Why Do People Hate Jews? - Page 9 of 13

Name: Danidin Country: Comments: How many - Page 9 - Studies of Judaism - Posted: 7th Aug, 2010 - 10:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 13 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 
Post Date: 11th May, 2009 - 11:39pm / Post ID: #

Why Do People Hate Jews? - Page 9

Name: wongmengqing

Comments: I am Chinese who have been dealing with israelis due to import export business,I think my experience may be valuable as to why people hate(d) jews.

My feeling is that the following reasons are not correct:

for example,Jesus was killed by Jews,Jews are rich etc.

If you are rich and you are nice,then even the poorest will admire you;

if you are rich and you are arrogant,then people will hate you;

if you are not rich but you are still arrogant,then you should be eliminated immediately.

I dont know if Jews are generally rich or not,just like people say overseas Chinese are rich. Ok,leave this along.

I think Jews whom I dealt with are generally very arrogant,like they are the best people in the world, one of them said "he likes Chinese who are stupid,you cannot make money form a smart people".

Another Jews contempted China,said something like "is this going to be a superpower?" after he saw people here were running and yelling. And he likes to teach Chinese how to do this,how to do that,just like he is from 2050,and he came back to 2009 to teach us how to run things.

They behave like they are smartest people in the world.I know one of them lied to me in business.

Now slowly I think I am a little hate Jews,at least dont like them.

The reason is very simple: they dont respect others unless they think you are useful to them in doing business.

Jews respect people who are both reliable and less-intelligent; Dont get me wrong,they admire you when they see you are intelligent at the first day,but when they realize you can be his competitors,you are their enemy.

No wonder so many people hate Jews for so long.

The answer lies in my message today.

Sponsored Links:
12th May, 2009 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

Jews Hate People Why

wongmengqing, so because you have few bad experiences with some Jews you suddenly feel prejudice for the ENTIRE group? spock.gif

Post Date: 30th Oct, 2009 - 3:21am / Post ID: #

Why Do People Hate Jews? Judaism Studies

Name: Msnyc

Comments: Interesting thread, some good commments but a ton of ignorance. First of all Jews did not 'voluntarily' set them selves aside in every culture they were in, they were treated as second class citizens, I.e not allowed to own land, participate in trades, hire Christians, debate theology with Christians, build Synagogues, and often not be circumcised.

What Jews experienced as far back as two millenia destroyed most races that experienced it, yet they managed to not only survive without a homeland they prospered. In EVERY Country/Civilization they were part of they rose to the top and engendered hate from people who couldn't understand how/why, just that they had. And they were then kicked out, the economy would plummmet, and they'd be invited back. This happened throughout Europe. This isn't because they are 'chosen' it is because they are an ancient people who put a premium on education, and were able to prosper because they educated their children in schools they set up well before religions like Islam even existed.

Christians FYI believe they are chosen people, as do Musliims, as do the Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, English, Turks, etc etc etc. Somehow though Jews have managed to prosper without all the benefits those groups had; namely homelands, subjects, conquered lands, tax bases and slaves.

Christians, who were trying to take hold in Europe were terrified of Jews who were so well educated that the uneducated 'Priests' could not hope to debate theology with them so they (the priests and the jews) were forbidden from debating.

Also, the depth of their conviction I believe not only scared people, it revealed to their inner hearts that they did not believe in anything, their own religions included, nearly so well. Everyone knows that the Jews killed themselves down to the last person in Masada rather then be captured by the Romans. What people don't know is that scene replayed itself *100s*, if not *1000s* of times throughout history after that for 1000 years. Even their most implacable enemies wrote their observations in awe when they saw men, women, children refusing the 'out' of Baptism and choosing instead to die by their own sword, or walk into the fires of the inquisition.

Mohammed hated the Jews for a number of reason, the prime reason being that he had great respect for them when he first had contact with them, for they not only were 'people of the book' but also truly believed in 'one God' (he believed that the Christian 'Trinity' was just that). When they said 'thanks anyway' and did not convert his respect turned to hate, and he turned Muslims prayer from Jersualem where they first faced out of respect for Jews, to Mecca.

Likewise, Martin Luther, another founder of a new religion, at first had great respect and hope for the Jews, mainly because they were people of the old book, which he turned Protestantism too. He bemoaned their treatment throughout the ages, saying they had been forced to lend money because every other option was forbidden them (true). When the Jews thanked him but would not convert, be became their most implacable enemy and had them expulsed from Germany.

