Kamla Persad-Bissessar - Page 3 of 17

I am very disappointed in Kamla Persad-Bissessar. - Page 3 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 8th Oct, 2007 - 8:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (17) »
Politician - Kamla Persad-Bissessar, the new Leader of the UNC and first woman Opposition Leader - what are your thoughts?
30th Nov, 2006 - 2:30pm / Post ID: #

Kamla Persad-Bissessar - Page 3

QUOTE (Dani @ 30-Nov 06, 10:18 AM)
how could you choose her over a man of such high moral standing and elevated intellect like DOOKERAN! I mean REALLY! He is the most deserving and overly qualified person for the job man!

There is a thread about him here:

https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index....showtopic=19976

I personally would not vote Kamla, she seems to enjoy the bacchanal that I think is vital to get rid of from the country's mentality.

Sponsored Links:
7th Jan, 2007 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

Persad-Bissessar Kamla

I have been monitoring her comments since the creation of this Thread and I must admit, most of what she says 'sounds good', but lacks punch. It sounds like a lot of the same. Maybe that is why Panday came back in? To help out?

8th Oct, 2007 - 12:09pm / Post ID: #

Kamla Persad-Bissessar Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

I was listening to this woman speak yesterday and she really did sound like one of those typical Trini women that are abused but try to rationalize how good life is with their husband beating them.

8th Oct, 2007 - 12:40pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Persad-Bissessar Kamla

I don't feel sorry for her at all. She decided to stay with a party and with a leader (Panday) who have stated that politics have a morality on its own. Obviously she feels the same way.

That's the kind of people she is associating with, and that's the kind of treatment she is getting from a chauvinistic guy. The "new" role offered to her is "Head of the women's contingent of the UNC Alliance." rolleyes.gif

Yep...keep the women with the women, they are not good enough, eh Bas?

8th Oct, 2007 - 12:47pm / Post ID: #

Persad-Bissessar Kamla

QUOTE (LDS_forver)
Head of the women's contingent of the UNC Alliance.

laugh.gif Yes, when I heard that title I had to say to myself, yes, Trinis are really primitive (see another Thread for details), because a lawyer expects a general populous to buy that, and from the looks of yesterday it seems that many did. What the heck does the 'Head of the women's contingent of the UNC Alliance.' do anyway - make cookies for the 'Head of the men's contingent of the UNC Alliance'?

8th Oct, 2007 - 1:12pm / Post ID: #

Kamla Persad-Bissessar

JB, not only that but what an embarrassment taking in consideration Bas said he did NOT ask Kamla about it but he wanted to hear some support from the crowd who started going wildly in support of the new call. Listen, if she said she won't accept the role of President of the country, she has to be literally stupid to accept this one (insult!).

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Oct, 2007 - 1:18pm / Post ID: #

Kamla Persad-Bissessar - Page 3

Keep in mind that if they did win (UNC) and Kamla won her seat, then it would mean giving up her seat to be President. I am sure she would accept it. Keep in mind we are talking about having the first woman President, and the fringe benefits long after are very nice.

She will accept her new cookie baking role because she looks like a good soldier, but what will it matter in any case if they lose this election - we have to wait and see.

8th Oct, 2007 - 8:48pm / Post ID: #

Kamla Persad-Bissessar Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 3

I am very disappointed in Kamla Persad-Bissessar. Her role is to be exploited by Basdeo Panday, anytime and anywhere. I remember when Basdeo was Prime Minister and everyone held their breathe in fear that, he would appoint Mr Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj as the new Attorney General. And what did Panday do? He shocked everyone, by appointing Kamla Persad-Bissessar. The gullible people of Trinidad and Tobago applauded this move and were bursting the joy, since we had the first female Attorney General. Then after the dust had settled, Panday appointed Ramesh L. Maharaj. Kamla did not seem to mind.

Panday then appointed her as the new opposition leader. She was thrilled with this post and then he took it away from her, since he seems obsessed with power. Now many people were calling for Panday to step down, who does he select as the new Opposition leader? The person who is responsible for financing his whole campaign of course, Mr Jack Warner. Apparently, many members were unhappy with this latest decision including Kamla. It was reported that she was "visibly distraught." And on Sunday 7 October 2007, she emerges stronger than ever, ready to serve her Lord Panday. And what did Panday do to pacify Kamla? He offered her a new position to appease the crowd and no doubt, Kamla too, as Head of the women's arm of the UNC Alliance. I cannot believe that Kamla could allow herself to be exploited so many times by Panday. I believe she is the official, UNC Robot: anything Panday asks her to do, she will blindly obey him (without thinking twice)! Or one could also say, "Kamla's back is very broad!"

Rather off topic, but...
To describe a person's back as broad, indicates that the individual can withstand a lot of load (of nonsense) and pressure from anyone.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (17) »

> TOPIC: Kamla Persad-Bissessar

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,