USA Constitution Failure - Page 4 of 5

"But I go on this great republican principle, - Page 4 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 7th Oct, 2010 - 11:48am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
US Constitution Failure
Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2010 - 4:26pm / Post ID: #

USA Constitution Failure
A Friend

USA Constitution Failure - Page 4

Anyone ever ventured over to some of the sites which discuss the laws in depth? There is one specifically that I can't recall the address, but it allows you to select parts of the laws and comment on them. Anyways, I've noticed this misconception commonly found on all of them:

People seem to confuse the Christian bible with the U.S. Government. Yes, Sodom and Gomorrah is in the bible (Sorry if I spelled those wrong), but the sin of playing with a pigs skin and shaving your temples is also in the Christian bible. But that's irrelevant because, the constitution states that the U.S. Government shall make no laws respecting an establishment of religion, nor prohibiting the free exercise thereof.

Not trying to be a pretentious atheist, but it concerns me when discussing Laws, someone decides to reach for their pocket bible and not their pocket constitution. I get religion is an important part of many peoples lives, but government is an important part of everyones lives. Not everyone in the U.S. Is Christian (Though I guess not everyone in the U.S. Is a U.S. Citizen either undecided.gif ).

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2010 - 4:58pm / Post ID: #

Failure Constitution USA

Name: Fredtop

Comments: Whenever we do something or stand for something its usually on the precepts we have be it religion or otherwise. Let's not forget that the majority of the men who formed the Constitution were in fact Masons. I don't know why people bring up the Bible all the time because Masonry is not about the Bible per sey because the beliefs are distinct. The idea behind the Constitution was to enable men to act as they will and allowing others to do the same.

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2010 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

USA Constitution Failure
A Friend

USA Constitution Failure History & Civil Business Politics

Why bring up the masons when discussing the legal affects of the constitution either? I can see how it is good for talking about the history or founding of the constitution. But I do not see the relevance of religion, aside from the first amendment, when discussing the constitutionality of laws.

Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2010 - 1:59am / Post ID: #

USA Constitution Failure
A Friend

Page 4 Failure Constitution USA

Yes most of us know that the fore fathers who wrote the USA Constitution were members of the Free Masons. The fact that they were able to write a document that has stood up to the test of time and represent the idea government is saying a lot about that documentation. It is my belief that the USA Constitution has not fail the people of the United States but that the people of the United States has failed it. Reading the Constitution can help one understand the principles of this government and I can say that our government nowadays has strayed far from those founding principles. Now our government wants to take more freedoms away. I think I am about ready to go to a street corner and shout "GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!"

Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2010 - 2:15am / Post ID: #

USA Constitution Failure
A Friend

Failure Constitution USA

And push to reform societal thought with more classic liberalism? I'll be right there beside you with a list of social constructs which hurt the ideas of liberty.

23rd Sep, 2010 - 4:43am / Post ID: #

USA Constitution Failure

I don't know. It's hard to tell, really, what is what, anymore, with politics, laws, and even "freedom". Over the years, there have been a number of things that have seemed "odd", and made me think something wasn't right, or really stuck out in my mind, but which eventually drifted out of mind, or never seemed to be of note, so it's hard for me to know if anything anymore, if just more examples of that kind of false alarm of things seeming like they're "off", some sort of "old fogey" bitterness - the gorgnard griping "It didn't used to be like this twenty years ago - we could eat our sno-cones on the street WITHOUT a napkin!"

For me, this last election was a good confirmation that politics, or at least the US political and federal governmental system, is an autonomous beast, as I've stated before, fairly independent of voters or President for that matter. The actual binary/duality of the US political system is a ridiculous Fisher-Price crutch that the media and parroting authority figures, relatives and friends reinforce - is it any wonder citizens either truly are losing, or perceive they are losing, some of their Constitutional right and freedoms?

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 10 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2010 - 4:53am / Post ID: #

USA Constitution Failure
A Friend

USA Constitution Failure - Page 4

I question to myself. An undeducated man can tell me what he wants to constitution to say, as if it were actually true. A certain smart women can tell me she either doesn't know or can tell me what it contradicts in the constitution, and can point to me where it says it. So what does this mean? Is it politicians and such disillusioning the public? Or did the public become culturally in favor of anti-intellectualism, but now the politicians are taking advantage of that.

The reason I think "anti-intellectualism" is because, as a pretentious entry-level hipster, I see a lot of anti-intellectualism in mainstream music and art. Then people follow that example.

Post Date: 7th Oct, 2010 - 11:48am / Post ID: #

USA Constitution Failure Politics Business Civil & History - Page 4

"But I go on this great republican principle, that the people will have virtue and intelligence to select men of virtue and wisdom. Is there no virtue among us? If there be not, we are in a wretched situation. No theoretical checks--no form of government can render us secure. To suppose that any form of government will secure liberty or happiness without any virtue in the people, is a chimerical idea. If there be sufficient virtue and intelligence in the community, it will be exercised in the selection of these men. So that we do not depend on their virtue, or put confidence in our rulers, but in the people who are to choose them."
-- James Madison - (1751-1836), Father of the Constitution for the USA, 4th US President - Source: Virginia Ratifying Convention, 1788

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: USA Constitution Failure

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,