Certainly it was not about resenting the 'money', as most people then carried huge burdens from either Islamic 'Dhimmis' taxes or taxes from their Feudal lords not to mention Christian 'indulgences'. It was probably a total mystery as well as an eternal rebuke then that these Jews, who had no homeland, could not impose taxes or conquer by the sword or by religious edict, somehow managed to rise time and time again from nothing, and during the process accepted death rather then convert (if that is 'holding yourself apart' then that should gain respect, not hate).

When the Jews DID convert (Spain) they were then subject to The Inquisition, as they still (naturally) held their faith. When the came to the New World and prospered, the Inquisitions followed them there.

A German Economist said this of the Jews in Europe in the middle-to-late 19th Century; 'Israel passes over Europe like the sun; when it shines, new life springs up; where it departs, everything that had previously flourishes molders'1

Source 1: 1 Diaspora - Werner Keller

Post Date: 31st Dec, 2009 - 12:12am / Post ID: #

Page 9 Jews Hate People Why

Name: Dumbhandlehere

Comments: Wow this is an interesting thread. I have friends and family on differing sides of opinion so I thought I would look it up. My personal perceptions based on what I have seen and heard is:

1. I don't think I have ever met anyone that HATES jews. Perhaps dislikes or is annoyed by the "stereotypical Jew". I think everyone has the same tendencies towards every ethnic, geographic, vocational, educational, lifestyle, etc. Background. This does not make someone racist/prejudice or an anti-semite. It is human nature to categorize things as good or bad etc. I have met nice people and mean people of all walks of life and I think you can find a stereotype and the opposing mold-breaker in every group.

2. No one likes a whiner. I think anyone who has an opinion that is hateful, prejudice or negative to a group as a blanket perspective should watch their mouth and be prepared to face the repercussions - But there seems to be an enormously big difference when someone makes a Jewish comment. It receives huge attention and everyone gets on the soap box. Everyone knows about the holocaust. It's unlikely to happen again, please don't rub it in everyone's face all the time. Other people died too, and still do all over the world although not to such a large scale. You don't hear the same outcry when a Serb or Tutsi is called a derogatory remark or not treated well. Neither is any less important, but there only seems to be recognition for the holocaust.

3. Groups that wall themselves in push away others, and often breed resentment. I know many people that have felt that they were not treated well because they were NOT Jewish:

They have been passed over for career opportunities for a Jewish person as the employer was jewish (person actually had more experience, good references and the other person was essentially brought in "green" due to connections. Amost went to court for discrimination)

I have seen quite a few financial deals go south, and often contractual/legal and ethical boundaries were manipulated and a lot of back-room deals caused this. Each and every time the person on the outside of the deal gone bad was non-Jewish, and the others involved on the favourable end happened to be jewish and stuck together. Bad deals happen all the time from every corner of the earth, but you can see that if someone who is not jewish is consistently getting burned by others who happens to be Jewish a prejudice is going to start percolating. Not fair, but you can see why this could happen.

I have Jewish friends who have been ostracized for getting romantically involved with a non-Jewish. There is tremendous family and social pressure for them to find a good Jewish mate and not soil/disgrace the family name. The reasons cited are typically that there are too few jewish now and watering down the community will lead to assimilation. Other ethnic groups (European, middle eastern, Asian and black of any origin) are viewed as mongrels, inferior, or from hateful backgrounds. It causes a scandal and the family is embarrassed etc. Just watch the drama when a nice Jewish person hooks up with a blond blue eyed person from German roots! What a scandal. This happens with every old-world ethnic group, but it is typically localized to the family or a few redneck public comments, but it seems to be more of an outright community scandal when it happens to someone jewish.

4. The whole "who is to blame for killed Jesus" is I think a non-issue. I have never heard anyone cite this as a reason for disliking anyone jewish, or that it is even true in the first place - It just doesn't come up! Perhaps a few rednecks in the bible belt, or something but I think most rational people don't even have this on their radar.

5. The middle east stinks, period. I know a lot of people that have been to the middle east, and have come back with their perception of what is really going on vs. What CNN tells us. Unfortunately this is a whole thread unto itself, but most people seem to feel that there is a lot more to the whole conflict with Israel and Palestine etc. And there is a lot of fishy stuff going on with the gaza strip. There is a lot of one-sided coverage from the media here, and most people agree that the media although not solely is largely controlled by a Jewish majority so there is some cynicism around the news being fed to north America. I won't get into who is right or wrong as it is definitely not that simple, but I will just say that most people I have talked to feel that it is not as black and white as it is being painted in the media. Atrocities happen on both sides, not just one. Do I feel the Jewish are to blame? Certainly not, but it leaves a foul taste when Israeli coverage comes off all saintly and poor me. Nobody deserves what is happening there, but it takes two.

