Glenn Beck & Mormons - Page 16 of 20

I thought you would provide quotes and sources, - Page 16 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th Sep, 2010 - 1:27pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 20 pgs.  12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 

TV / Radio Host shares testimony and conversion.
30th Aug, 2010 - 12:36pm / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons - Page 16

I didn't say it. He did and he is right (about his mouth) however, I wish he could keep his membership a secret or hidden once in a while!

international QUOTE
Radio and TV host Glenn Beck said Sunday he doesn't want to retract his controversial charge last year that President Obama is racist, but does want to amend it since reading more about "liberation theology."

"I have a big fat mouth sometimes and I say things, and that's not the way people should behave," Beck said, adding that he regrets saying a year ago that Obama has a "deep-seated hatred for white people" because it's not accurate.

"I didn't understand, really, his theology," Beck a Fox News host, told "Fox News Sunday." "I think that it is much more of a theological question that he is a guy who understands the world through liberation theology, which is oppressor and victim."

Beck described liberation theology, which teaches that salvation for the individual is dependent on salvation for the collective through economic and social justice, as the message that was preached by Obama's ex-pastor, Rev. Jeremiah Wright.

"I'm not judging (Obama) for that," he said. "I'm not demonizing it. I disagree with it." 

Beck, who is Mormon, said most Christians don't believe in liberation theology.

"That is a direct opposite of what the gospel is talking about," said Beck."It's Marxism disguised as religion."

Source 7

I am starting to think he keeps saying all these controversial stuff just to be in the headlines...If so, it's quite pathetic.

Sponsored Links:
31st Aug, 2010 - 2:35am / Post ID: #

Mormons and Beck Glenn

I don't really care for Glenn Beck. I think he's annoying and his radio "talk show" is all about hitting people with the latest rumors - and rumors of rumors. It's all inflammatory rhetoric and sophomoric jokes. The fact that he now has a "talk show" on TV is one more reason I'm glad we no longer have cable in our home. smile.gif

Post Date: 4th Sep, 2010 - 6:24am / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons
A Friend

Glenn Beck & Mormons Studies Doctrine Mormon

I know I might get some flack for this one, but I'm going to post them anyway. wink.gif You decide if these apply to Glenn Beck or not.

international QUOTE
"Whenever a preacher is popular in the midst of a wicked generation, or a man is popular who professes to be a minister of truth, you may set it down as a certain fact that that man does not preach the truth as it exists in Christ. There is no disputing this, if this book (the Bible) be true; if there is any reliance to be placed in the word of God. As true as there is a God, and as true as there is a devil, the man that preaches the truth to a wicked generation will bring about the hatred of which I have read in your hearing. This is just as true as that God lives and that there is evil to combat, or that Satan has power over the hearts of the children of men."
George Q. Cannon JD 20:334 Oct 6th, 1879

international QUOTE
Popular Teachers and the Potential of Priestcraft

Another illustration of a strength that can become our downfall concerns charismatic teachers. With a trained mind and a skillful manner of presentation, teachers can become unusually popular and effective in teaching. But Satan will try to use that strength to corrupt teachers by encouraging them to gather a following of disciples. A Church teacher, Church Educational System instructor, or Latter-day Saint university professor who gathers such a following and does this "for the sake of riches and honor" (Alma 1:16) is guilty of priestcraft. "Priestcrafts are that men preach and set themselves up for a light unto the world, that they may get gain and praise of the world; but they seek not the welfare of Zion" (2 Ne. 26:29).

Teachers who are most popular, and therefore most effective, have a special susceptibility to priestcraft. If they are not careful, their strength can become their spiritual downfall. They can become like Almon Babbitt, with whom the Lord was not pleased, because "he aspireth to establish his counsel instead of the counsel which I have ordained, even that of the Presidency of my Church; and he setteth up a golden calf for the worship of my people" (D&C 124:84).

Dallin H. Oaks, "Our Strengths Can Become Our Downfall," Liahona, May 1995, 10

Reconcile Edited: DonQuijote on 4th Sep, 2010 - 6:47am

4th Sep, 2010 - 3:53pm / Post ID: #

Page 16 Mormons and Beck Glenn

In my opinion, that doesn't apply to Beck. He's not preaching religion or speaking on behalf of the church - he's generally political. And yes, he is doing what he's doing to "get gain." Everyone has to make a living somehow.

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2010 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons
A Friend

Mormons and Beck Glenn

That does not apply to Beck for two reasons. Reason 1: Half of the time he doesn't tell the truth and Reason 2: He is practicing priestcraft because he gets alot of gain from what he does. He also tries to intertwine religion with politics which most of the time never mesh together very well.

8th Sep, 2010 - 12:20am / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons

international QUOTE (SCMormon)
1: Half of the time he doesn't tell the truth and Reason 2: He is practicing priestcraft...

Those a pretty strong conclusions. Do you have specific examples other than your opinion?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Sep, 2010 - 4:13am / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons
A Friend

Glenn Beck & Mormons - Page 16

Well I think calling Obama a Nazi is just a bare faced lie. He also seems to me to have all of the answers to a very complicated political system and if that is not setting himself up as a light unto the world I don't know what is.

8th Sep, 2010 - 1:27pm / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 16

I thought you would provide quotes and sources, all you have done is shared more of your opinion. Using the word "Nazi" seems to be a common descriptive ploy among political celebrities. Having answers to complicated political systems is not priestcraft. I am by no means defending Glenn Beck but if you are going to come out with specific accusations then you will need to prove it specifically and not generalize afterward.

+  « First of 20 pgs.  12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 

> TOPIC: Glenn Beck & Mormons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,