USA Constitution Failure - Page 2 of 5

Guarding the Constitution As we sit here and - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th Aug, 2009 - 7:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 
US Constitution Failure
Post Date: 24th Aug, 2008 - 11:09pm / Post ID: #

USA Constitution Failure
A Friend

USA Constitution Failure - Page 2

No we really don't use it now. Maybe on occasion when it suites the people that are in power and their own selfish agenda. We lost our rights with the patriot act.

We are over in foreign lands nation building and trying to expand our evil empire. This is what our founding fathers were against.

The constitution was was formed by wise men that wanted to limit government powers. It was a document that stated what government was not allowed to do. Call it our 10 commandments. We are disobeying what made our country righteous and great.

Murdering civilians and sending our young to fight in an evil war is against the constitution.

See Ron Paul and the liberty movement for more details.

Bush is not wiser than the founding fathers. He is a foolish puppet for the powers that be.

Sponsored Links:
25th Aug, 2008 - 5:28am / Post ID: #

Failure Constitution USA

Please actually read Article 2 of the Constitution...

The President can send troops without the consent of the Congress. However, the President may not declare war, as that is a privilege of only the US Congress. So yes, GWB can send troops over to Iraq and Afghanistan, but they are only able to stay there with the full cooperation of the Congress...and a democratic majority one at that. Let's not even get into the point that our Congress voted to send troops anyway...that is just needless technicalities.

Again, the Patriot Act is a potentially dangerous piece of legislation. The checks and balances that are in place between the branches of government are not fully in place to support the spirit of the Patriot Act. We are being asked to take a lot based on faith of our agencies not to pervert the use of the Act for other than designed.

While most of us would applaud the use of the wiretapping in a instance where it saves someone's life, we would surely balk at it being used to find someone that skipped out on paying taxes or was smoking marijuana in their home. The idea is to make it easier to get information and get the bad guys without going through tons of beaurocratic red tape, but if it is too easy and there are few records...who knows.

I know the spirit with which we gave up some of our freedoms and if that is maintained then the Patriot Act shouldn't inconvenience us. However, as Orwell said...Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely and I do believe that and the Patriot Act could easily be perverted into the German Enabling Act if people are not vigilant.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2008 - 3:32am / Post ID: #

USA Constitution Failure
A Friend

USA Constitution Failure History & Civil Business Politics

Unfortunately I have had this conversation with someone before. I have read the 2nd amendment many times and never got that. But I am not really a lawyer. I have heard other explanations of it and have an open mind to it. I can see certain parts of why the president may have this power in a limited way.

I don't believe that you believe that the Iraq war is constitutional. If you do then we disagree.

26th Aug, 2008 - 6:07am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Failure Constitution USA

That is why the President can send troop but only congress can keep them there for any significant length of time. If you are on the battlefield and the Commander and Chief gives you a order, you are to follow it. Failure to do so can wind up with your execution, accidental friendly fire shooting or maybe a long time out at Leavenworth. So when the Commander and Chief says go (unless he is deemed to have lost it and is in need for relief of command), you go where he says to go. Now when the people speak, the congress, and decide they dont want that war to go on...they have the power to bring them back. If your representative is not voting the way you want (keep appropriating funds for the war), have a regime change in your town, county, state and nation with your vote.

Rather off topic, but...
As far as Iraq is concerned, I do not see it is a US Constitutional issue. The former head of Iraq signed a conditional treaty for a cease fire (UN Resolution 687). He then proceeded to thumb his nose at the deal he made for about 13 years...sanction after sanction....resolution after resolution. If you read Resolution 687, there is little doubt that if the conditions are not met, then the ceasefire will end. So I never hear anyone complaining about the first Bush sending the troops over...well in my view...this is just revolking of the ceasefire based on failure to comply with the resolutions. I dont like that the US lead a UN splinter group into pulling the strings on the ceasefire and think that the Bush Administration needed to continue to hold the UN, France, China and Russia to task on their resolutions that had bark but no bite, but at some point...the game had to stop.

The constitution continues to function and serve us fine. Any of the changes that it has needed have truly been in the area of defining citizens rights. It is our elected officials that fail us and in the spirit of the constitution it is our responsibility to hold our officials to task. When they fail, kick the stool out from under them and send them packing. In general, we keep electing the same people or types of people everytime and expect a different outcome. That is just insane. I also do not believe that the Founding Fathers had envisioned that the Judicial Branch would be quite as powerful as it is with little checks and balances to hold them in line (lifetime appointments). The Judicial Branch combined with the Legislative Branches of government have done more to sidestep the Constitution than any President.

But that is my view...

Rather off topic, but...
between...I really dug Ron Paul, but unfortunately, in todays world, he is just not good on TV and that seems to be what matters most to the US voting public. He actually kind of reminded me of Perrot.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 26th Aug, 2008 - 2:33pm / Post ID: #

USA Constitution Failure
A Friend

Failure Constitution USA

I do not believe that the US constitution has failed us in anyway at all as of yet. I see people who seem to think that the constitution no longer serves us. I believe the US Supreme court has ruled in favor of the US constitution in many cases.

The patriot act can be a way the government is attempting to circumvent the US constitution but I doubt that the american people as a whole would stand for that. The second Amendment will see to that with the peoples right to bear arms. I believe the US Supreme court recently upheld that in the case with Washington DC.

We as americans know and support the constitution on a daily basis. We may not be able to tell you what the US constitution says but our life style that we lead supports it.

14th Dec, 2008 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

USA Constitution Failure

Is it the Constitution or our understanding of it that is a failure? I"ve seen time and time again, where a law is passed, then is revoked since it is declared unconstitutional. The Constitution is vague on purpose, it allows people to interpret it how they feel, then let people vote on it.

International Level: Politics 101 / Political Participation: 6 ActivistPoliticianPolitics 101 0.6%

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 31st Dec, 2009 - 2:12pm / Post ID: #

USA Constitution Failure - Page 2

Excessive partiality for one foreign nation and excessive dislike of another cause those whom they actuate to see danger only on one side, and serve to veil and even second the arts of influence on the other. Real patriots who may resist the intrigues of the favorite are liable to become suspected and odious, while its tools and dupes usurp the applause and confidence of the people, to surrender their interests: George Washington (1732-1799) Founding Father, 1st US President, 'Father of the Country' -Source: Farewell Address, September 17, 1796, Ref: George Washington: A Collection, W.B. Allen, ed. (521)

Post Date: 18th Aug, 2009 - 7:20pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

USA Constitution Failure Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Guarding the Constitution

As we sit here and watch government run healthcare, Cap & Tax, more tax hikes, stimulus bills, bailouts, etc etc -- if you STILL believe that our Constitution isn't under attack, well, then you've probably never read it. This isn't what America is about and this isn't just Obama. It's been a gradual rise in government power over decades that has accelerated in Bush's 2nd term and now Obama's 1st term. What can you do about it? Glenn explains how we got here, where we are and what we can do about it all this week in his recently released series of letters. Ref. Source 7

+  1 2 3 4 5 

> TOPIC: USA Constitution Failure

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,