6. There is a lot of global reparation efforts going on with the jewish community. Going after various countries, organizations, companies etc. To repay either survivors of the holocaust, or heirs of survivors of the holocaust. I don't think anyone would ever say that what happened is just too bad etc because that is not the case at all. What I do hear quite a bit is misgivings about the whole thing being solely a jewish loss. In addition to however many millions of jewish that were persecuted (I don't know enough about the numbers to give an opinion so I will not form an uneducated one), there were many other groups as well that were right in the same line up to the gas chamber. Gypsies, Muslims, Political enemies, gays, you name it. In a lot of cases entire regions were stripped of any male that was deemed old enough and capable of lifting a rifle regardless of their background and they were shot, used in labour camps, etc. I know people that were on the same trains going to the same camps and were not Jewish. They lost just as much, although in smaller numbers I am sure, and there is absolutely no recourse for them or international recognition or sympathy. This self-serving recovery effort breeds hard feelings from any other groups that shared the same experience.

7. If the Jewish community have been subjected to consistent and historical persecution, and complain that everyone hates them, instead of trying to rally support by harshly condemning and labeling anti-semite at the drop of a hat, the community as a whole should get a new PR person. Find out why they are "globally disliked" - List the actual reasons and make a concerted effort to reposition themselves. Perhaps they should aid other groups that have or do face discrimination. Perhaps they should make a concerted effort to reverse the perception they drastically favour their own and stick together to the detriment of others. If someone is successful and is kind and generous most people will be happy for them. If someone is successful on the backs of others or is arrogant then it breeds resentment. The jewish community should make an effort to change the general perception, send ambassadors of the community to help others. I bet there are many jewish that do wonderful things like this already, you just don't hear about it, or at least I have not.

8. I don't believe that any of the concerns or reasons for dislike should apply to everyone. Stereotypes are just that, and just like any other group people are people and unfortunately sometimes the more negative aspects become the paint everyone in that group is unjustly painted with. Maybe some Jewish members of the community should aggressively work to internally change the stereotype behaviour of others for the good of all. I hear of many efforts by black community leaders working hard to change the negative perceptions from the inside instead of lashing out at others for racism or prejudice.

I would like to add that I am not jewish. I have Jewish friends and friends of many other backgrounds and different religions and beliefs, and I like to think of myself as not prejudiced or racist - But I still get annoyed by the stereotypes of pretty much every group now and then, especially my own group (if you can call it that).

Post Date: 13th Jan, 2010 - 12:58am / Post ID: #

Jews Hate People Why

Name: Kelly

Comments: In my experience, most people hate Jews because they tend to only keep to themselves. Many live in Jewish communities, attend Jewish camps, Jewish schools, and at college spend time with Jewish groups, and are expected to marry within the religion. Programs such as Birthright, which sends any Jewish student on a free 10 day trip to Israel, is a program that especially secludes them from others. Essentially, the environment, at least in the USA, tends to be one of exclusion towards all others. Many quote jealousy of their economic power or silly things such as "they killed Jesus" as being the reason for the widespread hatred, but these have not been my experience. Even if you visit a website like wikipedia, you can quickly see evidence of how members must be marked as "Jewish." Look up a few actors, some Christian, some Jewish. Nine times out of ten, the Jewish actor/actress will be addressed as being Jewish in the first paragraph, whereas it might be a passing statement for the Christian.

I think the fact that Jews continue to refer to non-Jews as Gentiles is fairly disgusting as well. Catholics, or other religions for that matter, don't have a "non-us" word.

13th Jan, 2010 - 1:15am / Post ID: #

Why Do People Hate Jews?

I think Jews have become a patsy. So many people persecute them, so when someone does it everyone kind of goes, "O here we go again."

It's kind of like the bullies know which kid of the bunch they can bully. No one stands up to stop the bully, they just kind of except it in most cases. It is a strange thing but most people are just happy the bully is not picking on them, and that is enough.

So, Jews become the punching bag of the world in this way.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 26th Jul, 2010 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

Why People Hate Jews - Page 9

Name: Mustafa

Comments: Just look at the recent news reports and it's obvious why people hate the Jews. Everyone was angry with South Africa's apartheid system but no one objects to Israel doing it with the Palestinians.

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2010 - 10:37pm / Post ID: #

Why People Hate Jews Studies Judaism - Page 9

Name: Danidin

Comments: How many threads are there about why people hate someone else... Not too many, I looked, so ...

Just think about it... There are reason to hate other people, but there is no general movement.

People hate the Jews just because history thought us it is OK... The Nazis killed 6 million Jews and Germany still exists as a strong nation.

People have been hating Jews for 2000 years... Why change? It was accepted in past it is still accepted today.

It is sad but it is the reality.

+  « First of 13 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 

> TOPIC: Why Do People Hate Jews?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,