Islam: The Propaganda War - Page 3 of 4

Karbala I am sure we will always disagree - Page 3 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 3rd Aug, 2007 - 1:16am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 30th Jul, 2007 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

Islam: The Propaganda War
A Friend

Islam: The Propaganda War - Page 3

Even Iran is 2 faced on the matter

You might have guessed by now I'm a huge supporter of the Islamic Republic. Your statement interests me greatly would you care to expand?

You are right to an extent that the Arabs lack cohesiveness and unity. Egypt, Jordan and Saudi Arabia in particular are possibly the most hypocritical nations on Earth. This does not excuse Israels behaviour or its legal status. Israel on the other hand is admirable in its survival instinct a fact to which Sayyed hassan Nasrallah once admitted to in that he admired its democracy, judiciary, institutions etc.

I wouldnt be too pessimistic of the Arab/muslim inability to dislodge Israel from its place. As the summer Hizbollah Israeli war showed Israel is not invincible and can be resisted successfully.

an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth and we will end up blind and toothless

Very true. But this doesn't change the fact Israel should either withdraw to its 1967 borders and concede East Jerusalem to the Palestinians or more preferably a new state with no traces of Zionism should be created.

Sponsored Links:
30th Jul, 2007 - 8:16pm / Post ID: #

War Propaganda Islam

I wouldnt be too pessimistic of the Arab/muslim inability to dislodge Israel from its place

Is this a euphemism for killing civilians by suicide bombers?

If the Arab and Islamic Nations truly believe that Israel is a terrorist, usurper state, why do they not come together in islamic unity and attack the State of Israel instead of just talking about it? It seems they are more into saber rattling and letting Palestinians fight their war for them. If they had any Honor then they would just do it. Pull the trigger and get it over with, rather then just threatening. A man who threatens without action is, in a term used by Osama Bin Laden, a "Paper Tiger." Let these countries finish that which their mouth has started. If not, let Israel live as a nation and work with them to work out any problems that may arise.

Reconcile Edited: dbackers on 30th Jul, 2007 - 8:17pm

Post Date: 30th Jul, 2007 - 9:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Islam: The Propaganda War Islam Studies

dbackers:

Maybe you are right. There has been a rise in resistane movements in the form of Intifadas, Hezbollah and Hamas. However with weak ineffective Arab leadership in the gulf the Arab world is no position to trigger off World War 3.

Let me ask you a question. Are you happy with the plight of the Palestinians. Do you believe they have no right to resist oppression? Should they just bend over and bow to Israel?

Rather off topic, but...
By the way if you had read the very next sentence after what I said about dislodging Israel you will have noticed I wasnt talking about suicide bombing civilians but I was referring to legitimate resistance.

30th Jul, 2007 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 War Propaganda Islam

Karbala
I am conflicted on this topic. My views on the current conflict come from a very different world view (I.e. religious views, political background, lack of direct experience with the struggles on both side) and this determines much of what I believe.

I believe that both Israel and the Palestinian have a right to exist, and I do not like the conflict. Both sides have suffered losses and I know that one side may have suffered more.

But I prefer an actual war, rather then the push and shove that is happening now. I do not want the Palestinians to suffer because of having to live under Israeli rule in certain areas. I do not want Israeli's to suffer because of suicide bombing and shellings of settlements.

Let me ask you a question. Are you happy with the plight of the Palestinians. Do you believe they have no right to resist oppression? Should they just bend over and bow to Israel?

No, I do not want them to Bow to Israel. There is a War going on and they should not stop fighting. But in my oppinion Israel should not stop fighting either.

I am not happy with what the Palestinians have had to suffer. I hate suffering in general. Is there a way for Palestine to have a state with Israel having a state also?

Rather off topic, but...

Every nation once belonged to another people. Wether it is won by war or purchased every nation has had in its past moved a people to create its borders. This is true of every Arab state and it is true of every state in the western world. This is why I am conflicted. The Israelis state was created, right or wrong, and that fact has to be dealt with. Either it will remain a state and its borders will be set, or it will be dislodged as you say.
From my world view a democracy in the middle east is a good thing. I have a selfish interest in having a state in the middle east that is an ally to the my country the U.S.A . I am not sure that we have any real allies in the middle east except for Israel(It is not because the other countries are islamic, it is because they are dictatorships, dictatorships that I freely admit have been supported by my government.)
Just letting you know where I am coming from.

31st Jul, 2007 - 8:38pm / Post ID: #

War Propaganda Islam

You might have guessed by now I'm a huge supporter of the Islamic Republic. Your statement interests me greatly would you care to expand?

Iran and Iraq fought to a standstill but the Persian ethos should have been to stabilize the Shi'a in Iraq and take a leadership role instead of jihad against Sunni.
Jihad, as a spiritual path /internal conflict should have been to not forment killings and show which side is better by action and compassion and not killing women and children! This is true jihad.

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2007 - 5:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I see your dilemma dbackers.

There are basically 2 solutions.

2 state solution with Jerusalem split up or made an international city under jurisdiction of UN. THis is the most popular initiative backed by the Arab League.

1 state solution a single democratic state representative of all ethnics and religions.

Question is which one is more practicle? I would go with the second option.

Iran and Iraq fought to a standstill but the Persian ethos should have been to stabilize the Shi'a in Iraq and take a leadership role instead of jihad against Sunni.

So basically you think Iran is responsible for insurgency in Iraq directed towards sunnis. What evidence do you have to support this? Apart from US made up intelligence.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
2nd Aug, 2007 - 9:18pm / Post ID: #

Islam Propaganda War - Page 3

Karbala said

So basically you think Iran is responsible for insurgency in Iraq directed towards sunnis. What evidence do you have to support this? Apart from US made up intelligence.
based on my comment
Jihad, as a spiritual path /internal conflict should have been to not forment killings and show which side is better by action and compassion and not killing women and children! This is true jihad

Iran, as Shi'a, should have taken the responsibility as a leader to cement good relationship between Iraqi Sunni and Shi'a but the war that they fought earlier was/is a problem meaning the Persian/Arab conflict vis a vis the Shatt al-Arab!
I did not say Iran caused the insurgency nor are they responsible for it!
They have aided some Shi'a by providing sanctuary.

Didn't al-Sadr and some senior Shi'a go to Iran for "spiritual renewal" (for lack of a better explanation). I may have taken a big step and that was not my intention to allude to Iraq/Iran Shi'a as if they were the same and they are not.

My main question is that why don't other Arab states try to resolve the Iraqi situation for the purposes of peace and Arab solidarity? Turkey is not a good adjudicator so it must fall on surrounding nations to quell the problem.

Reconcile Edited: yeniseri on 2nd Aug, 2007 - 9:20pm

3rd Aug, 2007 - 1:16am / Post ID: #

Islam Propaganda War Studies Islam - Page 3

Karbala

I am sure we will always disagree on this issue but here are my thoughts.

There are basically 2 solutions.

2 state solution with Jerusalem split up or made an international city under jurisdiction of UN. THis is the most popular initiative backed by the Arab League.

1 state solution a single democratic state representative of all ethnics and religions.

Not that I am advocating this but,

Solution 3

Allow Egypt and Jordan to create an independent Palestinian state out of their countries.

That is what your are asking Israel to do with their country (assuming you believe they have a country, which is where our disagreement is)

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Islam: The Propaganda War

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,