be treated and to show us love beyond our pitiful human comprehension.

But I do believe the men who put all the books they found into one binding, called it a Bible, and ended it with The Apocalypse was to scare humans into Christianity. I believe The Apocalypse is a bad joke.

I also feel that placing the Old and New Testament in the same binding was a terrible mistake. My guess is that the Old Testament is a compilation of "living history" stories that grew bigger every time they were told. However the New Testament was written by men that actually lived through those times.

I tried several times to contact a Rabbi about my ideas. I was hung up on and laughed at, but I found I was correct about my thoughts on the Messiah.

From the book, Mousetrails."

Speaking of Jerusalem, I had meant to research the Jewish religion for years, but didn't get to it until recently.  I phoned a Rabbi once, but when I wondered aloud my idea about why the  Jews rejected Jesus, he cut me short, and told me my idea was silly, then hung up on me.  My idea of why Jesus was rejected by his own people did not come to me in a flash of wisdom or insight.  It was an idea that grew slowly through my years of research. 

I realized one day, that all of the saviors God sent to Israel, were sent to lead the Jews out of trouble.  Most of them had a sword in one hand, and a shield in the other.  They were leaders, sometimes reluctant at first, but they turned out to be aggressive leaders that eventually did get the Jews out of trouble. Then, as the Jews did time after time, they turned away and worshiped other gods.  Their God finally gave up on them and went His way.  But in several books of the Bible the prophets promised Israel one more savior.  When they got peace loving Jesus, no sword, no shield, naturally they didn't believe he was their next savior.  Then one day, I took information from a Jewish site on the internet that proved I was right. 

At a sight called  www.jewfaq.org/moshiach.htm  I found the information I had wondered about so long.  The term "Moshiach" literally means 'the  anointed one," it doesn't mean 'savior." The notion of an innocent, semi-divine being who will sacrifice himself to save us from sin is a purely Christian concept that has no basis in Jewish doctrine.  This Christian concept has become so deeply ingrained in the English word "Messiah" that it can no longer be used by the Jews.  But whatever they choose to call him, they know exactly what his qualifications are.

He will be a great political leader descended from King David.  He will be well versed in Jewish law, a charismatic leader, a great military leader, and a great judge.  But above all, he will be a human being, not a god, demigod or other supernatural being.

The Jews are waiting for a man with the proverbial sword and shield, that will lead all Jews everywhere in the same direction at the same time. This man will turn the whole world from sin to worship his God.  When will that be?  They don't know, but they offer some suggestions:
.  if Israel repented in a single day;
.  if Israel observed a single Shabbat properly;
.  if Israel observed two Shabbats in a row properly;
.  in a generation that is totally innocent or guilty;
.  in a generation that loses hope;
.  in a generation where children are totally disrespectful towards their              parents and elders;                                                     

I"m sorry.  You will never get all Jews in the world to follow one man at the same time. So let's do a little imagining here.  Let's say that the leader Israel fantasizes about appeared, and all the 'stiff-necked" (Exodus 33:4) Jews in the world followed him.  There are at least a dozen major religions in the world, and minor religions too numerous to mention.  But if they would just follow the Jews new  "Moshiach,"  their God would return.  The chances of one man leading the religious world is slim and none, so I"m not the least bit concerned.  If I believed for a moment the Jews" war-god might return, I would do my best to hide in some remote corner of the world, and pray not to be found!

Sponsored Links:
28th Jun, 2006 - 3:01am / Post ID: #

War Holy The Mousetrails

Mousetrails, you mentioned in your book that your research and thoughts come from following the Bible exactly how it is written, so basically you do not think there are any mistranslations or mistakes at all?

Post Date: 28th Jun, 2006 - 5:09am / Post ID: #

Mousetrails - The First Holy War
A Friend

Mousetrails - The First Holy War Revealed Bible The

LDS, you are coming from a perspective that is unique to your sect of christianity, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Catholics, Protestants, Orthodox, and Fundamentalists hold the ideal that the Bible is perfect and infallible. Thus if you are going to write a book regarding the Old Testament that will be read by people that believe such, you have to play the game on their level. I know many LDS members do not consider the Bible to be the infallible word of god and do take into account for mistranslations and other issues that just happen to text over time, but the majority of christians and their sects do not. My parents for one do not believe that god allows errors to happen in the bible, thus the reason for christian apologetics. But this book shows in detail that the god of the jews could not have been the same god jesus talked about. One spoke of love and mercy, and the other, well it really just depended on his mood. At times it was mercy, some times it was total annihilation, some times it was wiping out thousands then stopping because he was "having mercy on them". Many people just aren't taught what the old testament really says. But they believe it is infallible word for word. If you take it like that, they will be stunned, nary I say shocked at what they find. This books purpose is to show you what you aren't taught in church. To show you that unless you simply re-interpret scripture to mean what sounds nice, its a very nasty and bloody tale that involves the massacre, at times, of everyone including "sucklings" in a city, but save the gold and virgins for god and yourself. Its often not pretty, and thats what this book strives to show people. In a nutshell, this book goes where most pastors dare not tread for fear of the consequences. I am half way through and have learned things I never knew before, but there they are, in plain text. If you read the actual scripture for yourself, sometimes the truth you dig up, is the evidence that buries you.

28th Jun, 2006 - 11:04am / Post ID: #

Page 2 War Holy The Mousetrails

Wow! As usual Konquererz is much more eloquent than I and to this point in his reading has exactly nailed the idea I attempted to put across.

The only thing I can add is that the book does end well and Christians can still find hope in the Bible. LDS forever, JB has 2 copies. He might let you borrow one. One is paper back, the other is on Adobe. wink.gif

28th Jun, 2006 - 12:42pm / Post ID: #

War Holy The Mousetrails

QUOTE (Mousetrails)
LDS forever, JB has 2 copies. He might let you borrow one. One is paper back, the other is on Adobe.

Actually, she is reading the book, the paperback one that is... and may soon give a full review when she is done. It seems like Konquererz purchased one?

28th Jun, 2006 - 1:33pm / Post ID: #

Mousetrails - The First Holy War

No. He was so interested and his views matched mine so close that I was curious what he would think, so I gave him one. I'm very happy with his review. I couldn't beg, borrow, buy, or steal a review like that anywhere before the book went into print.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Jun, 2006 - 3:41pm / Post ID: #

Mousetrails The Holy War - Page 2

QUOTE (mousetrails @ 25-Jun 06, 3:27 PM)

I tried several times to contact a Rabbi about my ideas. I was hung up on and laughed at, but I found I was correct about my thoughts on the Messiah.

Sadly, human nature makes most people afraid of the unknown.
There is nothing to be feared in reading something that might enlighten you with different answers and thoughts, than what you were raised to believe in.

Konquererz summed up well with his thoughts, there is nothing to stop anybody checking the Bible themselves, to find out whether information is correct or not.That is our choice if we wish to do so.

Years of research has also been undertaken by Mousetrails to come to the conclusions, and from the snippets that I have seen in his various postings, he backs them up with the 'where' and 'whys' that have brought him to this line of thought.

I intend to look further into the book, it sounds like it promises to make good reading!

28th Jun, 2006 - 5:22pm / Post ID: #

Mousetrails The Holy War The Bible Revealed - Page 2

I just started reading the book and as soon as I started I could see it was Mousetrails speaking (I suppose because of his style of writing). It is definitely for someone who is open minded because there are parts and comments and way of expression that may be hard for Christians to handle. wink.gif Kon, since you are half-through it would be great that you keep adding your views, I would do the same as I continue my journey.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (29) »

> TOPIC: Mousetrails - The First Holy War

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,