LDS Mature Section Requirements & Reviews - Page 3 of 8

QUOTE (Quasar)Could I do the 18 dollar one - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 24th Aug, 2008 - 12:59am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »
Mormon Mature
Review - Is getting access to the LDS Mature section worth fulfilling the requirements? Find out what those who have LDS Mature status are saying about the LDS Mature Board. Topics that are too sensitive for the Public LDS Board are ONLY Discussed in the LDS Mature Board.
21st Feb, 2008 - 11:38pm / Post ID: #

LDS Mature Section Requirements & Reviews - Page 3

There are so many available, try to choose some that won't be too revealing. I don't think is worth the discussion IF we are discussing something that we know is sacred. A line should be drawn.

Sponsored Links:
27th Feb, 2008 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

Reviews and Requirements Section Mature LDS

What is the matter, is the Doctrine here to deep for you

Not necessarily,
I have a strong desire to learn from others, while maintaining (right or wrong) certain limits on my discussion of certain topics. I do not know yet where my personal "line" of what I am comfortable discussing. Does that make sense?

I have had some very personal experiences that have caused me to have a strong and unwavering faith in the mission of the Church and in the fact that I believe that the Savior leads this Church. I hope that I can be more open in the future as I learn to trust those within this Forum and would hope that I can gain the trust of others.

I believe that many Members want to discuss deep topics but are each willing to go to a certain point. I suppose that the relationships within this community can be like any other, where individuals want to express opinions, but have certain things that will remain unsaid, until they grow more and more comfortable with those who are taking part.

That being said, I am very comfortable discussing pretty much any topic and have felt a kinship to those who are in this forum. I just feel inadequate at times explaining my own views, and do not want to reveal my own ignorance.

I guess I am sympathetic at times to Mark Twain's words when he said:

It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

28th Feb, 2008 - 12:56am / Post ID: #

LDS Mature Section Requirements & Reviews Studies Doctrine Mormon

I understand the need to not be public on every thought and issue of spirituality, however there are many who have joined here who do not even say "boo" to one Thread. I mean what would be the purpose of reading if you cannot verify what is being said without inputing your own thoughts? I think the Gospel breeds excitement really, in it's climatic state it causes you to speak up and out, that is what makes one a missionary. I guess it is something that has to come natural.

Post Date: 7th May, 2008 - 10:55pm / Post ID: #

LDS Mature Section Requirements & Reviews
A Friend

Page 3 Reviews and Requirements Section Mature LDS

QUOTE (JB @ 1-Nov 06, 11:02 AM)
LDS Mature Section
...the requirements for entry are:

1. You are an LDS Member
2. You are posting regular in the regular LDS Boards and have shown that you have a sound understanding of the Gospel
3. You are an Upgraded Member --> Donate Now.
4. I believe you are 'mature' enough to see the information therein.

1. What indication do we give to show that we are a member of the church? I think a scan of a current temple recommend is a good start.
2. Since I just started today, what's a reasonable time period for me to continue before I get to that point? Personally, (and I'm serious about this) there should be a short questionnaire that a member here should need to fill out to show they have a sound understanding of the Gospel.
3. What's the donation cost for this?
4. This is certainly reasonable.

Here are some possible questions to determine whether someone has a sound understanding of the Gospel. If they get less than 75% correct, then they wouldn't qualify...

A. What is the Great Apostasy?
B. What is the Nicene Creed?
C. Describe what it means to be saved by Grace and Works.
D. Was polygamy permanently banned by the church?
E. Was it necessary for Jesus to be baptized?
F. If Joseph Smith had not followed God's will, would there still have been a Restoration?
G. Which prayers need to be said verbatim?
H. Approximately how many church members are there on the earth?
I. Did Jesus visit the spirits in Spirit Prison?
J. Will members of other churches in this life not qualify for the Celestial Kingdom?
K. What's the difference between the Trinity concept and the Godhead?
L. What are the first principles and ordinances of the Gospel?
M. Who was Mormon's son?
N. Is abortion a sin?
O. Is the Word of Wisdom a commandment?
P. How many prophets are on the earth now?

Not only would this show their level of understanding, but to those who aren't serious about it, they probably wouldn't bother going through all the questions.

7th May, 2008 - 11:12pm / Post ID: #

Reviews and Requirements Section Mature LDS

Those are some well thought out questions:

1. That is hard to tell, usually people come here by referral or you can tell from the 'tone' of their post
2. You seem active already
3. Compare page: See Here

As for the other items, believe me we get a lot of people professing knowledge of that and more and yet act like anti-Mormons, so now we just gather seriousness by their willingness to donate. I appreciate your inquiry.

13th Jun, 2008 - 6:26am / Post ID: #

I suppose the main reason I am not posting much -yet- in some of the threads (usually the deeper topics) is that I first want to read through what has been said. I want to have a good grasp on where the conversation is going. Then I need to ponder it out in my own mind and come to an understanding of where I really stand on the topic. Some topics this takes about 30 seconds, others I am still working on. I also am the kind of person that will want to read more on a subject, see what the Prophet, GA's & other authorities have said, check the scriptures etc. to make sure what I think is correct and also so I don't end up sounding the fool.
One problem with this is that I have always had an excessive thirst for knowledge so as I start delving deeper into a subject looking for answers I can get sidetracked reading the information I am finding. But trust that I will get back to the topic at hand eventually and post my thoughts in the thread once they have solidified.

Reconcile Edited: alskann on 13th Jun, 2008 - 6:27am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Aug, 2008 - 12:44am / Post ID: #

A Friend

LDS Mature Section Requirements & Reviews - Page 3

So if I made a "Donation", which is fine. And posted a few posts that would be judged to be mature, then I could get on the deep doctrine sight?

Actually I would just like to make a donation.

Don't really want to write a 100 posts on mormon basics. I have read a few and they are insightful, but I get that all the time.

Don't get me wrong I am always learning from basics and will probably post there, but that is not what I am interested from this site.

Could I do the 18 dollar one now; and if it peaked my interest enough; could I pay the other 15 later to get into the Mature section?

24th Aug, 2008 - 12:59am / Post ID: #

LDS Mature Section Requirements & Reviews Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

QUOTE (Quasar)
Could I do the 18 dollar one now; and if it peaked my interest enough; could I pay the other 15 later to get into the Mature section?

Thanks for considering us for a donation. You only need to donate towards a Premium account to fulfill that requirement of getting access to the LDS Mature section, however if you are interested in getting a Premium Plus account for more features then you can do so later as long as it is within a month. You may also wish to check your Intro Thread for replies and tips there.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (8) »

> TOPIC: LDS Mature Section Requirements & Reviews

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,