Thomas S. Monson - Page 3 of 6

QUOTE (ChicaSUD @ 2-Oct 09, 12:51 AM) Do you - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 4th Oct, 2009 - 1:32pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 2 15 24 Why Join Help
+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Thomas S. Monson
Post Date: 30th Jan, 2009 - 8:31pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Thomas S. Monson - Page 3

Thomas S. Monson Stories

The new LDS Church News Web site has nearly 1,600 stories on President Thomas S. Monson! You can read them all now on the all new (and FREE) Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 3rd Feb, 2009 - 12:51pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 17,368
Avg: 3.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 94.7%
[+] Gain: 1,207.41 FP
Charm: 334

Monson S Thomas

Did you all know Pres. Monson still living in his modest brick home? He decided not to move to the presidential apartment downtown in Salt Lake City where Church Presidents usually live. He also shows up to Utah Jazz basketball games and continue fishing as it's one of his passions. One thing I read that I really liked (and hope leaders can follow):

"He has made it clear to the bishops of the church that people come before programs. If there must be a choice between helping those in need and maintaining a program, the people in need are always to be helped, even if it means disrupting programs."

Post Date: 16th Mar, 2009 - 1:56pm / Post ID: #

Member Writer
[?] CPosts: 245
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 1.8%
[+] Gain: 235.25 FP
Charm: none

Thomas S. Monson Studies Doctrine Mormon

I love him a lot. Pres. Monson always tells good stories that are easy for my children to understand. I think its cool that he wants to liv in his own home, and why not its his home!

Post Date: 16th Sep, 2009 - 11:53am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 3 Monson S Thomas

Pres. Monson recounts details on 9 of his predecessors

He tells BYU audience about tenures, traits, anecdotes and favorites

Some were one-word summations - such as "persistence" for President Heber J. Grant, "compassion" for President George Albert Smith and "dedication" for President Spencer W. Kimball - while others were multi-word phrases, such as "do your best" from President Gordon B. Hinckley and "be in tune with and be responsive to the whisperings of the spirit" from President Harold B. Lee. Ref. Source 1

Post Date: 18th Sep, 2009 - 12:24am / Post ID: #

Member Junior
[?] CPosts: 36
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 0.3%
[+] Gain: 191.80 FP
Charm: none

Monson S Thomas

I just love Pres. Monson. He shares these amazing stories that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and I am glad that he is our Prophet for today.

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2009 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #

Member Senior
[?] CPosts: 621
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 4.8%
[+] Gain: 256.35 FP
Charm: 1

Thomas S. Monson

I saw him personally in one of the temple dedications and yes most folks love him because he's always in a good mood, tell stories and wiggles his ears I guess it appeals to some you know what am I saying? It doesnt to me but you can well see he seems to be a good man.

Post Date: 2nd Oct, 2009 - 12:51am / Post ID: #

Member Graced
[?] CPosts: 171
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 1.4%
[+] Gain: 231.80 FP

Page 3 Thomas S. Monson

Attached Image QUOTE (SuzieSu @ 22-Sep 09, 3:27 PM)
I saw him personally in one of the temple dedications and yes most folks love him because he's always in a good mood, tell stories and wiggles his ears

Do you realize you're speaking about the Lord's anointed? You should be more respectful when you're speaking about our dear Prophet. For your information, most members love him because he was called by God to lead this Church and not because he wiggles his ears.

Post Date: 4th Oct, 2009 - 1:32pm / Post ID: #

Member Senior
[?] CPosts: 621
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 4.8%
[+] Gain: 256.35 FP

Thomas S. Monson - Page 3

Attached Image QUOTE (ChicaSUD @ 2-Oct 09, 12:51 AM)
Do you realize you're speaking about the Lord's anointed? You should be more respectful when you're speaking about our dear Prophet.

Excuse me? What did I write that you took as disrespectful? Isn't a fact that members love seeing wiggling his ears and telling a hundred of stories? Whats disrespectful about that you know what am I saying? Am I forced to like it?

Guest please SHARE: "Thomas S. Monson" on:

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Sponsored Links:

We may have more on Thomas S. Monson, Search first and if not Start A NEW Topic if Thomas S. Monson is not what you had in mind.
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Thomas S. Monson

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy and Disclaimer pages.

LDS Topics

Current Mormon Deep Discussion from our Community:

Highlights

The Trump Immigration Wall: Political Controversy WARNING you may find the contents of this Thread offensive, view at your own discretion. By Knightslay 1.5 Day(s) Ago Discuss It!
Donald Trump: Donald Trump President of the United States of America - Real Estate mogul, Pageant owner and now nominee for President of the USA? By Knightslay 4.4 Days Ago Discuss It!
Global Warming: Natural Or Man-made?: global warming Global warming has been in and out as the "latest" hot topic for many years. It is, according to modern scientists, the result of man-made industrial pollutants, clearing forested areas, agriculture, etc. But now they are thinking it started way before the Industrial Revolution... By Symphony 1 Week Ago Discuss It!
Crowdfunding For Future Terra II: Future Terra Donations
We need Backers! We have: $291 of $1,500 (We need $3,000 total)
Raising funds for the Future Terra II Science Fiction Text RPG through Donations. This was started in August, 2018.
Our Current Backers:
Daishain - $164
Anronrosby - $46
Silencedmind - $45
Stacia - $12
Mikeyd - $12
Play By Post - $12

By JB 3rd Oct, 2018 - 1:47pm Discuss It!
Russia vs USA: Russia Tactics versus U.S.A. Vs Russia Russia: 'The Evil Empire'? Are they all that bad or is it just the USA trying to portray Russia as bad because they are a world power with land bigger and a society very different from the USA ideal? By News 8th Aug, 2018 - 10:33pm Discuss It!
Your View On The Nature Of Interests: By News 4th Jul, 2018 - 7:30pm Discuss It!
Men In Uniform - Authorized Excessive Violence: Political Controversy WARNING you may find the contents of this Thread offensive, view at your own discretion. By KNtoran 7th Feb, 2018 - 12:03am Discuss It!
Atheists Not To Be Feared!: New look at Atheists and their thinking - Atheism - Athiest - Do Not Believe In God By Gknightbc 18th Nov, 2017 - 5:34pm Discuss It!
Wide Screen Columns: Best of  Wide Screen Columns Users with wide screen monitors can benefit from more content on every page. By JB 14th Oct, 2017 - 12:32am Discuss It!
Offensive Trademarks: Best of  Offensive Trademarks By Abnninja 20th Jun, 2017 - 4:16pm Discuss It!

Updated every: 14 minutes