Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard

Discuss  Cyberpunk 2020
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2014 - 4:07pm / Post ID: #

Cyberpunk 2020

Cyberpunk 2020

Now that you have played it - what is your review for the role-playing game "Cyberpunk 2020"?

Cyberpunk 2020
Cyberpunk 2020 (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 29th Jan, 2014 - 11:05am / Post ID: #

Cyberpunk 2020
A Friend

Cyberpunk

It's one of my favorite Role-playing Game's. It's based in the book Neuromancer from William Gibson. It's in a near future world, were corporations are all powerful, and implants are used by anyone to improve the body. You can get new arms, legs, or turned in a full cyborg. Now it may seems mainstream, but in the early 80's (Before movie like Robocop), it was very original.
The internet (Called the matrix) is the [highway] of information and the runners (Hackers) are its main adepts.
The corporations [fight] to achieve their objectives (Getting more money and power) and use people as the PC against others corporations. But the players can also make a difference.

For the setting, imagine the movie [Bladerunner], the game [Deus Ex], the anime [Ghost in the Shell].

The system is quite easy: you have some stats like int or [Dexterity] in a scale of 1 to 10; then you have skills (Also from 1 to 10). The GM decides what it is the target value (10 is very easy, 30 very [difficult]) and all you have to do is sum them with a 1d10
Example: Let's say you want to make a search in a library and you have 7 of [intelligence], 5 in library search and the GM decides that that the target value is 15.
So7 (Intel)+ 5 (History)+1d10 (Let's imagine you scored a 5)=17. You passed!
So, anyone interested to play?

Edited Message Edited...
Persephone: Before submitting your comments please use good grammar - no net talk or slang, check your spelling and remember that names of places and people begin with an uppercase letter.

29th Jan, 2014 - 1:20pm / Post ID: #

Cyberpunk 2020 Reviews RPG & Card Board

The background and performance of actions for Cyberpunk 2020 seem simple enough to attract those interested in this genre, but what you should do is start a new Thread in this Board and title it what you will have your Role-playing Game known as and what you will expect from Players, etc. Use the format listed here: How To Be A Game Master / Dungeon Master. Here is an example of someone proposing their Role-playing Game idea: Source 4

Post Date: 29th Jan, 2014 - 2:04pm / Post ID: #

Cyberpunk 2020
A Friend

Cyberpunk

Thanks for the advice!
[I'll] post to see if I get anyone interested. I was using this thread to see if there was others who liked the game, but a new thread is a better idea.

Continued here: Looking For Players To Cyberpunk 2020

Post Date: 29th Jan, 2014 - 2:42pm / Post ID: #

Cyberpunk

Name: Tia

Comments: I like playing a rocker I guess its the equivalent of a bard in other systems but rockers can come off weak but they're deadly. Anyone say "Pussy Riot"?

13th Feb, 2014 - 3:24pm / Post ID: #

Cyberpunk 2020

Cyberpunk 2020 reminds me of an old game by TSR called, "Gamma World". There was a publication up to 2010 but I don't think it was as successful as Dungeons & Dragons. Another member on here had a "Hot Chicks" Game that was also along the lines of this. Sounds interesting though.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Feb, 2014 - 10:04am / Post ID: #

Cyberpunk 2020
A Friend

Cyberpunk 2020

Gamma World wasn't a post apocaliptic? It was a good game (TSR had several good games), but none made much success.

14th Feb, 2014 - 1:22pm / Post ID: #

Cyberpunk 2020 Board Card & RPG Reviews

Yes it was. It was a mix of technology with regular stuff we have today and you could also add in body parts but I don't think it was emphasized like how it is in Cyberpunk.

> TOPIC: Cyberpunk 2020

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,