Glenn Beck & Mormons - Page 4 of 20

I haven't read through all of this - Page 4 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 9th Jul, 2009 - 1:23am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (20) »

TV / Radio Host shares testimony and conversion.
8th Jul, 2009 - 6:45pm / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons - Page 4

QUOTE (Dbackers)
I hate to tell you this ladies, but a major reason men get married, even in the temple, is to have Sex with their wives.

Speak for yourself Dbackers. That certainly was not a major reason for me. I will also like to reiterate that regardless of this being his reason or not:
QUOTE (JB)
He could have simply said, "I Was interested in my wife and then she said you have to..." and that would be that, but saying he wanted sex does nothing for his image, its a big goof and poor choice of words in my opinion.

Sponsored Links:
8th Jul, 2009 - 6:54pm / Post ID: #

Mormons and Beck Glenn

QUOTE (dbackers @ 8-Jul 09, 6:26 PM)
I hate to tell you this ladies, but a major reason men get married, even in the temple, is to have Sex with their wives.

Hello I wasn't planning to reply to this topic but then I read your statement and I had to...do you always talk of your personal experiences and try to project it into others people's lives? Your "suspicions" are baseless. Sorry but I kinda feel sorry for your wife if you ever told her the primary reason you got married is to have sex with her. If I was your wife and you told me that you would be sleeping in the couch for a very long time.

8th Jul, 2009 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons Studies Doctrine Mormon

SuzieSu

do you always talk of your personal experiences and try to project it into others people's lives?

I was not projecting. I was making a generalization based on what I have witnessed in my life from different sources, which is different then personalization. I probably made the mistake of assuming that most men are sexually attracted to their wives when they get married to them. It is possible that this assumption was wrong.

Anyway, I knew that when I expressed this opinion it would cause a little controversy.

My wife already knew that I was very physically attracted to her when I married her and that it was a primary reason that I married her. She would not get offended in the least by my statements, because she was Sexually attracted to me (isn't that a part of marriage)? That does not preclude the fact that there were other primary reasons for me wanting to marry her. Some other major reasons (which are of more importance then the issue of Sexual attraction): I wanted to marry my wife because I love her, we have many common goals, we wanted to raise a family, we love talking together, we have a desire to live as one for eternity, we love God and strive to keep his commandants as one, plus many other commonalities, commitments and covenants that bind us.

These do not preclude however the strong (and I believe sanctioned by God) physical feelings we have for one another.

It is a fact that God put sexual feelings in Men and Women in order to bring them closer, to allow them to express their love with one another within Marriage. Why do we think it so wrong to include this as a major factor that determine why we marry?

1st Corinthians 7:14

14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

Glen Beck started the journey toward self improvement based on a sexual desire for his wife. It is not wrong for him to honestly state, in my opinion, that this is what initially got him interested in religion (notice he did not state that he joined the Church based on his desire to have sex with his wife, but rather just got him interested in talking about religion.) He did not have those other commonalities that many in the Church take for granted (love of God, desire for eternal progression, desire to bring up a family in a righteous home.) Glenn started his journey with what he had (a loving, sexual desire for his future wife), because he did not have all the other "right" reasons to explore religion.

Anyway I think it is difficult to judge Glenn Beck when he was self admittedly not a very nice guy before his conversion. I believe he was blessed because of his wife's insistence that they explore God and religion.

Rather off topic, but...

I appreciate Glen Beck tongue in cheek humor, and I think he was trying to say that his wife was the major influence in him wanting to explore religion. Sex just happened to be the initial spark that got him interested. He seems to have taken it from there and it turned into something good.

I just noticed something too that we don't seem to be discussing. Glenn said his wife would not marry him unless they had religion and she would not have sex with him until after they were married. Don't Mormon men and women say the same thing when they require each other to first be religious, worthy to enter the temple,and be married before each will open up sexually after Marriage. This is essentially what he was saying. It is very scriptural to say " I will not marry you and have sex with you until after we are married and able to enter the temple" What is so wrong about that?

8th Jul, 2009 - 10:57pm / Post ID: #

Page 4 Mormons and Beck Glenn

QUOTE (dbackers @ 8-Jul 09, 10:33 PM)
Glen Beck started the journey toward self improvement based on a sexual desire for his wife. It is not wrong for him to honestly state, in my opinion, that this is what initially got him interested in religion (notice he did not state that he joined the Church based on his desire to have sex with his wife, but rather just got him interested in talking about religion.)

Hello? did you read or heard the interview? he said the reason he became a mormon was to have sex with his wife. I will borrow what lds_forever posted:

Stossel to Glenn: "You became a Mormon. Why?"

Glenn: "I apologize, but guys will understand this. My wife is, like, hot, and she wouldn't have sex with me until we got married, and she wouldn't marry me unless we had a religion. "(He adds with annoying face, like do I have to go to Church? Uhggg)

Stossel to Tania (his wife): "He just told us he became religious only to have sex with you. Was he joking?"

