LDS Mature Section Requirements & Reviews - Page 4 of 8

AlaskanLDS, nothing has been decided as yet - Page 4 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 17th Oct, 2008 - 4:50am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Mormon Mature
Review - Is getting access to the LDS Mature section worth fulfilling the requirements? Find out what those who have LDS Mature status are saying about the LDS Mature Board. Topics that are too sensitive for the Public LDS Board are ONLY Discussed in the LDS Mature Board.
Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2008 - 8:12pm / Post ID: #

LDS Mature Section Requirements & Reviews
A Friend

LDS Mature Section Requirements & Reviews - Page 4

When I was first exploring this forum I was attracted to the Deep Doctrine board because of the variety of subjects and view points. I found out that other topics existed in the Mature forum which interested me and was somewhat disgruntled to find that I was required to pay for access to it.

I did not pay for access and continued to enjoy the free benefits of the forum for some time. When I had decided that I enjoyed the service and wanted to see it continue, I was ready to donate. I still did not donate as I wanted to get through the topics of interest in the free area first. However, I did not finish combing through these topics before deciding to give my donation and upgrade to the Mature forum.

After reading the content in the mature forum, I understood why it was separated. It is a Holy of Holies in regards to the forum. In it we are able to share personal experiences, questions and insights that we would not normally feel comfortable discussing. It is meant to be sanctuary for personal beliefs, experiences and other sacred pearls to be shared only in a non-judgmental atmosphere. I totally agree that for such a place which enables people to comfortably share their deepest parts to exist there be a maturity level demonstrated prior to being permitted to join.

Other things which are discussed are doctrinal questions which have or could challenge testimony. I would not suggest visiting the Mature forum unless you are not an honest seeker of truth or have a firm testimony of the gospel. Even so, if you like this forum and use its services I encourage you to "vote with you $" by sending in a donation. This is a great virtual meeting place and difficult to find on the internet where the moderators do not limit discussion or influence doctrine to their own understanding. They do not limit but encourage free thought and accept challenges. It is worth supporting in my opinion regardless of receiving access to the mature areas. If paying tithing/supporting the church financially is a requirement to attend the temple and receive it's essential information & ordinances, then the Mature Forum is without a doubt worth financially supporting before receiving access. (Same principle)

Sponsored Links:
15th Oct, 2008 - 1:38pm / Post ID: #

Reviews and Requirements Section Mature LDS

New Rules About This Section

You know what, I think that based on Amonhi, and others similar to him we may need to start making something extra to qualify someone for Mature LDS status. Maybe some kind of detailed survey or questions need to be asked, like an automated form that check how you answer certain questions and if the answers are wrong you are rejected.

For instance... a possible question could be:

"Will your participation involve anything that will teach a person not to follow the precepts / teachings of the Church?"

"Do you plan to participate or just leech information?'

What are your thoughts?

15th Oct, 2008 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #

LDS Mature Section Requirements & Reviews Studies Doctrine Mormon

I don't think it will work because according to people like Amonhi and many others, they think they DO teach to follow Christ. So if Amonhi would answer that first question he would say no! I will not teach such a thing here! But their underline message will be a completely different story.

15th Oct, 2008 - 5:15pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Reviews and Requirements Section Mature LDS

That is just it, it would be worded in such a way to tally the score, it they did not answer truthfully then they would not be let in. Also, the results of them answer could be posted within this Board so if they started to share weird stuff we could refer back to it. In fact, it would be easier to detect a lie in them if we had it as a reference point.

15th Oct, 2008 - 7:25pm / Post ID: #

Reviews and Requirements Section Mature LDS

I think if we focused the questions on the essential core doctrines of the Church( as it is possible that we are going to disagree on some of the minor points of doctrine) then this might weed out people who may be wolves in sheeps clothing.

Some possible questions:
Do you think that Jesus Christ is the redeemer of the World and that only through him can one return to God?

Do you believe that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the Church that God has set up in these last days to bring people to Christ and that their is no other Church or organization that has the keys and ordinances to to so?

Do you have a desire to improve who you are by, becoming more like Christ (even if there are times that you do not feel that you are making any progress)?

Do you believe that the Doctrines and teachings of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints are in accordance with the will and mind of God?

Do you believe the Book of Mormon to be the Word of God?

I think that most members could answer yes to all of these questions and it might be a good barometer to base continuing participation in the Mature LDS Board.

16th Oct, 2008 - 11:52am / Post ID: #

LDS Mature Section Requirements & Reviews

Good suggestions. I think we will see the "issues" by the way they reply. Usually wolves in sheep clothing (such as Amonhi) have a way to write that they just cannot help themselves. Usually have a *need* to "preach" others, to write long discourses with LOT of opinion disguised as doctrine and they cannot answer "yes" or "no" to direct questions so I think we will be safe by asking some questions and analyzing these answers.

I think after seeing the amount of antis and false prophets that have passed through this forum and the ones that still trying to infiltrate, we have more than enough experience to recognize them.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
17th Oct, 2008 - 4:32am / Post ID: #

LDS Mature Section Requirements & Reviews - Page 4

QUOTE (JB @ 15-Oct 08, 5:38 AM)
New Rules About This Section

For instance... a possible question could be:

"Do you plan to participate or just leech information?'

What are your thoughts?

Are you talking about people who pay to join and just read the information and not reply? I don't understand the leeching idea, is it the downloads and such? I ask because I will probably be one of those who does mostly reading and not replying for awhile at least. Will there be a fee to pay to just read so those of us who want to learn can still do so.

This whole situation is still a bit too close to home for me to write much about, but I did want to say that I think if you start questioning people from the beginning it may go either way.

One--you will either find something wrong with them and they will be gone or Two-they can lie and tell you whatever they want you to think. Then they can write until something like Amonhi happens, where it blows up.

As far as asking questions to "discern" who can be in this area, I think that with all the many people here and the different ways we learn the gospel, it is important not to shut out too many, perhaps they are the ones that are here to learn. What turned out to be a complete nightmare for you, gave my friend and I things to ponder that changed our lives when the Spirit bore witness to the things we needed.

I truly wish you all peace, including Amonhi, no matter what he is or isn't.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use the Offtopic Tags so that the Thread maintains the SAME subject matter and does not develop into another Topic. See Constructive Posting Policy. Additionally, do not reply to Posts just to say "thanks", this is outlined in the stated Policy.

Reconcile Edited: AlaskanLDS on 17th Oct, 2008 - 5:25am

17th Oct, 2008 - 4:50am / Post ID: #

LDS Mature Section Requirements & Reviews Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 4

AlaskanLDS, nothing has been decided as yet as to what rules or procedures we will be implementing in the near future, we still gathering information.

Thanks for your input.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

> TOPIC: LDS Mature Section Requirements & Reviews

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,