Psychology Of Father - Page 2 of 4

Farseer, the poem you quoted is sad not only - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 21st Aug, 2006 - 6:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
20th Jun, 2006 - 5:01am / Post ID: #

Psychology Of Father - Page 2

Isn't it fun to watch a little child, who has not been taught to fear, melt a heart of stone? Breakup of the family leaving a child with a part-time mother and father leaves a scar on our character that can never be erased. The only thing you can do is give your child the life you wished you had and enjoy your second chance through them. I sense you are doing just that. Good luck.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Jun, 2006 - 6:32am / Post ID: #

Psychology Of Father
A Friend

Father Psychology

It sounds like I am truly the blessed on in the group. I had a wonderful father. My dad was a coach on everyone of my soccer teams, every baseball team, and nearly every basketball team until high school. He played all sports with me and encouraged me in school, boy scouts, and church. He is one of the few people I have met that can really live their life the way they preach it. My father never expects anyone to do anything he wouldn't. And while he may never be rich, he knows that he gave of himself something that money could never buy, his time. He showed his love by word, time, and discipline. He never "spared the rod" but also never failed to give a hug and an "I love you" afterwards, letting us know always that he would love us no matter what we did. My father is not boastful and knows when to say something and when to keep silent. He was an excellent example of what a father should be like, and I only hope my children can say the same of me when my days of raising them are closing.

20th Jun, 2006 - 10:40pm / Post ID: #

Psychology Of Father Health & Special Psychology

I wonder how many of us could write about their father as you have. I know I wish I could.

18th Aug, 2006 - 5:28am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Father Psychology

I suppose I am very much like konquerez in that I will have great memories of my father (when memories are needed, since he is very much alive today). He has been the rock in my life and has supported me in everything I've ever done.

He has also taught me so much about men, without even knowing it. He and I don't have the type of the relationship where we talk about my relationships, since I am the youngest, and still his "little girl" wink.gif . However, the respect and consideration he shows me, gives me an ideal of how I would like to be treated by my future husband. I could never leave a home where my father treated me so well, and marry a man who disrespected me. He has set a precedent for what my standards are, for which I am eternally grateful.

One of the most important lessons he has ever taught me, is never to leave the house with more than enough money. It was his way of teaching me financial independence. Never let anyone think they can buy you by paying for you. Now my mental, physical and financial independence, I owe to him.

18th Aug, 2006 - 12:25pm / Post ID: #

Father Psychology

Cookie, you are a treasure to behold. Your thoughts and attitude show the care of a very intelligent, thinking, and loving father.

20th Aug, 2006 - 9:26pm / Post ID: #

Psychology Of Father

This poem I recently found sums up my relationship with my father, and the effect it had on me:

international QUOTE
My father was not in the telephone book in my city;
my father was not sleeping with my mother at home;
my father did not care if I studied the piano;
my father did not care what I did;
and I thought my father was handsome and I loved him and I wondered
whyhe left me alone so much,
so many years
in fact, but my father
made me what I am a lonely woman
without a purpose, just as I was
a lonely child
without any father.  I walked with words, words, and
names, names.  Father was not
one of my words.
Father was not
one of my names.

Diane Wakoski
"The Father of My Country"

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
20th Aug, 2006 - 9:55pm / Post ID: #

Psychology Father - Page 2

The words of the poem hit very close to home. When I was just a child my father was driving truck, but home every night. Then the long distance hauls became the rule and he was always gone. One day when I had a family of my own I was told by an older family member that knew the score that my father was in town most weekends, but saw all the movies, bowled, and played pool. I can't say I blame him for staying in town to stay away from my holy-roller mother, but it sure would have been nice to have had a "Dad" around.

21st Aug, 2006 - 6:53am / Post ID: #

Psychology Father Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

Farseer, the poem you quoted is sad not only for the child, but also for the father who will never know what could have had, and the joy he could have felt in having a loving relationship with his child. Konquererz and cookie, you are the lucky ones with such wonderful fathers. My father and mother divorced when I was five and I saw him only once after that until I was in my twenties. He had schizophrenia and alcoholism his entire life. Needless to say, I didn't much care to have a relationship with him, but he finally contacted me when I was about 21. I was kind to him, and kept in touch with him after that. He died in 1999. I took care of his affairs and funeral and I didn't even know him, really. It's very sad that he had no one in him life. My mom got remarried when I was eight, so I also had a step-father which was more like a father than my real father ever was. He was a good man who felt deeply and very much loved my mom, though he also had his shortcomings. He was alcoholic and I never knew him when he wasn't drunk except for one year when he promised himself he wouldn't drink for a year, which he didn't. After he reached his goal, he went right back to it. The alcoholism prevented him from giving his children the love and attention they craved, much less his step-children. I am grateful the work ethic he gave me, and in the love he shared when he was able to.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Psychology Of Father

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,