Tattoos: A Sin In Islam - Page 3 of 6

Bismillah I will continue Insh a Allah (Allah - Page 3 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 18th Sep, 2009 - 10:50am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Muslim Tattoo
Body Identification
Post Date: 25th Feb, 2009 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

Tattoos: A Sin In Islam
A Friend

Tattoos: A Sin In Islam - Page 3

They say tattoos prevent the water from touching the skin during wudu'? What logic is that when (water) the pigment that is coloured is in the skin with or without tattoos its still not going to go in , and about men cannot look ,wear jeweleries and anything that will make them look good I think then they should stop wearing clothes also.. They should all be wearing one simple type of dress without colour so it doesn't look fancy.
what if a person has already gotten his tattoo? For the rest of his life he cant pray? Who are you people to judge that , as far as I know only god knows and has the right to judge this matter, for me all that matters is with clear heart you pray to god , never mean any harm to others and always do good and insshaallah , ALLAH S.A.W will accept you.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please use uppercase letters as appropriate: names, start of sentence, etc. See Constructive Posting Policy.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Mar, 2009 - 5:11am / Post ID: #

Islam Sin Tattoos

Name: yeniseri

Comments: Tariq said

I'm a Muslim United States Marine and I am a moderate practicing Muslim. I do have a question,however, my unit unofficially requires me to get the marine corps ensigna on my bicep with my unit,etc. Is this permissible?

It depends on what your unit does, its location (CONUS or Ex-US) but in my day Marines were told they could not wear tattoos. If it was small enough, OK and out of sight!
Nowadays it seems anything goes with the Corps on stuff like that. It was more serious in my day circa 1976-1982!
I was with 1stMAW and 4thMArDiv when they moved south!

If you are blending in with the locals and you have a big tattoo that a C130 can see form 30 miles up, then it is too GDbig! I exaggerate but for Ex-US, you are a target!
Semper Fi

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2009 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #

Tattoos: A Sin In Islam Islam Studies

Name: Mohammed

Comments: Tattoos are haram their is a hadeth on the prophet (saw) said allah curses the one who has a tattoo and the one who makes it period. And everyone in this room did something very haram. You all said your opinions but you have no proof of what your saying what you all just did was an act of kufr to "guess" if you don't know shut your mouth and don't guess.

Rather off topic, but...
Besides the marine that was asking you have a much more serious problem to worry about. Your with a military thats killing Muslims. Fear allah and leave the marines before you die fighting Muslims. Allahs says in the quran in surat an nisa If a man kills a believer intentionally, his recompense is Hell, to abide therein (For ever): And the wrath and the curse of Allah are upon him, and a dreadful penalty is prepared for him. Salamz

Post Date: 15th Jul, 2009 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Islam Sin Tattoos

Name: Hakim

Comments: I'm a Muslim from New Jersey and would like to have

"Allah, please have mercy on my soul"
in Arabic. Is this a sin?

Post Date: 30th Jul, 2009 - 10:08pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Islam Sin Tattoos

My dear friend mohammad who are you to say that what we say is haram? what you said , did you produce proof ? That means you also did sumthing haram? So explain to me what is wrong in having tattoos. Since your the wise guy here. Dont tell me that its an act that makes a person look fancier or nicer and that is haram, give me a good reason. And by telling someone to leave the marines have you looked in the other way, muslims are killing muslims, see pakistan my best example . So please dont be so narrow minded think alil out of the jar. He maybe working in the marine to support his family, didnt islam tell us family is everything, maybe he is working to support his mother (maybe) and we are tought in islam there is nothing more bigger than our mothers in this world as they say heaven lies beneth her feet. so my friens please dont judge people as it is the biggest sin in this world, he ALLAH S.W.T is the judge of all judge and let him decide.

shameer khan

LDS_forever: There is no need to quote the whole text of the person you wish to address. Also please ensure you use capital letters when appropriate. Thanks.

Post Date: 15th Sep, 2009 - 4:28pm / Post ID: #

Name: Musse

Comments: I agree with Mohammed, one brother above posted the hadith that notes that tatto is haram. Khan85 , you're being illogical. Yes Allah (swt) is the only ruler and judge but Allah has given us the Qur'an and sent us Prophet Mohammed (saws) to tell us what's wrong and right. I can't drink alcohol day and night and when people tell me not to I'll say. " don't judge me only Allah can!".. No, they're not judging one they're trying to help one as any good Muslim is supposed to do. As Allah says in the Qur'an Chapter 3 verse 110

"Ye are the best of peoples, evolved for mankind, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in Allah. If only the People of the Book had faith it were best for them; among them are some who have faith, but most of them are perverted transgressors."

So people please don't ignore advices cause of you pride, seek your answers in the Quran and act according the Prophets (saws) Sunna. And as far as I know The Prophet (saws) didn't have any tattoos so why should you?

And 'bout the Muslims in Pakistan or elsewhere killing one and another doesn't mean that these Muslims are justified in their action.

