Tattoos: A Sin In Islam - Page 5 of 6

I'm not Muslim or anything but if - Page 5 - Studies of Islam - Posted: 18th Mar, 2012 - 11:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Muslim Tattoo
Body Identification
Post Date: 18th May, 2010 - 10:48am / Post ID: #

Tattoos: A Sin In Islam - Page 5

Name: Impaler

Comments: Tattoos are forbidden in islam... This is a fact. We Muslim follow the quran, this is the only authority that all schools of islam must be following. In Qur'an chapter 4 verse 119 it is forbidden.
There is a sahih hadith (narration) from the Prophet that also forbids tatoos(al-Bukhaari, al-Libaas, 5587; Muslim, al-Libaas, 5538).

So, my brothers and Sisters.... In islam tattooing is a sin.

Source 1: Qur'aan
Source 2: al-Bukhaari

Sponsored Links:
18th May, 2010 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #

Islam Sin Tattoos

Sorry but that's the thing about Islam that confuses me. There are so many branches (I suppose like Christianity) that you really don't know which is their "official" position, in this case on tattoos.

Post Date: 18th Sep, 2010 - 3:52pm / Post ID: #

Tattoos: A Sin In Islam Islam Studies

Name: Kat

Comments: I have a question. OK, so it's pretty clear that tattoos are forbidden because they alter the way God made us, and also because they cause intentional "injury" to the body, both things being "Haraam". So, can someone please explain to me why it is that in Islam, females are permitted to get their ears pierced? Isn't that act also permanently changing our bodies and causing intentional injury to the body? I read somewhere that we can have pierced earlobes as earrings may be a part of our "dowry" when we marry, but this seemed quite hypocritical and contradictory to me as it is still changing and injuring the body, exactly the same as tattoos do. And yes, the earring holes are almost always permanent too, just like a tattoo. I look forward to a good explanation, thanks.

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2011 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Islam Sin Tattoos

Name: Moe

Comments: There is nothing in the Quran that states tattoos are forbidden. Books written by Muslim scholars tend to have mistakes; this is because it's individual interpretations of the Quran. Some of these books even state a wife should be ready three times a day, to sexually please her husband? Others say that women will be doomed to hell if they go outside the house and make a living. Islam is being grossly miss interpreted by individuals who mix their culture with Islam; Islamic fundamentalist are a prime example.

People should stop using religion to justify the fact that their culture forbids tattoos - not Islam. Muslims need to follow the teachings of the Quran and the five principles of Islam. Anything outside this is just biased peoples opinion.

Post Date: 5th Sep, 2011 - 9:36am / Post ID: #

Islam Sin Tattoos

Name: Islam

Comments: [Getting a] tattoo is unlawful in Islam, no matter what anyone thinks or says about it, God permits unlawful things in the time of necessity that is the flexibility of Islam from the principle of eating unlawful dead meat at dead point etc.

Post Date: 28th Nov, 2011 - 12:58pm / Post ID: #

Tattoos: A Sin In Islam

Name: Maaruf

Comments: If you get a tattoo for a reason, God won't hold that against you, like Darius said in Iran they do it to I identify them selves, that is a reason. But if not it is a great Sin to have tattoos, because it shows that you don't appreciate the way Almighty Allah created you.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Mar, 2012 - 11:44pm / Post ID: #

Tattoos Sin Islam - Page 5

Name: Sophie

Comments: I have 2 tattoos and they are very meaningful to me... I have [been] told that I will rot in hell for displaying them but surely my faith and Imaan is within my heart?

I am scared about the tattoos I have... I am a Muslim, I don't want to be seen as anything other. Can anyone give me sum advise?

18th Mar, 2012 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

Tattoos Sin Islam Studies Islam - Page 5

I'm not Muslim or anything but if your religion is making you so scared about it then you can go get tattoo laser removal to take it off. Why did you get it in the first place?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Tattoos: A Sin In Islam

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,