Winston Dookeran - Page 2 of 6

QUOTE (Trini808)...maybe he needs to be ridiculed - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 4th Nov, 2006 - 2:12am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Trinidad Politics Could Winston Dookeran be the next Prime Minister of Trinidad & Tobago or is he fighting a losing battle? Does he have what it takes to win?
Post Date: 3rd Nov, 2006 - 10:34pm / Post ID: #

Winston Dookeran
A Friend

Winston Dookeran - Page 2

The way he talks (bobbing his head and using his hands in the air) has also become a signature pattern to the point that Tommy Joseph and many others are able to make jokes about it via television and shows, so everyone is noticing his lack of appeal.

Oh and how useful this can be for the opposition, some would say its all they need.

Inaction can be as deadly or worst than action. For instance we may not like Manning or we may not like Panday, but they may be better at moving the the country forward than Dookeran - I am not saying it is so, but merely as an example.

You are absolutely correct and this is the decision the voters will have to make but I certainly think that the non-Indian voters have no confidence in Panday as PM and will not vote for him and they will be looking else where since the PNM is not helping.

I think its critical at this point in time that the PNM is oust.

Sponsored Links:
3rd Nov, 2006 - 10:53pm / Post ID: #

Dookeran Winston

He was moving ahead, but his last no show in the Budget debate was a big hurt to both him and his party, in fact Lucky had to apologize on the party's behalf, something he should have done himself.

Post Date: 3rd Nov, 2006 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

Winston Dookeran
A Friend

Winston Dookeran Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Yes I did hear about it and, I feel it was unfair to not have the man speak, it goes to show you that the PNM and UNC are afraid of him and he is a viable threat. I have to say, they have to make him look really bad at this point to really hurt him especially with the country in such disarray.

3rd Nov, 2006 - 11:58pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Dookeran Winston

For me it is further evidence that he can be pushed around easily.

4th Nov, 2006 - 12:32am / Post ID: #

Dookeran Winston

I am not a Trini, but may I share my opinion? wink.gif

JB said:

For instance we may not like Manning or we may not like Panday, but they may be better at moving the the country forward than Dookeran

What's your basis for this statement? Dookeran have never been a Prime Minister as far as I am concerned, so he should be given the benefit of the doubt. The other two (Panday and Manning) have shown more than once that they are incapable to move this country forward. If constant "bacchanal", food prices going up to the skies, crime leaving us with a sense of constant fear, where impunity is the king of the country...if that means moving the country forward, they have done an excellent job at it.

4th Nov, 2006 - 12:42am / Post ID: #

Winston Dookeran

Everyone is treating Dookeran as though he is the new kid on the block, but he is not, he has been in politics a very long time, as was mentioned he was even Acting Prime Minister. Let us not forget that he chaired the UNC at one time so we cannot totally place him as an unknown entity to the Panday era.

The guy has a vivid background, but that is not what we need, we need someone to shape the country up, not smooth it down...

See his Bio: https://www.winstondookeran.com/bio.htm

LDS_forever: on the front page of that site has an Email for feedback, why don't you invite one of their PRs to come and speak for him here?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Nov, 2006 - 2:02am / Post ID: #

Winston Dookeran
A Friend

Winston Dookeran - Page 2

Mr Dookeran, has definately had his hand in politics for quite some time now, there is no doubt that he cannot be credited for being an effective leader in the past, but I think he has done what is needed to do and he is doing what no other is doing which is go to battle against the likes of Panday and Manning. I must give him his dues for taking the bull by its horns so to speak and forming a new party and although I am unble to see his speaches and be witness to his demeanor, I do belive he is on the right track.

I did make a comment that his demenor may hurt him maybe he needs to be ridiculed in order to bring out the beast in him. I have not heard of his response to critism, but I have heard what Panday, who should sometimes not talk at all.

I really do think great men are made not born and sometimes it takes special circumstances for one to be able to shine and be their best.

This is why I would have to agree with LDS and say he deserves a chance, look at me bad mouthing the guy and then sticking up for him.

smile.gif

4th Nov, 2006 - 2:12am / Post ID: #

Winston Dookeran Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 2

QUOTE (Trini808)
...maybe he needs to be ridiculed in order to bring out the beast in him.

I have seen this done in Parliament and he just remains quiet really. The last time was Manning chastising him for not be around when it was his turn to debate the Budget. There is a young Indian guy that does his PR for him on television and I must say that he does very well, he should give Dookeran some pointers.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Winston Dookeran

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,