Why Do People Hate Jews? - Page 7 of 13

I for one will not forget about the things - Page 7 - Studies of Judaism - Posted: 5th Nov, 2008 - 2:41pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 13 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (13) »
4th Nov, 2008 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #

Why Do People Hate Jews? - Page 7

You are without a doubt correct. There would be no Jews from the State of Israel to talk to had Palestine succeeded, along with Jordan, Egypt and Syria at the conclusion of the Mandate of Palestine.

Since you bring up Palestinians...do they bear any fault of their own current situation?

They rejected the Mandate of Palestine.
They rejected the UN Partition Plan.
They immediately declared war on the State of Palestine...which was created the moment the UN Partition Plan was rejected..
They rejected a peace deal in which they would end up with their own state.

Following the '48 Arab-Israeli War, none of the brother countries would give up their newly gotten territory for Palestinians. Nope, they watched their Arab brothers get sent to camps.

There is no easy answer to any of these questions. When exactly did Palestine exist? That is a bit more tricky than it sounds. The Ottoman Empire did not acknowledge a Palestinian State...it was just a general term for a territory. In actuality, there is a lot of similarity between Palestinians and Jews with regards to claims to the territory. They have always been there, but when was it a specific country to itself?

I would disagree that Zionist are "ticking" everyone off. There is currently peace with Egypt and Jordan. Talks are underway with Syria for a peace deal. That means that Lebanon would not be far off. So, I am not exactly sure about ticking off, since this is far better than it was in say 1948.

While I do not share the zeal that Quasar does in telling the Jewish population to get over it, I do agree that at some point the Jewish population needs to move on (don't forget, but don't let it be your anchor) and work on blending and being accepted into their surrounding area...be it a community or the middle east. Try to branch out from your enclaves and interact with other in a way aside from business.

There will be some that will never accept you, but you will have lost nothing in the effort.

The holocaust was horrid. Others did die by the millions and while the Jewish numbers were worse, many other groups did suffer at the hands of the Germans. There was a reason that the Russians hated the Germans with a passion. Your children need to know the story, but they shouldn't have to live it daily. Wear your star if you want, be proud, but don't be shocked by the responses depending on where you are at...that is just ignorant.

With all the good that has been done in the region (peace treaties with Jordan and Egypt), don't blow it by bombing Iran. There is little doubt in the world that Israel has nukes, so if Iran wants them...let them have them. The fact is that with all the petrol dollars flying about...the whole area will be nuclear before too long anyway. A bombing of Iran would set back Israel's standing in the Middle East back to 1948. Iran knows that if they send a nuclear bomb towards Israel that you have a dozen or so that will come back at them.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 4th Nov, 2008 - 1:20pm

Sponsored Links:
4th Nov, 2008 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #

Jews Hate People Why

Yes LDS_forever persecution is awe full just as being a prisoner is or an Native Canadian as they starved to death in their land at the hands of Europeans. Ever talk to a war vet that made it back from a Japanese prisoner camp? I have and I also know a handful of survivors from the German Jewish camps. I am not speaking from ignorance hard heartless I will accept.

I guess I am just agreeing they need to leave buried bones where they lie and get on with the future. The more the past is brought up the less likely any wounds will heal.

If as a society the Jewish people really are not participating in the Countries economic market in a fair fashion then they need to see that and amend their ways if they do wish a better reception. It takes generations for that to occur but it can, if they chose it to happen.

4th Nov, 2008 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

Why Do People Hate Jews? Judaism Studies

QUOTE (krakyn @ 4-Nov 08, 11:35 AM)
I guess I am just agreeing they need to leave buried bones where they lie and get on with the future. The more the past is brought up the less likely any wounds will heal.

I respectfully disagree with that. The memory of what happened MUST always be present, it is when a society "forgets" these type of tragedies when exists the big risk that may happen again (and it had already). Most Nazis and neo-nazis I had personally met want exactly the same thing. My conscious will not allow me to do that. As long as I live I will talk about it and not let it die. My personal opinion, of course.

Post Date: 4th Nov, 2008 - 8:29pm / Post ID: #

Why Do People Hate Jews?
A Friend

Page 7 Jews Hate People Why

I agree with you there LDS_Forever. This type of tragedy should not be forgotten for when history forgets that is when it is most likely to happen again. Many people want the world to forget how the Jews and others were treated in WWII so that it may happen again. We must remain vigilant to make sure that this sort of thing never happened again.

I hope some day that everyone in the world can get along and this type of persecution is forever in the past.

Post Date: 4th Nov, 2008 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #

Why Do People Hate Jews?
A Friend

Jews Hate People Why

I think that Krakyn is misunderstood. What he is trying to say and what I was trying to say is that we are not nazi Germans. It is the constant media bombardment of jewish persecution that is all over the place that puts people threw a guilt trip of something they were not even involved with. We are constantly made to feel responcable for what happened and most of us are considered "anti-semitic" just because of our racial background. If I remember correctly it was my American ancestors that had to finish off the nazis because no one else could. Some Canadians were thrown in there to.

Secondly a large percentage of the victims were not jews but other groups. You don't hear much about them. It is all about the jews.

How could you forget about it? It is all over media.

50 to 70 million people died in that war. If you hear our history you would think they were all jews.

4th Nov, 2008 - 11:20pm / Post ID: #

Why Do People Hate Jews?

QUOTE (Quasar @ 4-Nov 08, 7:14 PM)
I think that Krakyn is misunderstood. What he is trying to say and what I was trying to say is that we are not nazi Germans.

Who said you all were?

It is the constant media bombardment of jewish persecution that is all over the place that puts people threw a guilt trip of something they were not even involved with. We are constantly made to feel responcable (sic) for what happened and most of us are considered "anti-semitic" just because of our racial background.

Maybe you're too sensitive?

Secondly a large percentage of the victims were not jews but other groups. You don't hear much about them. It is all about the jews.

It is true that other groups were also victims and is mentioned in most historical papers if you research enough. The reason you perceive is all "about the Jews" is because they were the LARGEST group who were victims in the hands of the Nazis.

How could you forget about it? It is all over media.

Why? You want to forget about it?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 5th Nov, 2008 - 6:10am / Post ID: #

Why Do People Hate Jews?
A Friend

Why People Hate Jews - Page 7

Why? You want to forget about it?

I think that in some ways I would like to forget about it and everything like it. I wish none of this stuff existed. All of this is just a painful reminder of human nature and it's constant betrayal of the good side that exists in us all. One group killing off another. One group thinking they ar superior to another. Like a bunch of hateful children. What is the solution? Everyone whines and cries, but how many people are looking towards a good moral solution?

Who wouldn't want to forget about these sorts of things?

If I could move to a different planet, then I would.

Post Date: 5th Nov, 2008 - 2:41pm / Post ID: #

Why Do People Hate Jews?
A Friend

Why People Hate Jews Studies Judaism - Page 7

I for one will not forget about the things some people did to others because I would not want to see that happen again. That does not mean that I dwell on the fact that there were many people killed just for their beliefs. I just do not want to forget that it could happen again if we let it slip into history and not teach the next generation about it. It is through education that one may see what is happening and take the steps to stop it before it happens again to the people of this planet.

> TOPIC: Why Do People Hate Jews?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,