Kentucky Derby

Kentucky Derby - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 6th May, 2012 - 1:30am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
6th May, 2006 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

Kentucky Derby

Today is the 132nd running of the Kentucky Derby. It is the first of the Big Three or Triple Crown races of the horsing season. There are a few long shots this year at 50-1 odds. The favorite is Brother Derek at 3-1. Here is a link to the rest of the field for today's race.

Kentucky Derby

Do you plan on following the race, and if so, which horse is your pick to win it today? Also state whether you think this horse can pull off the Triple Crown as well.

Reconcile Edited: malexander on 6th May, 2006 - 5:35pm

Sponsored Links:
7th May, 2006 - 3:45am / Post ID: #

Derby Kentucky

I find it interesting that you guys race big meets on dirt. Is there a reason why they don't use grass turf? Is it tradition or is there a practical reason?

I love horse racing and always try to go to the big meets in Australia.

Brother Derek didn't win right?

Post Date: 7th May, 2006 - 4:50am / Post ID: #

Kentucky Derby
A Friend

Kentucky Derby Sports & Fashion Music Movies

That was one of the most lopsided wins I have seen in a while. Barbaro had the lead just past the quarter pole and never gave it up. Not only is this win number 1 in the triple crown, its his sixth in a row, he is unbeaten. As for the triple crown, I doubt it, he isn't as strong in the thicker slower courses. He has a good shot at the preakness, but the belmont has always been a slower track and has been the down fall of many a triple crown threat.

7th May, 2006 - 5:14am / Post ID: #

Derby Kentucky

To answer your question, arvhic, Brother Derek didn't win, but came in 5th. There were two reasons for the 5th place finish. One was the starting position, I believe he started in 17th or 18th position. That is a lot of ground to cover in the beginning. The second was because he got bumped around one of the turns. That took him off his stride and rhythm for the rest of the race.
Barbaro had a clear lane from the very beginning, and by the time it was the final stretch, he just turned on the jets and took off. He is a strong horse, and fresh off a win at the Florida Derby. It'll be interesting to see what he can do in the other 2 Triple Crown races.

Post Date: 6th May, 2007 - 4:05am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Derby Kentucky

Street Sense Wins

Street Sense has won the 133rd annual Kentucky Derby with a late charge down the home stretch. Hard Spun finished second.
REf. USAToday

Post Date: 1st May, 2010 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

Kentucky Derby

Super Saver wins Kentucky Derby

Jockey Calvin Borel steered Super Saver through the mud to win his third Kentucky Derby in four years. The win ended trainer Todd Pletcher's streak of Derby losses. Ref. USAToday

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th May, 2011 - 10:41pm / Post ID: #

Kentucky Derby

Kentucky Derby Winner

Animal Kingdom has won the 137th running of the Kentucky Derby. Ref. USAToday

Animal Kingdom, with John Velazquez aboard, emerges from the pack down the stretch to win the 137th running of the Kentucky Derby.

It is Valzquez' first Kentucky Derby victory. Nehro finshes second; Mucho Macho Man is third. Ref. CNN

Post Date: 6th May, 2012 - 1:30am / Post ID: #

Kentucky Derby Movies Music Fashion & Sports

Upset at the Kentucky Derby

I'll Have Another ran down Bodemeister in the final furlong Saturday to win the Kentucky Derby, entering the winner's circle despite a rookie jockey, a more famous stable pony, and a price tag of just $11,000 as a yearling.

Source: Yahoo! News - Latest News & Headlines

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Kentucky Derby

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,