May Allah guides us all to the right path and forgive us our sins.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 16th Sep, 2009 - 8:37pm / Post ID: #

Tattoos Sin Islam - Page 3

Name: Muslimah

Comments: Bismillah (In the Name of Allah)

as salam alykom all (Peace be upon you)
Actually, I m active on another board and [JB] joined and requested if some Muslims would like to take part in replying here to Islam related topics.

When we need to introduce the Islamic perspective on an issue, we need to do so in a systematic manner. In other words, bring the relevant Ayahs of Quran, and Hadeeth (traditions of the Messenger blessing and peace be upon him)
In this context, Allah Sobhahuh wa Ta`ala (may Allah Be Glorified)say in Quran 4:119:

"Verily, I will mislead them, and surely, I will arouse in them false desires; and certainly, I will order them to slit the ears of cattle, and indeed I will order them to change the nature created by Allah." And whoever takes Shaytaan (Satan) as a Protector instead of Allah, has surely suffered a manifest loss."

This Ayah indicates that Satan inspires human beings to do several things, of them, to change how Allah Created them. This change, although is widely ranged, includes Tatoo.

This ruling is further detailed in Hadeeth: (Praise be to Allah, I m a native Arabic speaker, so I will translate the Hadeeth myself):

سنن النسائي بتاريخ 13/11/1418هـ في باب : لعن الواشمة والموتشمة في حديث ابن عمر رضي الله عنهما قال :" لعن رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم الواصلة والموتَصِلة والواشمة والموتَشِمة " .

Reported by Nassai
Narrated under the authority of Ibn Omar may Allah Be Pleased with both of them that he said:
"The Messenger of Allah blessing and peace be upon him cursed the woman who connects hair to other women, the woman who seeks someone to connect hair to her hair, the professional woman of making tatoo and the woman who seeks services of others to make tatoos".

Now one may wonder why? Allah Sobhanhu wa ta`la Does not forbid us something that brings good to us. Please note that the hadeeth is very strict. Something that produces curse, means that it is grave and one should totally refrain from it.

Insh a Allah in the next post, I will search for a research that had been conducted on the threats resulting from tatoo.

Insh a Allah I helped.

Source 1: www.quran.nu

Alhamdulelah (Praise be to Allah), Allah Made my task very easy, was expecting longer time and tonight is a very special night in Ramadan, I want to make utmost benefit.

Source 1

Long report, but worth reading, published by:
EUROPEAN COMMISSION
DIRECTORATE GENERAL JRC
JOINT RESEARCH CENTRE
Institute for Health and Consumer Protection
Physical and Chemical Exposure Unit

A totally non Muslim source. However, proving that Allah Does not forbid us but what is harmful, threatening and risky to our lives which is actually highly appreciated in Islam. The human life to Allah Is crucial. And I will leave u with the report then add more Insh a Allah.

Rather off topic, but...
Thank you for the mod for approving the post. Insh a Allah will make your life easier and register but not this evening.

Source 1: Eurpoean Commission

Persephone: Please use quote tags for all quoted sources.

Original submission updated. Please keep it to one submission.

Post Date: 18th Sep, 2009 - 10:50am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Tattoos Sin Islam Studies Islam - Page 3

Bismillah
I will continue Insh a Allah (Allah Wills) after finally registering.

Now having explained as above introducing how Tatoos is strictly forbidden in Islam based on Quran and hadeeth coupled with recent researches from non Muslim sources showing the risks and threats associated therein. I can assume someone who argues this is my body and if I want to do it and jeopardise my life, so what?

I will focus on the core of interest here lest I get offtopic. It is not your body, this is Allah's creation and it belongs to Allah. Allah Allowed us usage and commanded us to properly maintain it against potential harm. I mean we are not to intentionally bring harm to ourselves. Certainly, we might be inflicted with diseases and illnesses. But we should not do that intentionally, and if we do, we are held accountable and shall be questioned. For example, Allah Commands us in Quran not to jeopardise ourselves by being exposed to threatening situation:

"And spend in the Cause of Allah and do not throw yourselves into destruction, and do good. Truly, Allah loves the good-doers. (Quran 2:195)"

And according to hadeeth:

"أخرج البخاري و مسلم عن أسامة بن زيد رضي الله عنهما أن النبي صلى الله عليه و سلم قال : ( إن الطاعون رجز على من كان قبلكم أو على بني إسرائيل فإذا كان بأرض فلا تخرجوا منها فراراً منه ، و إذا كان بأرض فلا تدخلوها ) .
Narrated under the authority of Usama Bin Zaid may Allah be Pleased with both of them that the Prophet blessing and peace be upon him said: (plague is punishment that befell those who were before you, or the children of Israel, if it inflicts a land, do not leave it to run away from plague, and if it inflicts a land, do not enter it)
Reported by Bukhari"

Obviously, this is the quarantine rule.

The above mentioned Quran Ayah and hadeeth clearly shows how important it is to save lives, protect health, and refrain from life threatening positions or causations.

Persephone: Please use the Quote Tags here. When you do not use these tags source material that is not your own may appear to be yours when it is not. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Tattoos: A Sin In Islam

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,