Winston Dookeran - Page 4 of 6

Name: Michelle Comments: I think a lot of - Page 4 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 16th Apr, 2010 - 8:10pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Trinidad Politics Could Winston Dookeran be the next Prime Minister of Trinidad & Tobago or is he fighting a losing battle? Does he have what it takes to win?
Post Date: 4th Oct, 2007 - 11:25pm / Post ID: #

Winston Dookeran
A Friend

Winston Dookeran - Page 4

IS Mr Dookeran the person to lead us? WHat are his crowning achievements?
As JB Noted earlier,

Who was on that party... Winston Dookeran as acting PM. When it was time for Robinson to be out it was a landside victory and PNM won. Where did Dookeran go after that... UNC with Panday, in fact it was Panday who wanted him in the party (maybe against the wishes of some). For some reason Dookeran could not function within the UNC and left politics altogether only to later form his own party after some citizens petitioned his home.

First of all, he has been in politics from since ONR days. He was in the Club 88 that Panday formed after the failed Alliance. He was as JB referred acting PM in the red house.
My issue is that with all of the strange happenings in UNC while they were in power, he was there. He was there during the airport, rice, bank account, Ms Universe, etc scandals and STAYED. He was shunned and embarrassed by Panday and STAYED. He was Leader of the party but not allowed to speak on the platform, not invited to major functions etc and HE STAYED.
In fact, it seems as if he only left when the other UNC members who stayed through it all encouraged him and advised him that they were on his side.
For some reason they are of the view that he is their only access to the East West Corridor but to me, what is the difference? It would just be a UNC party without Panday. Wouldn't it?

Sponsored Links:
5th Oct, 2007 - 12:15am / Post ID: #

Dookeran Winston

Kaisofan, you bring up some good points, especially the one about his new party being the same as the UNC, just without Panday. For me leaving Panday out of any political picture is a good thing, but that is another Thread. I cannot remember if I mentioned it before, but the one thin I do remember and could not stand the NAR for was going from 0% to 15% tax on people and goods in one go. Guess who was leading an advising financial matters at the time? Yes, Winston Dookeran. Were he to come back to power I would have to wonder if inflation would get worst, better or unreachable?

Post Date: 5th Oct, 2007 - 11:25pm / Post ID: #

Winston Dookeran
A Friend

Winston Dookeran Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

That's true. Dookeran is either invisible/insignificant (choose one) which would explain why people forget such things, and the other option is that the research team for the other parties is soooo poor.
I remember how difficult is was for many people with reduced salaries coupled with the increased vat.
With the new leadership in the UNC, I wonder what that means for the election. Almost immediately Dookeran's votes have increased. Maybe Kamla will go over to the UNC?

5th Oct, 2007 - 11:43pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Dookeran Winston

QUOTE (Kaisofan)
Maybe Kamla will go over to the UNC?

You mean the COP? Nah, she will stay with the UNC, but hopefully they will all see what Panday is really for: himself. Back to the Topic, Dookeran has a lot of things to answer for both in the past and now. Many wonder what he has done in his role as MP, many still wonder what he would do as PM. Some feel that he does not have enough grit to get things moving and his own team may overrun him - who knows.

10th Oct, 2007 - 1:12am / Post ID: #

Dookeran Winston

Dokeran, Dokeran, Dokeran... you all really feel he has what it takes to get votes enough to take the PNM out of office?

6th Nov, 2007 - 9:20pm / Post ID: #

Winston Dookeran

I wonder if he will quietly bow out of politics now that he has seen that the people are not interested in his concept of change?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Nov, 2007 - 7:31pm / Post ID: #

Winston Dookeran - Page 4

It would have been interesting to see what Winston Dookeran would have done for the country if he won the elections. Personally, I believe that Dookeran is a little too soft for politics. I enjoyed listening to the speech he gave after his party lost. Such a humble and wise human being. I think that it is safe to say that the opposite of Winston Dookeran is Basdeo Panday. Here is a link which outlines the speech that Winston Dookeran gave after he lost the elections:

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...ws?id=161228874

Post Date: 16th Apr, 2010 - 8:10pm / Post ID: #

Winston Dookeran Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 4

Name: Michelle

Comments: I think a lot of people can get past the impressions and looks and listen to the substance of what he is saying. It sounds to me that he has been on a strong platform of saving democratic traditions in Trinidad, fighting against corruption and getting action.

More young people must step up; build themselves up as positive competent individuals who are concerned with performance for the people of Trinidad and Tobago. We need to see higher quality individuals getting into the political fray to save the country.

Otherwise, we would be griping forever about age, looks, charisma. Let's talk substance and results.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Winston Dookeran

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,