Tania: "No, he was not joking."

did you notice his wife doesn't deny the fact that Glen's only reason to join the church was to have sex with her? I mean come on you can try to paint it anyway you want to but thats the reality. The point isnt whether is true or not but whether it was necessarily for him to say it in the way he did you know what am I saying? but since you have a particular experience I ain't sure if you would understand what I'm coming from. Again its kind of odd you would think most men in the church join to have sex with their wives I mean are they all animals or something that this must be the primary reason? I aint trying to judge you but its odd you would say things like common goals, raise a family, etc like second you know what am I saying? I mean come on dbackers.

9th Jul, 2009 - 12:12am / Post ID: #

Mormons and Beck Glenn

You just quoted Stossel not Beck.

Beck clearly stated that his wife would not get married to him and have Sex with him until they had Religion and were married. My wife insisted the same thing, that I was both religious as well as Married before she would have Sex with me (I think that is the way it supposed to go). Beck never said this was the only reason (Stossel and Glenn's wife implied this) he joined the Church, but it was a reason.

Again, I did not say that most men join to have sex with their wife, ( I have been a member since I was eight so this was not the case with me). I stated that a primary (there are many others) reason for marriage is Sex. So yes, one reason I married my wife was to have sex with her (Multiply and replenish the earth, a commandment that cannot be done without the sex act). I don't think my experience is that uncommon.

Most men who join the Church do so because of a personal religious experience or multiple religious experience. Glenn's discusses on numerous occasions his personal discussions with God and the answers that he received. This does not negate the fact that his journey started because of his wife and her desire to have a family with religion.

And I find it odd that you think Men are animals because they desire to have Sex with their spouses.

but its odd you would say things like common goals, raise a family, etc like second you know what am I saying

I clearly stated that those other reasons were more important reasons for wanting to marry my wife, then the sexual desires I had for my wife. But the desire to procreate is an important factor in Marriage, as it was one of the first commandments to man and women on the earth. But the truth is, I was truelly converted around 13 when I started really reading the book of Mormon and I seriously started asking for guidance from the Lord. I was preparing for the day that I could meet a good LDS girl and start a family. I was already prepared when my wife wanted a Man who could keep his covenants. Glenn Beck did not have that opportunity.

Rather off topic, but...

I think we have a problem in society, in that we worry how we say things, and do not worry about the truth of what is said. John Stossel asked why Glenn became interested in religion. Glenn stated he wanted to have sex with his wife and she stated that they had to be married first and have a common religion. That is not an illegitimate request. If he had stated that he was interested in his wife it would have been a euphemism, I hate euphemisms.

Reconcile Edited: dbackers on 9th Jul, 2009 - 12:21am

9th Jul, 2009 - 12:23am / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons

QUOTE (dbackers @ 9-Jul 09, 12:12 AM)
Beck clearly stated that his wife would not get married to him and have Sex with him until they had Religion and were married.... Beck never said this was the only reason (Stossel and Glenn's wife implied this) he joined the Church, but it was a reason.

So just because he didnt spitted out isnt enough for you? and he didnt even bother to correct the reporter or his wife? he accepted what was implied because its true otherwise he would have said it.

And I find it odd that you think Men are animals because they desire to have Sex with their spouses.

No I find odd that you can even mention sex as a primary reason and putting second most important factors but again thats your experience.

Rather off topic, but...

John Stossel asked why Glenn became interested in religion.

No you're wrong. Stossel asked him why he became a mormom. You keep saying he was asked why he was interested in religion thats not what was asked I dont know why you're trying to water it down.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
9th Jul, 2009 - 1:03am / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons - Page 4

I didn't know his wife was not a member of the Church when both of them met. I had the impression she was, they both searched different churches together before joining the LDS church. They were married civilly first.

Now I see some of you don't see anything wrong with what Mr. Beck said...so I am curious what is your opinion about him talking about his sex life on the air?

Although he has mentioned his children from his prior marriage, 8-year-old Hannah and 11-year-old Mary who live with their mother in Connecticut, he says he tries to be discreet. Same with his new wife, Tania.

"Listeners can be extremely brutal. I expect that, that's part of my job. It's not part of her job being married to me."

But he still says plenty. Tania Beck, 27, is not too thrilled when her husband talks about their sex life on the air. She says she could do without the times he "gets on his rants about coming home to me and what he plans to do."

9th Jul, 2009 - 1:23am / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 4

I haven't read through all of this thread, so I don't know how much anyone has experienced Glenn Beck.

I have listened to him a bit. I don't listen every day, in fact, I only listen to him on the net, and he is on at the same time as Laura Ingraham, who I greatly prefer.

However, I have heard him being both flippant and serious about his relationship with his wife, with his children, with God, and with others.

As far as I have heard him speak, he is NOT explicit in what he says about his relationship with his wife.

Yeah, he is frequently over the top. Maybe he was a little too explicit in what he said. However, it wouldn't stop me from listening to him. Would you stop listening to him because of what he said? Do you listen to him now? I truly doubt that he has lost many listeners because of his statement.

As for how his wife feels about it, that is between the two of them.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  ...Latest (20) »

> TOPIC: Glenn Beck & Mormons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,