Glenn Beck & Mormons - Page 3 of 20

I hate to tell you this ladies, but a major - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 8th Jul, 2009 - 6:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (20) »

TV / Radio Host shares testimony and conversion.
Post Date: 7th Jul, 2009 - 1:48am / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons
A Friend

Glenn Beck & Mormons - Page 3

Wes are you by any chance Glenn's buddy or something that you want to defend his obvious intentions so vigorously?

No, no. Just expressing that I don't really feel that his comment was all that bad. That's all. I could turn it around and ask you the opposite of your question to me.

Wes, you got your analysis about Glen Beck wanting to have a place to come home to, the things he did not have, a family....etc from this?:

Stossel to Glenn: "You became a Mormon. Why?"

Glenn: "I apologize, but guys will understand this. My wife is, like, hot, and she wouldn't have sex with me until we got married, and she wouldn't marry me unless we had a religion. "(He adds with annoying face, like do I have to go to Church? Uhggg)

Stossel to Tania (his wife): "He just told us he became religious only to have sex with you. Was he joking?"

Tania: "No, he was not joking."

I guess, . . . Don't see anything wrong here.

Anyway, . . . We are obviously interpretating him completely different.

Sponsored Links:
7th Jul, 2009 - 1:50am / Post ID: #

Mormons and Beck Glenn

I watched the interview and I was like wow he didn't say that right? a friend of mine here in UT who isnt a member thought it was odd. My mom was upset because she really likes him.

7th Jul, 2009 - 1:56am / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons Studies Doctrine Mormon

QUOTE (Wes)
I could turn it around and ask you the opposite of your question to me.

You could, but it would not make sense since my interest in Glenn Beck is not as vigorous as yours seems to be wink.gif.

Rather off topic, but...
We have a lot of commentary in other Threads by Glenn Beck, as a supporter I would like to see your take on what he says.

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2009 - 2:50am / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons
A Friend

Page 3 Mormons and Beck Glenn

Rather off topic, but...
We have a lot of commentary in other Threads by Glenn Beck, as a supporter I would like to see your take on what he says.

No, no, no. I can't say I'm a supporter of Beck, because don't know him that well. (Just as you wouldn't be an agressor to him). Can't let this thing go the direction its taking. (as for continuing my position about him on other of his comments that I may not agree). I repeat my position on this comment of his: I'm just expressing my opinion that I don't see his comment to be all that bad. I just get a different message out of it.

7th Jul, 2009 - 2:57am / Post ID: #

Mormons and Beck Glenn

There is actually a reason I put that part your quoted as an off topic, so the Topic would not continue along the same line, with you having to restate your position again, I think you made your defense of Glenn Beck's take on sex and testimony clear enough already.

QUOTE (Wes)
Can't let this thing go the direction its taking.

Can't? Just as you have a position and opinion, so do others. You have stated yours, they have stated theirs, its not an end result and this Thread will likely have very little effect in Glenn's life, he does enough to cause enough controversy all on his own. Therefore the Thread can go in any direction those that respond which to take it, given the info given to debate is a new follow up to the last.

Post Date: 7th Jul, 2009 - 3:20am / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons
A Friend

Glenn Beck & Mormons

Sorry, didn't explain myself properly. I meant that I can't let it go in the aspect of me being a supporter of Beck to other of his comments. I just am supporting the message that I understand off his comment that we are discussing here.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Jul, 2009 - 3:26am / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons - Page 3

So the guy goes on national television and say to the world the reason he joined our church is to have sex with this woman and some of ya don't think is bad? I mean with all honesty if the guy wasn't beck but was a general church leader (seventy, etc) who became a member as an adult and is sharing his life story- conversion on tv and he says that...you guys will be like...fine with it? Or is it that your reaction and opinion will depend on who say it? rolleyes.gif

8th Jul, 2009 - 6:26pm / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 3

I hate to tell you this ladies, but a major reason men get married, even in the temple, is to have Sex with their wives. What's the difference between Glen Beck's initial reason for looking for a Church (wanting to have fulfilling sex with his wife), and my reason (and I suspect most mormon men's primary initial reason for marriage) for wanting to marry my wife in the Temple?

Having Sex with the woman you love is a very important thing to Men(as it is important to the woman to be intimate with her Husband), and it is not a bad reason to want to investigate the Church. Sex with your wife is a good thing, and wanting to cleave to her is biblical. That is why I feel that having interest in the Church, to maintain a good relationship with your wife, seems like a very wholesome reason to start investigating the Church. Of course the conversion process then must follow with manifestations from the Spirit to verify that conversion.

Anyway, the conversion he had later seems real (and personal to him), and it is that part that is important, not why he began investigating the Church. I say good for him for his conversion, even though it seems a little unorthodox to some of us.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (20) »

> TOPIC: Glenn Beck & Mormons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,