Glenn Beck & Mormons - Page 2 of 20

QUOTE (Wes @ 6-Jul 09, 7:18 PM) I personally - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 7th Jul, 2009 - 1:26am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (20) »

TV / Radio Host shares testimony and conversion.
Post Date: 6th Jul, 2009 - 5:01pm / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons
A Friend

Glenn Beck & Mormons - Page 2

Yeah . . . Well, I agree if it was me making the comment.
But, it's his experience converting to the church, he's background is different than mine, or yours . . .

Maybe in his mind, he found it approriate to mention it. Maybe, he felt that someone out there is going through a similar situation as he was, and may be looking at some wrong options. God works in misterious ways . . . Who knows, someone may try listening to the Elders just out of curiosity on his comment.

"From small and simple things, great things shall come to pass"

I understand his comment was not the most ethical one, just considering some points here.

Sponsored Links:
6th Jul, 2009 - 6:57pm / Post ID: #

Mormons and Beck Glenn

I have listened to him talk about his background, some of the stories of his childhood, etc. Perhaps his statement is the only real answer he could give. Perhaps any other answer would have been dissembling. It is entirely possible that the only reason he started to investigate the Church was that he wanted to marry the woman who became his wife.

If that is the real reason, then it was a good one because I think he really does try to embody correct principles in his life. He is often sarcastic and loud, but he makes excellent points and arguments, with a decidedly Mormon slant.

6th Jul, 2009 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons Studies Doctrine Mormon

That is fine, but he did not have to term it that way. He could have simply said, "I Was interested in my wife and then she said you have to..." and that would be that, but saying he wanted sex does nothing for his image, its a big goof and poor choice of words in my opinion. I hope he does not get up on Testimony Sunday and say "Good Morning Brothers and Sisters... I stand before you today because I wanted sex and then...".

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2009 - 8:39pm / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons
A Friend

Page 2 Mormons and Beck Glenn

Perhaps his statement is the only real answer he could give. Perhaps any other answer would have been dissembling. It is entirely possible that the only reason he started to investigate the Church was that he wanted to marry the woman who became his wife.

Exactly, Nighthawk.
That's more like what I'm trying to say. (Just couldn't put it that way) and I think this is a perfect example for his answer. See, I was having a hard time puting it the way you did.
Maybe, he was trying to say it different but that was the way it came out.

6th Jul, 2009 - 8:50pm / Post ID: #

Mormons and Beck Glenn

Oh please Wes, who do you think Glen Beck is? A newbie in the business? laugh.gif He is an experienced journalist, words is something he knows exactly how to use. I am a journalist myself and with the wide experience he has, he knows exactly what he said. His statement was crude and unnecessary in my opinion (even if true) because he just wanted to sound "cool" (if you all watch the interview you will see how he said it). I am surprised his wife would actually sit there with a smile on her face and admit it is true and that she was okay with it. *shaking head*

He also makes fun of her on the radio sometimes about how she "nags", she admitted it bothers her sometimes but "that's the way he is".

Post Date: 6th Jul, 2009 - 11:18pm / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons
A Friend

Glenn Beck & Mormons

Oh please Wes, who do you think Glen Beck is? A newbie in the business?

You are right. You do have a point there. smile.gif

I still don't think it was all that bad, though. I personally understood that he was saying that he was looking for place to come home. His home, his wife, and without having sex, maybe he felt that all those things, he really didn't have; or he felt that would not be available to him for very long ( his wife, his home, his family, all those good things associated with a family, including sex)

To me, it was an honest, straight and fast answer.

But, we are all different. Some of us don't mind it, some are a little uncomfortable, and some are very uncomfortable.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
7th Jul, 2009 - 1:06am / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons - Page 2

Wes are you by any chance Glenn's buddy or something that you want to defend his obvious intentions so vigorously?

7th Jul, 2009 - 1:26am / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

QUOTE (Wes @ 6-Jul 09, 7:18 PM)
I personally understood that he was saying that he was looking for place to come home. His home, his wife, and without having sex, maybe he felt that all those things, he really didn't have; or he felt that would not be available to him for very long ( his wife, his home, his family, all those good things associated with a family, including sex)

Wes, you got your analysis about Glen Beck wanting to have a place to come home to, the things he did not have, a family....etc from this?:

Stossel to Glenn: "You became a Mormon. Why?"

Glenn: "I apologize, but guys will understand this. My wife is, like, hot, and she wouldn't have sex with me until we got married, and she wouldn't marry me unless we had a religion. "(He adds with annoying face, like do I have to go to Church? Uhggg)

Stossel to Tania (his wife): "He just told us he became religious only to have sex with you. Was he joking?"

Tania: "No, he was not joking."

spock.gif

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (20) »

> TOPIC: Glenn Beck & Mormons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,