Glenn Beck & Mormons - Page 7 of 20

It seems like some people think he can do - Page 7 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 31st Jul, 2009 - 9:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 20 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (20) »

TV / Radio Host shares testimony and conversion.
Post Date: 31st Jul, 2009 - 12:09am / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons
A Friend

Glenn Beck & Mormons - Page 7

The standards of integrity apply to every member (from the regular member to the prophet) and in all settings
True.
But we are all different. You may be more righteous than me, or X person, and we still have the same standards to follow, right?
This is a place of learning, progress etc. The Prophet or an Apostle cannot be compared with Glenn because they are at different level of progress, even though they do have the same standards to follow. Glenn may mess-up more than an Apostle or The Prohet due to their different levels of understanding, spirituality, experience, personal opinion, background, knowledge etc.
We all are different, and we are all subject to different pressures and situations. Me, for example; I may say worse things on national tv or radio, than Glenn does; because we are different, even though we have the same standards as you or an Apostle.

Sponsored Links:
31st Jul, 2009 - 12:18am / Post ID: #

Mormons and Beck Glenn

Whoah, whoah even though I understand what you're saying its a little disturbing that you're basically saying the general authorities are somehow more spiritual, have progressed more, etc than a regular member I aint sure this is the thread to discuss it but I will make a search and see because I find it a little disturbing...

Now going back to the topic yes I understand my point is that it seems like we think its okay that Glen Beck says all those things because he isnt a general authoritity like if both groups (general authorities and members) have different standards to folow and I find that alone a little worrisome you know what am I saying.

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2009 - 1:08am / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons
A Friend

Glenn Beck & Mormons Studies Doctrine Mormon

Whoah, whoah even though I understand what you're saying its a little disturbing that you're basically saying the general authorities are somehow more spiritual, have progressed more, etc than a regular member

Absolutely. They are at a higher level, you can't say that Glenn has the same experience, knowledge than a GA. That is why we can't compare him to a GA. GA's are definetely at a higher level of understanding than most of us. I don't know what is so disturbing about that. We have the same potential as them, but that is another topic.

31st Jul, 2009 - 1:59am / Post ID: #

Page 7 Mormons and Beck Glenn

QUOTE (Wes)
They are at a higher level, you can't say that Glenn has the same experience, knowledge than a GA.

I normally do not get involved in this kind of back and forth Discussion especially when it is off topic, but that statement gave me the shivers. That word "are" is a pronouncement or judgment of which none of us are capable of making. I certainly didn't feel Paul H. Dunn 'higher' than me, neither should I feel higher than them because God is no respecter of persons. Now because that is so grossly off topic let me bring Glenn back into this. The most amazing part of this Thread on Glenn (and this is just an observation) is that we have so many Threads with his quotes, rants and what not but hardly anyone here addresses them - it is almost like poetic desolation of the third kind.

31st Jul, 2009 - 2:03am / Post ID: #

Mormons and Beck Glenn

Wes I disagree with your last post but maybe a discussion about it can fit here:

General Authorities Are Human

Suzie, the topic is within the Mature Section of our Community.

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2009 - 3:30am / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons
A Friend

Glenn Beck & Mormons

but that statement gave me the shivers.

Why? The fact that they are GA's, puts them higher than a member. Please don't confuse this with being better. Elder is higher (not better) than Deacon, same thing. So, an Apostle or The Prophet are at a higher level than Glenn, absolutely.
That is why we can't compare Glenn's comments with a GA's comments. Because Glenn is thinking more about his job, show etc, while a GA thinks more about spiritual things, he is called to do so, therefore will make more conservative comments than Glenn.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
31st Jul, 2009 - 3:35am / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons - Page 7

QUOTE (Wes)
Why? The fact that they are GA's, puts them higher than a member.

Easy, its all about perspective. I did not say "better" you did. If you want to cover that point then please start a new Thread, or better I believe a link was posted above so that it would not continue on that tangent. Let's leave this Thread to Glenn Beck and him alone. Thanks.

31st Jul, 2009 - 9:47pm / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 7

It seems like some people think he can do no wrong and some people think he is the devil. As is true with most people he has Strengths and he has weaknesses.

I suppose, because I agree with much of what he has said in the past , and lean more toward his political philosophy, I am more willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

But like with anyone in the media, I look at his words objectively.
I accept the information from him that I believe to be valid, and reject that information that I cannot verify. I react the same way with any person or news organization that I view.

I think most of what we see on the news anyway is slanted by the people who are presenting it, be they left or right.
Glenn Beck is no different.

> TOPIC: Glenn Beck & Mormons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,