Veterans Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

Veterans Post-traumatic Stress Disorder - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 4th Dec, 2012 - 12:39pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
  Veterans Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder PTSD Soldiers
Post Date: 16th May, 2006 - 1:19pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Post-traumatic Stress Disorder - PTSD

ARMY: HBO DOCUMENTARY COULD TRIGGER STRESS DISORDER

The Army surgeon general is warning that the HBO documentary "Baghdad ER" is so graphic that military personnel watching it could experience symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/15/b… d.ER/index.html

Veterans Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th May, 2006 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Disorder Stress Post-Traumatic Veterans

If you remember, Saving Private Ryan was so graphic that some had PTSD as well. The same goes for band of brothers the show. PTSD is so tragic in my opinion. I have a friend of my fathers who fought in vietnam and has to take medicine to keep him calmed down because any aggression triggers a frighteningly fearful reaction. This big man will hit a flight or fight reaction mid conversation if he does not take his medicine, its a constant reminder to me what war can do to a man.

17th May, 2006 - 12:12am / Post ID: #

Veterans Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder History & Civil Business Politics

There was a news story today about a solider who returned home from Iraq, found his teenage wife had cheated on him, and he ended up stabbing her over 70 times. One has to wonder whether some or all of this behavior can be attributed to Post-traumatic Stress Disorder. I am sure testing will be done on this individual to determine if that in fact was at play during such a gruesome crime.

International Level: Envoy / Political Participation: 241 ActivistPoliticianEnvoy 24.1%

Post Date: 18th May, 2006 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

Why the Pentagon has turned on the makers of 'Baghdad ER'

When Emmy-winning filmmakers approached the US high command to make a documentary about a war zone emergency room, the generals applauded. Now they fear it will undermine public support for the war. By Rupert Cornwell
Ref. https://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle...ticle485921.ece

Post Date: 5th Jun, 2006 - 7:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

PTSD is no joke. The first 6 months of returning from Iraq , I constantly had flashbacks. To see a object in the road such as a dead animal or trash. Was enough to speed my heart up and have sweaty palms behind the steering wheel. I kept thinking it was a IED (Inprovised Explosive Device) in the street. And I would swerve to the other side of the road and speed up to get away from the object , fearing that it would explode as I approached it.

Post Date: 22nd Aug, 2006 - 1:48pm / Post ID: #

FEWER VIETNAM VETS HAD STRESS DISORDER

The widely cited estimate that one in three Vietnam veterans suffered post-traumatic stress disorder as a result of their service may be too high, researchers are reporting.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/08/21/vets....reut/index.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Jul, 2011 - 8:50am / Post ID: #

War Effects of Soldiers - Symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Military Related Issues

War may leave deep, psychological scars. Understanding PTSD and the symptoms will help those who welcome home the soldier receive the treatment he or she needs so the soldier may work on regaining their psychological health and freedom. The following are seven indicators of PTSD. The good news is that there is hope for those who suffer from PTSD.
Source: News-and-Society:Military

Post Date: 4th Dec, 2012 - 12:39pm / Post ID: #

Veterans Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Politics Business Civil & History

Virtual reality helps blast away stress and anxiety

For years, the US military has used video games to prevent and treat post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). Ref. Source 2

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: Veterans Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,