Why Do People Hate Jews? - Page 8 of 13

Agreed dbackers it is small minded if people - Page 8 - Studies of Judaism - Posted: 14th Jan, 2009 - 4:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 13 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (13) »
Post Date: 10th Nov, 2008 - 3:42am / Post ID: #

Why Do People Hate Jews? - Page 8

Name: David

Comments: How could you forget? Millions of people died; and if we forget it, it is going to happen again. And it is. Have you heard about Darfur? What is happening to the people there is awful. But, the only way the people in Africa are getting help is because people are being educated to help proven what is going on. Saying that it never happened and/or forgetting it is never going to help anyone. So forgetting it, is not an option, but learning about it is.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please take the time to submit your messages with proper spelling, uppercase letters for names, start of sentences, etc. Do not use line breaks, they are automatically made.

Sponsored Links:
10th Nov, 2008 - 2:16pm / Post ID: #

Jews Hate People Why

Ok let me reword this by asking this why are the Jews so special besides they themselves preach constantly their woes and never forgive? Forget would be wrong from the perspective of preventing a second go at any culture being eradicated.

I will tell you this you keep winning oh poor me as a society you will never get over a tragedy IN THE PAST. Yes we remember the same as we do those lost souls who died to free them. Who here hates Germans or Koreans because of the past history with them? Not the majority I will venture. Yes on the day they were freed let the Jews give respect to those who died in the camps and teach in school one of history's more current slaughters. Do not relive it daily, for you only destroy your self with undesirable anxiety and lose other connections with people that can make you stronger.

Take a group of children playing and one strikes out maybe gets beaned by the ball to boot. If that child can not forgive and leave that act in the past while benefiting from the experience it will just run scared every time the word baseball is said. It will relive that moment vividly in its mind each time. The worst part is the rest of the children get sick of listing to the winning and leave the child to play by its self. That is just unhealthy! Why would a whole society desire to live that way? Why not heal and leave the act in the past and recall it for what it was a violent act against the world by a country to dominate it. Yes and mention the people who died with them since it was about 5 million others to their 6. Yes they were the main target for a person revenge of a determined leader who seen them as the target for his frustrations as did many of the citizens.

Also if you as a culture are being targeted by the rest of the world and do not like it step back take at look at why this is occurring. Are the feelings being justified in your own actions? If so change them unless that would be to corrupt your self. If it is going to put your life standards and religious values in the trash can, then stand up tall and stop complaining. Keep a diligent eye on the rest to stop a second ethnic cleansing but do it with dignity not complaining. The complaints are an indicator you prefer that the world changes to your standards.

QUOTE (LDS_forever)

I respectfully disagree with that. The memory of what happened MUST always be present, it is when a society "forgets" these type of tragedies when exists the big risk that may happen again (and it had already).

I hope I have explained this right so you understand I meant do not live and relive a bad occurrence even if it is whole sale ethnic cleansing. Yes remember it and teach your children how and why it occurred to prevent a second occurrence.

Post Date: 7th Jan, 2009 - 10:29am / Post ID: #

Why Do People Hate Jews? Judaism Studies

Name: Tina

Comments: I personally hate Jews not because they killed Jesus (it happened 2000 years ago and Jesus was Jew himself) - so I don't care. I hate Jews because I never ever met biggest liars that can manipulate you and people around to get maximum profit and use you. I hate Jews because they are the most hateful people that deprive others and respect and support only themselves. I hate Jews because they teach their kids to hate and distinguish themselves as super nation which is disgusting. I never thought about this problem before I came to USA. And every reason why I hate Jews came from my personal experience.

7th Jan, 2009 - 1:28pm / Post ID: #

Page 8 Jews Hate People Why

QUOTE (JoePublic @ 7-Jan 09, 6:29 AM)
I personally hate Jews not because they killed Jesus (it happened 2000 years ago and Jesus was Jew himself)

They did not kill Jesus. The Romans did, inform yourself.

I hate Jews because I never ever met biggest liars that can manipulate you and people around to get maximum profit and use you.

Ridiculous stereotype.

I hate Jews because they are the most hateful people that deprive others and respect and support only themselves.

And you dare to say they are hateful? It seems like you lack mirrors at home. rolleyes.gif

7th Jan, 2009 - 3:11pm / Post ID: #

Jews Hate People Why

QUOTE (LDS_forever)
They did not kill Jesus. The Romans did, inform yourself.

