Christianity And Environmentalism - Page 2 of 2

Survey results show Christians becoming less - Page 2 - General Religious Beliefs - Posted: 24th Jan, 2018 - 12:44pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
2nd Oct, 2008 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

Christianity And Environmentalism - Page 2

I believe the modern environmental movement has actually become a religion, where it is a worship of the Earth (as perceived by some individuals like me) rather then just an desire to protect.

I believe Christian Environmentalists want to save the Earth Because it is one of God's creations rather then just a unhealthy idealization of the Earth.

Rom. 1: 25
  25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

For a Christian, environmentalism must be put in the context of loving the creation because of a worship and desire to serve the creator, and not a worship of the creation, In my opinion.

Sponsored Links:
3rd Oct, 2008 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

Environmentalism Christianity

QUOTE (konquererz)

How can you believe the Bible and not be an environmentalist?

I do not believe being a good Stewart is an environmentalist but a conservationist. I think dbackers has it right many environmentalists put the creations before god.

To me a conservationist is what we are intended to be. meaning we find the way to harvest what we need while still providing for tomorrow. Cutting trees that interfere with the one besides it so it grows straight and strong, replanting, harvest processes that do not destroy the earth around it. Repairing required damage once harvest is done. I think these are the intentions God had in mind. I like to think of a shepherd and his sheep. You will reap the wool to sell and the lambs to eat but yet the herd remains strong.

I think it is ironic that the Queen and her empire raped the world while repenting daily of their actions. The Spanish where right up there as well.

Greed is the sin we fight in preserving our earth so that we may eat and live for tomorrow.

Post Date: 24th Jan, 2018 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Christianity And Environmentalism Beliefs Religious General

Survey results show Christians becoming less concerned about the environment. There has been no "Greening of Christianity" among people in the pews, despite efforts by some religious leaders to emphasize environmental stewardship, according to new research. Source 5t.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Christianity And Environmentalism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,