JPatt Introduction - Page 2 of 23

Hey Jpatt you've been registered here - Page 2 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 29th Oct, 2009 - 2:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (23) »
USA RPGer / Colorful Writer - He says "My Boss Told Me To Put Something In This Post."
Post Date: 27th May, 2008 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 544
Flag Posts: 1,325
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 5.4%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 58

JPatt Introduction - Page 2

Thanks much all, and yeah I bought an avatar with my forum points, and yes I decided to just check into the various other sub-forums around too, though I had already done that to some extent. Its a fairly huge board, with lots of forums and subforums. Really something. =)

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 12th Dec, 2006 - 5:51pm
Signature: "...into thine arms I now shall creep, and learn they wisdom while I sleep. Amen."
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th May, 2008 - 8:40pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,025
Flag Posts: 51,682
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,584.18 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction JPatt

Well, of course its huge, this is the International Discussions of the net in all humility of course! wink.gif Were you planning to join in some RPGs or just the Discussion? If so, which one?

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 27th May, 2008 - 11:54pm / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
[?] CPosts: 17,375
Flag Posts: 21,317
Avg: 2.7 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 70.2%
[+] Gain: 1,240.35 FP
Charm: 342

JPatt Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Jpatt, nice to see your picture along with your posts! Hope you continue enjoying our site. All the best.
LDS smile.gif

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: -- | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Forty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Sep, 2002 - 5:01pm
Signature: Don't make someone your priority when you're only their option
Post Date: 28th May, 2008 - 3:33am / Post ID: #

Member Editor

Page 2 Introduction JPatt

Thanks for the continuing welcome =)

Oh I've replied in a few different topics here and there including the RPG section, though I'm not sure about joining an RP. My preference is tabletop RPGs with a scenario or plot and GM, and rules and dicerolls to mediate, though in the forum RPs I run, I tend to go for a quick, simple RPG system like Wushu.

Reconcile Edited: jpatt on 28th May, 2008 - 3:34am

Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 12th Dec, 2006 - 5:51pm
Signature: "...into thine arms I now shall creep, and learn they wisdom while I sleep. Amen."
Post Date: 28th May, 2008 - 4:10am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,025
Flag Posts: 51,682
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,584.18 FP
Charm: 394

Introduction JPatt

I wish I could have live sessions, in fact we were planning on doing that with a program, but not sure if we would have the time. The next best thing we have is table top online. We use the Forum to communicate, we have dice and GM. In addition to that we have 30 other RPGs here. Check the Dragon to the top left to see the various kinds. In any case I enjoy your colorful writing style and glad you can join us enjoy!

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 28th May, 2008 - 5:38am / Post ID: #

Member Editor

JPatt Introduction

Yah I haven't played a "live" or realtime tabletop RPG in quite a while, and while I miss it, in some ways I enjoy running small forum RPs almost as much.

Though I'm running one right now for a handful of people, and will need to write myself a PHP die roll program (due to my own variation of Wushu I use), I might try one of those PbP communities some other time, which include a die-roller built into the forum, because except for a few GM-only rolls, I'm happy with letting the players make their own rolls for combat and tasks and such.

I've looked through the "Medeival" FAQs and some rules and such, and while it's obvious a lot of work has gone into it and a lot of people enjoy it, it's a bit too "micro-managey" for my taste, plus I'm more in a GMish mood for the foreseeable future. Plenty to read though, in RPG and other forums on the site.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th May, 2008 - 6:11pm / Post ID: #

Member Senior
[?] CPosts: 355
Flag Posts: 870
Avg: 0.1 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 3.8%
[+] Gain: 85.65 FP
Charm: 9

JPatt Introduction - Page 2

Oh come on, just admit it, you dont want the embarassment of getting your two thumbs strung up by the nails while some grey orcs make fun of you singing "He's a GM, he's a GM!".

Just kidding, welcome to this place.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 8th Feb, 2008 - 2:43am
Signature: If we die... It will be for GLORY, not gold.
Post Date: 29th Oct, 2009 - 2:14am / Post ID: #

Diamond Chief
[?] CPosts: 2,938
Flag Posts: 7,000
Avg: 1.3 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 32.7%
[+] Gain: 5,075.94 FP
Charm: 26

JPatt Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 2

Hey Jpatt you've been registered here awhile so I thought you like knew the ropes. Just ask any questions you have about how this place works and I'll try to explain. Just for the heads up I'll just say that in the member wars board you can basically join or start anything you want its super open. If you want to join in JB's medieval game which is like totally cool you have to be active and have 30 posts. You have like only 1% so wow you might like have to stay with member wars area for now. If you post a lot then your activity rises. I post around to keep mine up.

Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Thirty Something | Joined: Reg. 18th Jan, 2009 - 9:07pm
Signature:
+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (23) »

> TOPIC: JPatt Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,