Aluminium Smelters In Trinidad - Page 2 of 3

I really don't know why all these - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 14th Jun, 2009 - 11:40pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Smelter
30th May, 2009 - 12:05am / Post ID: #

Aluminium Smelters In Trinidad - Page 2

I read that some of these residents are going through a series of cancer check-up before the construction of the smelter, they will continue to do so DURING the construction and AFTER. I can only shake my head in disbelief.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Jun, 2009 - 2:24pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Trinidad Smelters Aluminium

New protest action stalls smelter work again

A fresh wave of protest action by La Brea residents trying to force the State to give them the homes they want in exchange for relocation, stalled construction work on the Alutrint aluminium smelter again yesterday. Ref. Source 2

Post Date: 4th Jun, 2009 - 10:59am / Post ID: #

Aluminium Smelters In Trinidad Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Alutrint's chinese labour Connection

The Alutrint smelter plant, now in its early construction phase, will employ local people on a limited basis. This was a condition included in the agreement between China's EXIM bank and the Government of Trinidad and Tobago when both parties signed off on the final tranche of a US$400 million loan on May 4 at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Port of Spain. Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 7th Jun, 2009 - 7:07pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Trinidad Smelters Aluminium

Name: Smeltusnot

Comments: Sorry, we cannot let our future be taken from us by this gov. We will use ANY means and force necessary to eliminate such a venture for us and the children!

Post Date: 9th Jun, 2009 - 11:21am / Post ID: #

Trinidad Smelters Aluminium

Activists eager to greet PM at Alutrint

When Prime Minister Patrick Manning attends the official unveiling ceremony of a power plant to supply Alutrint's aluminium smelter at La Brea tomorrow, he can expect a greeting from protesting anti-smelter activists and disgruntled residents. Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 13th Jun, 2009 - 3:36pm / Post ID: #

Aluminium Smelters In Trinidad

Residents: Smelter work shaking us out of bed

The builders of the Alutrint aluminium smelter were faced with another obstacle yesterday-residents angered that heavy construction work was shaking them out of bed. Ref. Source 2

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 14th Jun, 2009 - 9:40pm / Post ID: #

Aluminium Smelters Trinidad - Page 2

Smeltering questions

It is difficult if not impossible to determine the exact status of the Alutrint smelter development. Many opponents put it in the same uncertain state as the Mittal steel plant at Claxton Bay. On the other hand the message coming from the company is that it is going ahead as planned and the Government's position is that it will be the only shareholder but that the project will be funded by the Chinese Government. Ref. Source 1

14th Jun, 2009 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

Aluminium Smelters Trinidad Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 2

I really don't know why all these discussions about the smelter because in the end, the government will do their thing and do it regardless of what people think.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Aluminium Smelters In Trinidad

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,