Glenn Beck & Mormons - Page 13 of 20

Most gullible or naive people tend to look - Page 13 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 27th Apr, 2010 - 6:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 20 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  ...Latest (20) »

TV / Radio Host shares testimony and conversion.
19th Mar, 2010 - 6:20pm / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons - Page 13

social justice would force us to be Christlike. It would not allow us to have the opportunity to freely give of our substance, it would take it from us. Sure every one would be "equal" and there would be "no poor among us" but there would be no growth from it. None of us would grow closer to Christ because we wouldn't have a choice in the matter. Fact is, thousands, if not millions of people everyday sacrifice some of their substance to give others a chance to have the same opportunities that we do. These people who make this sacrifice are blessed for it, if the opportunity to freely choose to help our brothers and sisters were to be taken from us, the same blessings would also be taken from our grasp.

Sponsored Links:
20th Mar, 2010 - 11:40pm / Post ID: #

Mormons and Beck Glenn

For all those Beck's supporters on this issue. First of all, he started the backpedaling process (expected of course!). I tell ya, he needs to actually think before opening his mouth you know what am I saying?

international QUOTE
"There's a lot of people that will say 'social justice,' and some people don't mean Marxism, but others do"
international QUOTE
Social justice in which "you empower yourself to go out and help the poor" is permissible

Source 5

What a joke! This is what I was trying to say from the beginning. Social justice is not a code word for Marxism!

Anyhow he was challenged by Reverend Jim Wallis to explain himself better and according Mr. Wallis:

international QUOTE
"Mormon leaders have called me today to apologize and to say they're embarrassed by" Beck's social justice comments."

Source 5

No wonder he is backtracking his comments you know what I am saying? He is getting hit by every single Christian denomination in the country. He is feeling the heat!

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2010 - 12:00am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Glenn Beck & Mormons Studies Doctrine Mormon

Caller: Glenn for Prez!

Thankfully, America does not have to worry about Glenn becoming the Marshmallow in Chief anytime soon. Even though his past is out in the open, there's just too much baggage for him to make it through the process. Plus, Glenn would add to the deficit solely from the use of the White House pastry chef. But, that doesn't stop Linda from giving her 10 reasons why Glenn should run. Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 23rd Apr, 2010 - 11:28am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 13 Mormons and Beck Glenn

The Weird Theology of Glenn Beck and His Cohorts
The New Christian Right and Christianity
By Robert Fantina

It is an unfortunate truth that organizations ranging from the mildly amusing to the extremely dangerous have all co-opted the term 'Christian.' Christian Right, Christian Coalition, etc., all use the term without, apparently, knowing what it means. It has reached a point where even Christians cringe when they hear the word in political commentary. Ref. Source 1

24th Apr, 2010 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #

Mormons and Beck Glenn

international QUOTE
social justice would force us to be Christlike. It would not allow us to have the opportunity to freely give of our substance, it would take it from us. Sure every one would be "equal" and there would be "no poor among us" but there would be no growth from it. None of us would grow closer to Christ because we wouldn't have a choice in the matter.

I think that this is not accurate. We are held accountable for not only as individuals but as a society. (See BOM- about unrighteousness in the land) So the question then becomes how as a society are we using societies tools, such as churches, and Government to be a more Christlike Society? No where in the scriptures does it say that a Christian government cannot be used to help the poor? Do you not think that Jesus expects us as a society to create laws, institutions and etc to become a Christ like society? Is this not a way for us to give our goods freely? Do you really think that private organizations with their limited resources can do this alone? If so you are naive IMO.

In a democratic society, we have a vote. We vote for congressmen, senators, presidents to enact laws, taxation, programs on our behalf. If we do not like it we have a way to appeal such laws and actions. This idea of forcing Christ like ideas is just no so. A strong social component to government is not communism. Why can we not grow from supporting government action and initiatives to help the poor? In the millennium and in Zion do you not think that it will be some Christ like government that will have strong social policies?
I do not think there is much of an argument to say that it is not Christ like to have
government help. We may perhaps debate what that will look like, and how its done.
But I just do not buy the fact that no one can grow closer to Christ from social justice. Jim Wallace is one of the most Christ Like men I have encountered in my life.

26th Apr, 2010 - 2:08am / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons

The Bible is a book that is designed to give a personal experience. It repeatedly ask the reader to take action and be charitable with those less fortunate. Those charitable acts can be money, time or support. However, these are to be given personally...least that is how the book makes it seem.

If someone comes up to you and forces you to cough up $100 for charity or go to jail and you do it, is that a charitable act? While it might be social justice for the recipient of your $100 (minus the generous government take) did it buy you any particular cosmic karma? The government employee that supports the charitable program probably feels as if they have done some good, but I dare say the reluctant donor feels little if nothing. That empty feeling is telling you something. In that case, the outcome was simply wealth redistribution. By wrapping it in the cover of taxes, it is hard to peel that onion back to that money going to a particular charity and that is what government wants...plus it makes it harder to see if it was efficiently spent.

The moment a government or corporation makes it to heaven, I will believe in social justice. I am fairly certain that WalMart was not judged but Sam Walton was at the Pearly Gates.

If you have every taken charity, you will know that it is tougher to take it from a individual person than to take it from a government. Receiving charity from a individual will make you try to elevate yourself, if possible. A government has no real individual face and you have little accountability to it. It is awfully hard to "help yourself" when the government is footing the bill.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 26th Apr, 2010 - 2:10am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
26th Apr, 2010 - 10:08pm / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons - Page 13

I agree with Isaiah's comment concerning government. However, "social justice" is only just to the extent of the one who judges. In the BoM, the judges were usually prophets and priests of the church. If this were the case then I would support it. Sadly however, our judges of "social justice" would be men who, at best, have alterior motives.

27th Apr, 2010 - 6:43pm / Post ID: #

Glenn Beck & Mormons Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 13

Most gullible or naive people tend to look to men for answers. Glenn Beck is no different. He is successful in the world so what he has to say is now important.

> TOPIC: Glenn Beck & Mormons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,