I agree they placed him on the cross but the Jews are the reason for it. Did the Romans not even offer a murder to be crucified instead of Christ? Did the Jews not free to murderer so Christ would be sen t to his death on the crucifix? Does this not mean the Jews are responible for his death? I think that the truth and would not be surprised if some try to hold the Jews responsible for it thus causing some anxiety or hatred towards them. Me I say thanks guys, as it was just part of the plan that the dark one fell for.

Post Date: 11th Jan, 2009 - 9:05pm / Post ID: #

Why Do People Hate Jews?

Name: Mike

Comments: Hi all,

I have found this discussion incredibly informative, especially Vincenzo's posts. A few comments:

I'm ethnically, but not religiously Jewish. My father is a Holocaust survivor. His unflinching support for Israel, and propensity to turn conversations to the Holocaust was always something I dreaded at dinner conversation if friends came over, while I was growing up.

Throughout my life (I'm now 35), I have done everything I can to avoid the negative stereotypes of Jewish behavior. It's hard not to sometimes buy into these stereotypes, I hear them so often. I look with horror on the civilian Palestinian casualties, and sometimes just wish Israel would disappear, and all the Israeli Jewish would magically resettle somewhere else. (I understand though, that the issues are complex, and feel that Vincenzo is accurate in his description of the Middle East conflict.) I'm a teacher. I'm not rich, but if I go to a restaurant, I tip 20%, and I give try to give at least 5% of my income to charities. I grew up in a very mixed neighborhood, have friends of all colors and beliefs. I guess I feel that if these negative stereotypes are out there, then it's my responsibility to go out of my way, through actions, to show that they're not true, at least as far as my own behavior is concerned.

I've rarely ever talked about the Holocaust, since I felt that my father did more than enough of that for all of us. I've also bought into the "poor me" stereotype and I don't want to perpetuate it. However, at the risk of doing so, I want to say two things, particularly to Krakyn and Quasar.

1. There were 16 million Jews worldwide before the Holocaust, and 10 million afterward. (Today there are 13-14 million). That means that *more than one in three Jews were killed during the Holocaust,* and many more profoundly affected, just one generation ago. Just think about that -- more than one third of all Jews extinguished. I can understand why it might be difficult to let go of so quickly, just as I can understand why a legacy of slavery and Jim Crow laws just a short time ago, profoundly affects black American today. Today 6 million Jews live in the U.S. And 5.5 million in Israel. With more than one in three Jews today living in Israel, and at least one relative of perhaps most Jews living there, I can understand why so many Jews are so preoccupied with this *other* country in the middle east.

2. Quasar, I understand where you are coming from about the idea that until you've has your a** kicked, you really have no right to complain.

I used to feel this way. I remember that growing up, I would get pummeled if I wised off to other kids, teenagers, etc., who were older than me, and sometimes even if I didn't. I've never been stabbed or shot, but have received my share of black eyes and scars (and inflicted some as well), and I was hit by a bus at the age of 15 (40 stiches?). When I was just a little bit older, it seemed that parents would come to their children's defense if you so much as hurt their feelings. These spoiled brats needed to have their butts kicked too to learn some respect, I thought, but I left them alone.

I remember thinking that they didn't know what pain was, just as you expressed in response to the "nose" comment.

I was wrong. Violence is wrong. I agree that we should all do our best to turn the other cheek (a phrase that I borrow from the New Testament). But being on the receiving end of physical violence or pain should not have to be the precondition for earning the right to complain about verbal epithets. It's very hard for any of us to know exactly what these feel like, or to compare them, when we're a member of another group.

Having said that, although I don't agree with what everyone on this blog has said, I am grateful that we are able to talk about it. We're never going to agree with one another in all ways, but just hearing what we all have to say makes us understand one another a little better.

Peace,
Mike

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
14th Jan, 2009 - 12:19am / Post ID: #

Why People Hate Jews - Page 8

I think that the truth and would not be surprised if some try to hold the Jews responsible for it thus causing some anxiety or hatred towards them.

It may be true that some Jews were responsible for the crucifixion, but what are we holding an entire people from that point forward to today responsible for the actions of a relatively few?

I guarantee that some of our own distant relatives were rapists and murderers. Are we to be held responsible for their actions?

In my opinion, it is stupid to hate a people just because their ancestors may have done an atrocious act.

Those that do, have need to seek forgiveness from their God, and have little reason to hate the modern day Jew, based on the actions of their progenitors.

14th Jan, 2009 - 4:13pm / Post ID: #

Why People Hate Jews Studies Judaism - Page 8

Agreed dbackers it is small minded if people can not forgive historical issues. Unfortunately individuals might but many hold grudges deep and long. Slavery in the south is a classic example of that along with the North American Natives people or First Nations If one like that better.

> TOPIC: Why Do People Hate Jews?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,