JPatt Introduction - Page 13 of 23

I know I have run into some of those messages. - Page 13 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 6th Feb, 2010 - 7:58pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 23 pgs.  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  ...Latest (23) »
USA RPGer / Colorful Writer - He says "My Boss Told Me To Put Something In This Post."
Post Date: 4th Feb, 2010 - 9:33am / Post ID: #

Member Editor
[?] CPosts: 544
Flag Posts: 1,325
Avg: 0.2 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 5.4%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: 58

JPatt Introduction - Page 13

I am trying to do that. I would have waited around a bit and then just posted the next move but wanted to see if there was anything else in teh area, and to make sure nobody else was doing something, but I do try to just bump the story on when I can and it seems like there isn't really a need to stop and get group consensus.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 12th Dec, 2006 - 5:51pm
Signature: "...into thine arms I now shall creep, and learn they wisdom while I sleep. Amen."
Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Feb, 2010 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

JPatt Introduction
A Friend

Introduction JPatt

I think the way the story is progressing is getting better. We are all no longer taking almost a week to get everything updated. I think as we all get more used to this style of play it will start to go more smooth. Having a experienced player like yourself Jpatt as party leader is showing others how it all comes together. With all the helpful stuff you have added it is getting to be a great game now.

Thanks for all you have done to help me make this a better game.

Post Date: 6th Feb, 2010 - 1:59am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect
[?] CPosts: 38,034
Flag Posts: 51,691
Avg: 6.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 4,591.93 FP
Charm: 394

JPatt Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

I saw your Off Topic message. I raised Regular Member Posting from 22 to 30, is that what you are talking about? Please explain the exact message you get. Thanks.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Hard Work | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Libertarian
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Signature: Donate Please Support Our Efforts!
Post Date: 6th Feb, 2010 - 2:32am / Post ID: #

Member Editor

Page 13 Introduction JPatt

No it gave me a message that said something along the lines of "Message posting control. You cannot make further posts for another 42303405 seconds (18-24 hours)" and another paragraph of something else. I don't understand what it is, but I can post now for some reason?

Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 12th Dec, 2006 - 5:51pm
Signature: "...into thine arms I now shall creep, and learn they wisdom while I sleep. Amen."
Post Date: 6th Feb, 2010 - 2:43am / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

Introduction JPatt

You get that message if:

1. You trying to Double Post - Reply to a message where you are already the last respondent - you're suppose to wait 24 hours

2. You are trying to start New Threads and have already done so within the last 24 hours. For Regular Members they are only allowed one per day because most Members tend to start Topics already here.

3. You reached a limit of Posts for the day (it was set to 24, now it is 30) this is meant to control spammers, hence the irritant. If you want to see how many Posts you've made then check Top Posters: Source 4

Which one best fits the problem you were having?

Blog Read My Blog
Tenet: Reperire Veritatem | Reason: Discuss Global Issues | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 3rd Sep, 2002 - 1:01pm
Post Date: 6th Feb, 2010 - 6:56am / Post ID: #

Member Editor

JPatt Introduction

I guess 2. Seems like the most likely, I'm pretty sure I didn't try to make another post after just making one in the same thread, and I know what the warning about the post limit per day looks like, it wasn't that.

Wow I'm #4 poster today, er yesterday, er, something. Cool.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 6th Feb, 2010 - 5:45pm / Post ID: #

Admin + Architect

JPatt Introduction - Page 13

I have increased it to "3" for new Threads for Regular Members. I have found that the problem with this feature is someone Posts their Introduction and then instead of editing their existing Thread they immediately start a New Thread to ask a question they could have asked in their Intro or even more commonly they try to Post Topics that we have many of already.

Blog Read My Blog
Post Date: 6th Feb, 2010 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

JPatt Introduction
A Friend

JPatt Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 13

I know I have run into some of those messages. Usually it is because My membership expired and I was still trying to post in places I no longer had access to or was way over my daily limit until I got my new dues in. I am glad I do not get these type of messages often. Jpatt you should think of donating to eliminate some of these messages.

> TOPIC: JPatt Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,