Mitt Romney & The Mormon Church - Page 2 of 26

He seems to have double standards and the - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 18th Jul, 2007 - 7:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (26) »
Rmoney as Mormon US President This Thread is asking if you as an LDS Member will vote for him because he is LDS. Please note that there is another Thread in the Politics & Activism Board about Mitt where everyone can reply with regards to his Political views.
Post Date: 20th Oct, 2006 - 12:44pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Mitt Romney & The Mormon Church - Page 2

CHURCH FAULTS MITT STORY

Gov. Mitt Romney's political team has quietly consulted with leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to map out plans for a nationwide network of LDS supporters to help Romney capture the presidency in 2008, according to interviews and written materials reflecting plans for the initiative.
Ref. Deseretnews.com

Note: There is a politically based Thread about Mitt here:
https://www.bordeglobal.com/foruminv/index....showtopic=12594

This Thread is asking if you, as an LDS Member, will vote for him because he is LDS.

Mitt Romney & The Mormon Church
Mitt Romney & The Mormon Church (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
20th Oct, 2006 - 1:55pm / Post ID: #

Church Mormon and Romney Mitt

No, I would only vote him if I think he can contribute and make changes for the country. I would not vote him just because he is an LDS member. Right now, if I was a US citizen and may be interested in voting for him I would ask why he changed his mind about abortion.

21st Oct, 2006 - 1:20am / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney & The Mormon Church Studies Doctrine Mormon

I am sure that there are members who would vote for him just because he is LDS. There must be quite a few who vote for Harry Reid (Senator from Nevada) just because he is LDS, despite the fact that he is the epitome of the leftist Democrat, and supports all sorts of things that are contrary to Church teachings.

I vote based upon what the people stand for. As far as I know, Mitt Romney is a fairly good example of the ideals that I support.

Perhaps we will learn more about him if he does run for a national office.

Post Date: 26th Dec, 2006 - 5:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 2 Church Mormon and Romney Mitt

Most presidents of the United States are left with the legacy of the prior president to deal with. Unfortunately people that run for president who have high ideals and are elected sadly find that their good intentions are buried by the pressures of the special interest groups that control the politics of Washington D.C. If they do not compromise at a minimum, they find that they cannot accomplish any of the necessary changes that they wish to make for the good of its citizens. I would vote for Mitt Romney but not just because he is LDS but because he could demonstrate his capablity of dealing with the Washington politics to get things that matter done. Past presidents that have not been willing or capable of some compromise to get things done to better the U.S. have only gotten one term and others have been assasinated. We must keep in mind that the president is only one part of the overall U.S. governmental system that has been manipulated to its present state over the history of this great and God given nation. I had a step father that served for many years in the U.S. State department. His comment to me a few years before his death was that it makes no difference who you vote for, the power behind the presidency remains the same relative to our economy, wars, poverty, ecology, energy etc. It is the wealthy groups in the world that indirectly control the Federal Reserve System. Unfortuntely today the majority of those wealthy groups are not composed of U.S. citizens and are only interested in one thing....growing their wealth. The biggest issue for the U.S. is globalization and unless the tide on this is stemmed it won't make any difference on any other issue because the U.S. will become a nation without a livelyhood to afford the products we enjoy but no longer capable of producing ourselves. Globalization is a good idea but not to the extent that it has been implemented in the U.S.

26th Jan, 2007 - 6:33pm / Post ID: #

Church Mormon and Romney Mitt

Well, it seems like some people are not happy with this LDS active member and Returned missionary who created a site against Romney.

Roberts calls himself a devoted Mormon and a returned missionary. But he does not support Romney�s bid for the presidency. In fact, he has created a website, MormonsAgainstRomney.org, with the aim of de-railing the Massachusetts governor�s plans.

"The main thing I would say about Romney is that he's so clearly changed his positions for personal political gain,� Roberts told 2News.

Specifically, he is referring to Romney's apparent shift in positions concerning abortion and homosexual issues.

Although the website's name may suggest a large number of Mormons are against Romney for president, Roberts maintains the site with just one associate. Nonetheless, they claim to have received almost 100 e-mails.

"We get people, in a very strong way, who suggest we are not LDS, or we should not be LDS,� Roberts said. �[And some suggest] it would be in our best interest if we never met the writer of the email."

Post Date: 18th Jul, 2007 - 11:36am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

MORMONS IN CONGRESS NOT FLOCKING TO ROMNEY'S SIDE

For now, presidential hopeful Mitt Romney can count on support from only four members of Congress who share his faith. Some others say it is too early to make a commitment to any of the candidates. And some are actively supporting Romney's competitors.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1,1249,...92894,00.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Jul, 2007 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney & Mormon Church - Page 2

I would vote for an LDS politician only if he or she had views that I could agree with. That Romney has changed his views on some issues does not necessarily mean that he would not make a good president.

Ronald Reagan, the ideal of American Conservativeness, was once a supporter of "abortion rights" and was socially liberal. He had a change of heart relatively early in his political life that made him a very strong advocate for the sanctity of life and individual responsibility. If Romney has had such a conversion then I could support him.

18th Jul, 2007 - 7:15pm / Post ID: #

Mitt Romney & Mormon Church Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

He seems to have double standards and the feedback I am getting from reading on the net is that he is not a winner as most want to know you stand by a view and not change it under pressure.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (26) »

> TOPIC: Mitt Romney & The Mormon Church

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,