Do You Introduce The Tooth Fairy To Your Child?

Do Introduce Tooth Fairy Child - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 22nd May, 2006 - 10:36pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

21st May, 2006 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

There are some out there that like the idea of a 'tooth fairy' story for their children that when their child loses a tooth, it is put under their pillow, and in the morning the 'tooth fairy' has been and collected the tooth, and in it's place left some money.

Then there are others who feel that it is wrong to introduce something to their child that isn't true, and feel that even telling 'white lies' about the tooth fairy to their child is totally unacceptable.

What are your feelings on this?

If you do leave money under the pillow, what amount is left?

Sponsored Links:
21st May, 2006 - 8:09pm / Post ID: #

Child Your Fairy Tooth Introduce Do

We never introduced the tooth fairy to our son, not because of any particular reason but I suppose is because I really want to make it as a natural process as necessary, plus our son have limitations on his understanding making it kind of hard to make up a story about a tooth fairy.

22nd May, 2006 - 4:21am / Post ID: #

Do You Introduce The Tooth Fairy To Your Child? Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I haven't decided how I feel about telling my children there's a tooth fairy. One thing I do know, is that I was told there was a tooth fairy and a santa clause, and it didn't injure me for life. In fact, I hardly even remember the transition from believing it to not believing it. One day I must have just been old enough to realize that it couldn't be true, and that was that.

However, I have heard stories about kids having traumatic experiences finding out the truth of these things. They seem to usually happen if the kid finds it out before they reach that age of maturity to figure it out on their own, so I guess that is the risk. also that if their peers find out before them, they might make fun of them for believing.

One option I suppose is to tell your children that these make believe entities aren't necessarily people, but more like representations, like the "spirit of christmas" or something.

what do you think, DianeC?

22nd May, 2006 - 6:13am / Post ID: #

My family had all the "traditional" stories of the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, Santa, etc., and I've carried it on with my daughter. She loves the stories, but I don't think she believes any of it anymore.

She's had anywhere from 25 cents to $5 left under her pillow, depending on who she was with when she lost a tooth. I've never put more than a dollar.

22nd May, 2006 - 1:53pm / Post ID: #

Growing up, even though my grandmother and uncles would put money under my pillow I knew it was not true. Again, we do not call it "tooth fairy" in Argentina. It is actually a mouse called "Perez" laugh.gif

22nd May, 2006 - 10:36pm / Post ID: #

I did teach my eldest son about the tooth fairy, and it hasn't done him any harm. It was always a bit of fun, and he was always delighted to find money under his pillow.
Years ago when he was little, the going rate was around £1/$1.50, I have no idea how much it would be today, I'd probably need a bank loan laugh.gif

I can't make my mind up whether to let my two little ones have a belief in the tooth fairy, as they both have special needs, and don't have a full understanding of things, it would seem quite hard to tell them one thing, then have to turn the message around when they haven't discovered for themselves that there isn't a tooth fairy.

maybe I'll just see how they go on with everyone else believing in it at school.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Do You Introduce The Tooth Fairy To Your Child?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,