JPatt Introduction - Page 23 of 23

Cool I might consider joining in if I don't - Page 23 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 29th Jan, 2011 - 3:33am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 23 pgs.  19 20 21 22 23 
USA RPGer / Colorful Writer - He says "My Boss Told Me To Put Something In This Post."
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2011 - 1:10pm / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 544
Flag Posts: 1,325
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 5.4%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 58

JPatt Introduction - Page 23

Hahah no I didn't go to Hawaii, that's just my shirt from Wal-Mart and I'm standing in front of my friend's flowery wallpaper, but thanks for the tropical compliment.

As for the games, I fell out of the habit for various reasons for a while - I had a number of things go on and no personal time or a lot of obligations and had gotten frustrated in the games I was in here, and was forced by circumstances/felt it best to bow out of the games here.

And the long and the short of it is, and I want to emphasize this is not a value judgment of a *personal* nature on any ONE here, I appreciate getting to play in the D&D games here and roleplaying with everyone and seeing how things are done, but I find the current setup is not compatible with my playing style, mainly due to the fact it is 1) D&D/D20/official site Superhero and 2) uses the Party Leader Format rather than a posting schedule.

To a lesser extent, there were a number of games going on, and some members were participating in three or four at a time plus the official site ones - there was no way to run anything here an expect to have, in my view, though I may have been wrong, a reliable and consistent player base, for a new adventure or game.

Lastly the players seem to have a specific and limited interest or willingness to discuss possible future games, or give feedback - When I started a thread for other game types, I got the couple of replies that I expected to get from the people I generally always get replies from because those people are always reliable and thoughtful posters.

And like I said, this isn't *blaming* other people, this is about the responses indicating what seemed to be a lack of interest, which made me figure there wasn't a whole lot of point, at least at the time, pressing the matter much. "Who here wants to play X?" -- "Yay, we want to play Z!" Like offering to cook scrambled eggs for people that showed up to eat ribeye steak; not really much point if I don't have steak and they didn't show up hungry for eggs, and vice versa.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 12th Dec, 2006 - 5:51pm
Signature: "...into thine arms I now shall creep, and learn they wisdom while I sleep. Amen."
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2011 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

Diamond Chief
[?] CPosts: 2,938
Flag Posts: 7,000
Avg: 1.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 32.7%
[+] Gain: 5,075.94 FP
Charm: 26

Introduction JPatt

Dude I wasn't really talking about starting your own I was talking about you joining in. I don't think Oliron's RP has any kind of party leader thing I think you like just post to one thread and the GM too but you can check to make sure because I don't play it. I get what you're saying about the party leader thing though it can be really taxing for the brains but its probably there just to keep everything in order and all. Anyways now I know why you just post in the welcome section but thats boring dude you looking to be the official welcomer? laugh.gif

Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Thirty Something | Joined: Reg. 18th Jan, 2009 - 9:07pm
Signature:
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2011 - 7:35pm / Post ID: #

Member Author
[?] CPosts: 1,114
Flag Posts: 3,474
Avg: 0.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 17.2%
[+] Gain: 218.76 FP
Charm: 43

JPatt Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

I understand what your saying JPatt. I would like to see things would run more smoothly. There is a certain amount of unwillingness or lack of interest in other rpg's as well. There is always the idea of "if you build it and they will come". That sort of works here to a certain extent.

I was hoping that you would start a game of some sort. I know you are capable and probably have tons of great ideas running around in your head.

Long story short, and I've said it before, I am eager to see a game run by you (whatever it may be) started. I would definitely be interested in playing it, pretty much just because you would be the GM.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Pagan | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 28th Nov, 2009 - 3:24pm
Signature:
Post Date: 28th Jan, 2011 - 8:17pm / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 544
Flag Posts: 1,325
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 5.4%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 58

Page 23 Introduction JPatt

Well I appreciate the feedback and good words and replies.

I have run some games offline here and there, and one or two chat games, tried out some new systems and such, gotten some new ideas, trying to see what is and isn't feasible for online, watched some things of other people succeed, or fail, re-learned how people act online, observed the dynamics of online gaming in real-time - it is a marvel and sometimes a frightening thing to behold. I also had Atlas Games host a PDF I made for their Feng Shui game on their site, called the Dragon's Heirs, which collects their 26 official character types in one document, you can probably find it easily with a search.

I'm really more a GM and system hound than player and have looked into Savage Worlds and its settings in Rippers, Solomon Kane and Hellfrost and Deadlands, the BASH Superhero RPG, D6 System, Cartoon Action Hour and Tristat DX and 1PG Broadsword systems, besides Wushu, which I also ran in a few chat games but which I've found can be too "open" for some people to be comfortable with, making their own stats and such.

If I do run something I think I'd like to run a short one-shot adventure to see who was interested to begin with and get myself used to running it here, and see how people here play, in conjunction with my style, and what to expect, and give people the same chance to see how I GM, without it being any sort of lengthy commitment, then if it turned out well, see about moving on to a longer second adventure, etc.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 12th Dec, 2006 - 5:51pm
Signature: "...into thine arms I now shall creep, and learn they wisdom while I sleep. Amen."
Post Date: 29th Jan, 2011 - 3:33am / Post ID: #

Diamond Chief
[?] CPosts: 2,938
Flag Posts: 7,000
Avg: 1.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 32.7%
[+] Gain: 5,075.94 FP
Charm: 26

Introduction JPatt

Cool I might consider joining in if I don't like have to burst a brain vessel trying to figure the rules and all no promises just saying I'll look at it.

Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Thirty Something | Joined: Reg. 18th Jan, 2009 - 9:07pm
Signature:

> TOPIC: JPatt Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,