Teens & Drinking

Teens Drinking - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 31st Oct, 2017 - 6:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 4th Jul, 2006 - 12:57pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Teens & Drinking

DRINKING MAY TAKE BIG TOLL ON TEEN BRAINS

Teenagers have been drinking alcohol for centuries. In pre-Revolutionary America, young apprentices were handed buckets of ale. In the 1890s, at the age of 15, the writer Jack London regularly drank grown sailors under the table.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C3949%2C%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Jul, 2006 - 5:44am / Post ID: #

Teens & Drinking
A Friend

Drinking and Teens

Drinking to teens when I was still young was cool only because it was banned. No one wanted to do something that wasn't really rebellious. Lets face it, most alcohol is not inherently good and a taste for it must be acquired. I did and still enjoy a drink from time to time. But when I was young, I didn't know how to temper my drinking and often felt sick later on. For this reason I didn't really like drinking but liked the idea of drinking. Teen drinking has gotten worse every time they raise the drinking age. While its physically better for teens to not drink, a lower drinking age takes the "rebellious" and "cool" factor out of drinking and thus lowers the number of teens that will drink. In fact, I drank much less after I turned twenty-one than before.

8th Jul, 2006 - 7:00pm / Post ID: #

Teens & Drinking Health & Special Psychology

I would have to agree with kon yet again. Before I turned twenty-one I jumped at the chance to drink and now that I was able to drink with out a trouble factor there was no real point to it. I do go out with my family and friends now and again but it's to socialize more than drink.

Post Date: 5th Dec, 2012 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

Drinking and Teens

Scientists find gene link to teenage binge drinking
Biotechnology News

LONDON (Reuters) - Scientists have unpicked the brain processes involved in teenage alcohol abuse and say their findings help explain why some young people have more of a tendency to binge drink. A study published in the Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) journal found that a gene known as RASGRF-2 plays a crucial role in controlling how alcohol stimulates the brain to release dopamine, triggering feelings of reward. ...

Source: BioTech News Headlines - Yahoo! News

Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2016 - 3:49am / Post ID: #

Drinking and Teens

Addiction associated with poor awareness of others, study shows

Adolescents with severe alcohol and other drug problems have a low regard for others, as indicated by higher rates of driving under the influence and having unprotected sex with a history of sexually transmitted disease, research shows. The findings also showed that they are less likely to volunteer their time helping others, an activity that she has been shown to help adult alcoholics stay sober. Ref. Source 2c.

Post Date: 27th Jun, 2016 - 11:25am / Post ID: #

Teens & Drinking

Understanding Risk Factors Involved in Initiation of Adolescent Alcohol Use

Underage drinking is a major public health and social problem in the U.S. The ability to identify at-risk children before they initiate heavy alcohol use has immense clinical and public health implications. A new study has found that demographic factors, cognitive functioning, and brain features during the early-adolescence ages of 12 to 14 years can predict which youth eventually initiate alcohol use during later adolescence around the age of 18. Ref. Source 5x.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Oct, 2017 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

Teens & Drinking

Early age of drinking leads to neurocognitive and neuropsychological damage. Although drinking by U.S. Adolescents has decreased during the last decade, more than 20 percent of U.S. High-school students continue to drink alcohol before the age of 14 years. This can have adverse effects on their neurodevelopment. Little is known about how the age of alcohol-use onset influences brain development. This is the first study to assess the association between age of adolescent drinking onset and neurocognitive performance, taking into account pre-existing cognitive function. Source 1t.

Post Date: 31st Oct, 2017 - 6:12pm / Post ID: #

Teens & Drinking
A Friend

Teens & Drinking Psychology Special & Health

As always, it's not that fact of drinking alcohol that causes these conditions, it's drinking alcohol regularly and often. A single drink per week is not the issue - it's when the children are daily drinkers, or heavy drinkers. Like anything else in this world, too much of it causes damage or worse.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Teens & Drinking

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,