Glenn Beck & Mormons - Page 5 of 20

We can agree or not about Glen Beck's - Page 5 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 11th Jul, 2009 - 1:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (20) »

TV / Radio Host shares testimony and conversion.
9th Jul, 2009 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons - Page 5

QUOTE (Nighthawk @ 8-Jul 09, 9:23 PM)
Would you stop listening to him because of what he said?  Do you listen to him now?  I truly doubt that he has lost many listeners because of his statement.

I don't like his style so I avoid listening to him. The whole emotional rollercoaster of constant crying annoys me, and as much as I am truly touched when I see a man crying when he does it too often it turns me off completely. But that's just me.

Sponsored Links:
9th Jul, 2009 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

Mormons and Beck Glenn

QUOTE (LDS_forever @ 9-Jul 09, 1:03 AM)
Tania Beck, 27, is not too thrilled when her husband talks about their sex life on the air. She says she could do without the times he "gets on his rants about coming home to me and what he plans to do."

Woah she just brushes it off so lightly? I read how once he said he made a comment on the air about him imaging that his wife was Gwyneth Paltrow and asked his wife to talk and dress like her he said he was kidding but got him in trouble with a member of the church who told him in the middle of sacrament meeting how he dares to do that to his wife he also said he imitates his wife but everybody that knows his wife knows it's not true. he says he just imagines how his wife acts and does all the opposite. his wife also said how her mother calls her complaining about some of the things Beck says in the air about his wife but that she knows not to call again to do that...

I guess money is more important than dignity.

rolleyes.gif

9th Jul, 2009 - 6:35pm / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons Studies Doctrine Mormon

The article was written in 2000(nearly nine years ago), and I suspect he has toned down the Sex talk quite a bit.

Fortunately I think he is maturing, as we all are to a degree.

I guess money is more important than dignity

I do not think its about money, its about his personality, like him or not. He just likes to talk, and it gets him into trouble sometimes.

LDS
He does cry alot, which does turn me off a little, but I find him interesting.
Personally, I start feeling quite uncomfortable when I cry in public, even though there are things that affect me on a very personal level (beautiful music, a spiritual message).

I believe our opinions on this are a directly related to how we feel about Glenn Beck as a performer/entertainer/political hack or commentator.

No you're wrong. Stossel asked him why he became a mormom. You keep saying he was asked why he was interested in religion thats not what was asked I dont know why you're trying to water it down.

I am not watering it down
If you understand Beck's entire conversion story, then you would understand that he did not start his search with the Mormon Church. Initially his wife demanded they have religion, not that the join a particular sect. That came later in their search, as Mormonism became the focus of that search. If you noticed how Glenn answered the question he spoke only of his interest in religion, which was sparked by an interest in his wife.
Glenn Beck has truly converted to the Church (by his own admission), even though his initial reasons for doing so may be suspect. Why should we question a man's motive for coming to the truth, if it in the end made his life better, his marriage better, and it allowed him to make temple covenants?

QUOTE (Suziesu)

No I find odd that you can even mention sex as a primary reason  and putting second most important factors but again thats your experience.

Rather off topic, but...
Again I am not saying it is more important then other reasons, just as important. Am I the only person who believes the commandment to multiply and replenish the earth is as important as other reasons to get married (Love of spouse, common goals and commitments)? (Rest moved to mature)

Reconcile Message Edited...
JB: Cleaned up the Thread. Please keep the 'sex' related talk for the Mature Section. I understand the need to address what Glenn said, but when we go into such detail then it needs to be a mature section Topic as we want to keep this as a child friendly site as much as possible. I also moved your other Thread to the Mature section. Thanks.

9th Jul, 2009 - 11:57pm / Post ID: #

Page 5 Mormons and Beck Glenn

QUOTE (dbackers @ 9-Jul 09, 2:35 PM)
LDS
He does cry alot, which does turn me off a little, but I find him interesting.
Personally, I start feeling quite uncomfortable when I cry in public, even though there are things that affect me on a very personal level (beautiful music, a spiritual message).

The interesting thing is that it touches me a lot when I see a man crying or getting emotional because I love to see that side of men, but particularly with Beck (and with any other person who is overly emotional) it gets me in a bad mood, irritated. It is almost fake when he is constantly doing it. I don't have anything against the guy, I just don't like his style. I know there is an audience for his kind of humor but I am not in that group.

10th Jul, 2009 - 12:58am / Post ID: #

Mormons and Beck Glenn

QUOTE (dbackers @ 9-Jul 09, 6:35 PM)
and I suspect he has toned down the Sex talk quite a bit.

how do you know that?

I do not think its about money, its about his personality, like him or not. He just likes to talk, and it gets him into trouble sometimes.

I was referring to his wife who said many time she feels to slap him and when her mother calls her complaining about some of the things Glenn says about her (the wife) she knows by now not to call again to say those things.

11th Jul, 2009 - 3:53am / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons

Frankly, I think you are all making a mountain out of a mole hill. So he was sexually attracted to his wife and wanted to please her. Big deal!

Lots of men do lots of things (and not all of them good things) in order to please the women to whom they are sexually attracted.

My first husband did the same thing, joined the church to please me. (It didn't turn out the same way as Glenn and his wife, but I thought it was a sweet thing to do at the time.)

Now, the fact that he actually said in a taped interview that she was "hot" and so forth, well, that was probably ill considered, especially considering that he's in a leadership position in his ward in the Church. He could have/should have used milder language. (How would you like to hear one of the apostles or the prophet say that in an interview? Not! )

However, as has been pointed out, that's the kind of guy he is publicly -- a little outrageous and more than a little irreverent. But he's not a slime ball like Howard Stern.

I think this is all too much.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
11th Jul, 2009 - 12:03pm / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons - Page 5

QUOTE (FarSeer @ 11-Jul 09, 3:53 AM)
Frankly, I think you are all making a mountain out of a mole hill. So he was sexually attracted to his wife and wanted to please her. Big deal!

farseer the deal is how he said it if its you and is true would you say that on national television?

My first husband did the same thing, joined the church to please me.  (It didn't turn out the same way as Glenn and his wife, but I thought it was a sweet thing to do at the time.)

what do you think about it now?

Now, the fact that he actually said in a taped interview that she was "hot" and so forth, well, that was probably ill considered, especially considering that he's in a leadership position in his ward in the Church. He could have/should have used milder language. (How would you like to hear one of the apostles or the prophet say that in an interview? Not! )

so you wont be upset if one of the apostles who was converted as an adult says on television that he joined our church to have sex with his wife but you'll consider it wrong if he says his wife is hot? geez farseer, I ain't get that one plus what difference does it make whether he's a leader or not? do leaders and non-leaders have different guideliness of what's appropiate to say and what isn't?

However, as has been pointed out, that's the kind of guy he is publicly -- a little outrageous and more than a little irreverent.  But he's not a slime ball like Howard Stern. 

so 'cause he's considered mild he becomes acceptable? did you see the video where he asked a woman if she has to remove some clothing where will she start? the woman was speechless she couldnt even say a word.

its not too much at all you need to watch more videos and you'll know the real glen beck not the one that some few male posters here are trying to paint and water down.

11th Jul, 2009 - 1:33pm / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 5

We can agree or not about Glen Beck's sexual related talk but at the end of the day his wife does not seem to have a problem with it, and even though it may seem strange to me and few others, maybe the fact they both converted as adults plays an important part on how they feel about it.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (20) »

> TOPIC: Glenn Beck & Mormons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,