Mel Gibson - Page 2 of 10

REPORT: MEL GIBSON LEAK LEADS TO INVESTIGATION - Page 2 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 13th Oct, 2006 - 11:53am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (10) »
Mel Gibson
2nd Aug, 2006 - 9:24pm / Post ID: #

Mel Gibson - Page 2

It appears there is now verifiable reports of what Gibson said. Unfortunately for him, being a public figure means that all aspects of his life are on display. That is part of the job. If a person doesn't want to be in the spotlight, they shouldn't go into a public arena to make a living. I like Mel Gibson and agree that up to this point, he has been a good public example of a family man. He seems sincere in his apology and has taken steps to make amends. Considering his remarks, he is fortunate that the sentiment is a forgiving one.

Members of the Jewish community greeted Gibson's most recent statement favorably. "We are glad that Mel Gibson has finally owned up to the fact that he made anti-Semitic remarks, and his apology sounds sincere. We welcome his efforts to repair the damage he has caused," Abraham H. Foxman, national director of the Anti-Defamation League, told The Associated Press. "Once he completes his rehabilitation for alcohol abuse, we will be ready and willing to help him with his second rehabilitation to combat this disease of prejudice."
I think this has to do with the way the public has embraced his persona in the past.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Aug, 2006 - 10:21pm / Post ID: #

Mel Gibson
A Friend

Gibson Mel

*Sigh* Why Mel, why?

This is unfortunate, but I think he's a pretty good guy and genuinely wants to be a good person and make a difference. It's no excuse, but when you're hammered you say and do things you wouldn't otherwise.

From what I gather, his father is anti-sematic, so it's my guess that he's probably been exposed to these kind of comments from a young age. It's not surprising they would come to the surface.

But, in my opinion, his comments are nothing compared to the fact that he was driving while smashed. That, to me, is more unforgivable than anything he might have said. Big star or Average Joe - I don't care - drunk driving shows complete disregard for others.

I hope he doesn't do it again.

Post Date: 3rd Aug, 2006 - 3:13am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mel Gibson Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Breaking News

Actor Mel Gibson is charged with misdemeanor drunken driving, having an elevated blood-alcohol level and having an open container of liquor in his car.
Ref. CNN

17th Aug, 2006 - 9:52pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Gibson Mel

In the very least he is not running from his crime, but I wonder if everyone would get the same 'treatment'? In some places jail time is mandatory for driving drunk as it can lead to death being that a vehicle has the potential to be a deadly weapon.

Mel Gibson has pleaded no contest to misdemeanor drunken driving and received three years probation, prosecutors say.
Ref. CNN

17th Aug, 2006 - 10:11pm / Post ID: #

Gibson Mel

In many places, that is the normal type of punishment for first time drunk driving. Some other places, it is much worse. I don't think that he got any special treatment in the legal system.

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2006 - 4:43am / Post ID: #

Mel Gibson
A Friend

Mel Gibson

I know people who have gotten worse or less than he got for drunken driving, I don't think he got special treatment. However, I can't believe people are letting him off the hook for the anti-semitic statements, accepting some ridiculous apology and claim that he isn't anti-semitic. He didn't go insane when he was drunk, it wasn't a moment of insanity, it was a moment of complete honest! Anyone who has been drunk knows that you are more honest when drunk than any time. Your inhibitions are gone so you will say the things your mind normally tells you that you shouldn't say. If he wasn't Mel Gibson, he would be labeled a hate monger, anti-semitic, and bigot. He has definitely been given the easy road here because of his status. His father hates jews, his movie blames the jews, and he allows hates jews. He can deny it all he wants, he showed me his true feelings when he spouted off when he was without inhibitions due to alcohol.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Oct, 2006 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

Mel Gibson - Page 2

Mel Gibson reportedly drinking again

The star - who publicly sought help for his alcoholism less than two months ago - was spotted drinking beer in Austin, Texas, according to the upcoming issue of the National Enquirer.
Ref. https://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15066195/

Post Date: 13th Oct, 2006 - 11:53am / Post ID: #

Mel Gibson Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 2

REPORT: MEL GIBSON LEAK LEADS TO INVESTIGATION OF OFFICER

The sheriff's deputy who arrested actor Mel Gibson for drunken driving has had his home searched by fellow officers investigating how a police account of the actor's anti-Semitic tirade was made public, it was reported Thursday.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2006/US/10/12/gibson.of...reut/index.html

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Mel Gibson

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,