Help To Stop Using Cocaine - Page 2 of 3

Name: Djratboy Comments: I'm sorry, - Page 2 - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 4th Feb, 2009 - 10:45am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Cocaine Abuse Video - Warning contains blood and gore. If you are still having trouble giving up your cocaine addiction then you should look at this Ad. You may just wake up before it is too late!
16th Nov, 2006 - 7:11pm / Post ID: #

Help To Stop Using Cocaine - Page 2

but the Thread is about the video in the first message and the possible impact it can have on the Drug user or potential Drug user,

I would highly recommend this commercial for anyone who is hooked into drugs. It's very graphic but if it helps someone into the first step of quitting drugs, I am all for it.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Feb, 2007 - 6:12am / Post ID: #

Help To Stop Using Cocaine
A Friend

Cocaine Stop Help

This will not stop anyone that can think for themselves from doing drugs. Propaganda works only for people that can't think for themselves.

It does NOT show what happens to you when you do drugs. It does NOT contain any factual information whatsoever.

I know that when I was heavy into doing drugs, I lifted MY lid every night. How ridiculously stupid it is for anyone to think that this will deter someone from doing drugs.

Here's a fact. People do drugs because it makes them feel GOOD. It may be "false" feelings, but they are feelings nonetheless. Chop that up and snort it.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please check over your spelling using the built-in Spell Checker before posting your message. Do not use deity in your writings.

27th Feb, 2007 - 12:54pm / Post ID: #

Help To Stop Using Cocaine Health & Special Psychology

QUOTE (paindruid)
How ridiculously stupid it is for anyone to think that this will deter someone from doing drugs.

Your reply is both full of opinionated responses and seemingly resentment. If you feel that marketing does not work on you does not mean it can't work on anyone. If something works for one person out of one hundred then it worked. The purposes of this ad is to bring a graphic reality to how as you put it "ridiculously stupid it is for anyone" who is using drugs to continue!

As Vincenzo mentioned, it will especially work on someone who is considering to start using drugs and this shows how "ridiculously stupid" it is to do so.

Try to evaluate your response and add "In my opinion..." next time.

27th Feb, 2007 - 1:35pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Cocaine Stop Help

Paindruid said:

This will not stop anyone that can think for themselves from doing drugs.

So because it did not work in your case and probably in some few people you have met, it cannot work on anyone else? I do not know if you know this, but you are not the measuring stick of this issue. spock.gif

Rather off topic, but...
Here's a fact. People do drugs because it makes them feel GOOD.

People do drugs because they have issues. People do drugs because they have low levels of self-esteem. The "good" feeling is just a small part, nevertheless it is NOT the real reason people use drugs. I added some of my thoughts on the thread "Why they abuse substances".

27th Feb, 2007 - 2:20pm / Post ID: #

Cocaine Stop Help

I must admit it was gruesome video. I think it would be most effective against people who are just starting to think about using cocaine. I am unsure how much it would hit some one with a full blown addiction as they have the "blinders on" and mostly would be thinking well hey thats not me I am not that bad and I can quit when I want.

If the user is thinking about stopping it would help give a positive push and I am sure it would hit the odd heavy user. Not being a councilor or any real training in the area these are just my opinions based on how I felt when I stopped drinking and smoking. Please keep in mind those addictions are not as strong as cocaine or crack addicts I realize.

Best part of that video is it would hit the younger people in pre and early teens ! That I think is very good and is why videos like that need to be aired! Fear is a good deterrent

Post Date: 9th Jan, 2009 - 2:37am / Post ID: #

Help To Stop Using Cocaine

Name: Abbie

Comments: DRUGS, If you have not gone through it who are you to judge someone else? Yes people have issue and thats why they resort to drugs, but does any one stop and wonder what issues? No off course not your ALL quit to judge. If you have not been in that situation then how do you know anything? You don't. So don' sit their and belittle other. You have no right AT ALL DO DO SO. I hate people who are quick to judge and don't know the "ISSUES" we have. We all learn through trial and error. We are human.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Jan, 2009 - 3:45pm / Post ID: #

Help Stop Cocaine - Page 2

Abbie you are right you are not to be judged fro your addiction nor the cause for it. I do know a bit about addictions and have helped others though theirs as well. I still struggle with some issues but I get stronger each day.

Your response seems very convicted emotional hurt and I ponder are you or a dear one struggling now? If so I hope the one with the addiction can find that spot in their heart that will allow then to have a deep desire for freedom of that addiction. I pray that the right person will be there to stand beside them as they fight to their freedom. A long slippery slope it is. A assent well worth all the pain it takes to get there, healing I found is very painful and full of tears and often deep hatred. The causes for the addiction needs to be tended to so the physical can be tended to.

Post Date: 4th Feb, 2009 - 10:45am / Post ID: #

Help Stop Cocaine Psychology Special & Health - Page 2

Name: Djratboy

Comments: I'm sorry, but the ad did not convince me to stop using. Yes, I understand that all drugs damage the brain in some way. Yet I feel that the ad would have been more effective if you could actually show someone feeling the paranoia and the different phases that the addict goes through. I dont believe that actors can portray realistic addicts. You have to see one for yourself, and if young people are considering using cocaine, or other drugs, they should actually be able to witness the effects, rather than be 'told' what to think. I used lsd, then I saw someone on it when I was straight, and it was horrific, I have been a drug user for a long time now, but I think if young people were not shown drug awareness films and actually saw real people on drugs, whatever they may be, they would think twice.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Help To Stop Using Cocaine

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,