Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country? - Page 3 of 7

It is easy to see why Trinidad can be considered - Page 3 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 25th Nov, 2009 - 12:35am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
15th Sep, 2008 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country? - Page 3

Yes I did but you don't see anything wrong with it. So since you rather keep your "tiefing" PM I guess, then no need for you to complain about him or his government since you rather keep him anyway. sneaky.gif

Sponsored Links:
22nd Sep, 2008 - 8:01pm / Post ID: #

Country World Third Considered Trinidad Why

I just came back from Barbados and I would rate it higher than T&T any day!
Barbados does not have natural resources like T&T but it has human capital that it put to excellent, use which allows it to be an investment opportunity for business.
If anyone is going to Barbados soon, or if you are just passing through. pick up "Business Barbados 2008" a free publication showcasing the opportunities availabe within the country!

You can compare what is standard of that publication with what T&T has to offer.
No doubt T&T has excellent resources but infrastructure is lacking to present ourselves to the 'world". Here is another paradigm! heck out the hotels in Barbados and copmare with the scale of T&T, as tourist destination. Ask some questions like "Are the accomodations the same, equal, superior and why does the disparity exist when we have more natural resources?

Post Date: 24th Sep, 2008 - 2:05pm / Post ID: #

Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Name: Django

Comments: It is simple we are not patriots as we would [like to] think.

24th Sep, 2008 - 4:48pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Country World Third Considered Trinidad Why

I just came back from Barbados and I would rate it higher than T&T any day!
Barbados does not have natural resources like T&T but it has human capital that it put to excellent, use which allows it to be an investment opportunity for business.
If anyone is going to Barbados soon, or if you are just passing through. pick up "Business Barbados 2008" a free publication showcasing the opportunities availabe within the country!

I suppose Barbados is probably the wealthiest black society in the world. Even still though, the Bajan economy is not that diverse. Any major drop in tourist numbers and their economy would suffer. PNM say they want to diversify the Trinidad economy but I don't know if the Bajan government wants to as well.

Italy and Japan became two of the major world economies without having much natural resources. I think that position is a bit of a fallacy.

26th Sep, 2008 - 4:00am / Post ID: #

Country World Third Considered Trinidad Why

Oh no no no you misunderstood...I don't have a problem with the present government ...really I don't. I mean here we have a person who has a goal for this country, if I say vision it will be ridiculed more, but to make an omelet people think we shouldn't break any eggs. Now lets say that Manning and the PNM steps down tomorrow...ok now what? Lets us assume that Panday and the UNC steps in or even Dookeran and the COP, heck lets say they come together and make the new government...fascinating. Are there anybody here on this forum or Trinidad or any other part of the world who is going to tell me that this new government is going to say, 'OK this mansion that Manning built, let's give it to the people, lets make it a rehab centre or clinic or kindergarten even...anyone? No? Ok that port they building in Port of Spain, its too big, lets cut it down to size...' What I am trying to say is that all this yelling about corruption and becoming dictator and all that for me is just a lot of hot air being blown up people's behind here in Trinidad. As I said earlier in this forum, the reason we are third world is because we like it so, not the best ambition or thought you say, well maybe when the rest of the world stop telling us what to do or what we should do, then we can move forward, or even not move at all but you know what? That is still our choice and guess what? We are living with it. Maybe Trinidad is not ready for First World status, ever thought about that?

Post Date: 26th Nov, 2008 - 1:32pm / Post ID: #

Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country?
A Friend

My dear Trinis who are reading this, we are not a developed country in anyway. (the term "developed" is used more than first world, please visit vision2020.info.tt) As I continue I would like to point out that according to the World Bank as of 2008, Trinidad and Tobago is a high income country that is, we have a Gross National Income per capita higher than US $11,456. By the way, there are at least 33 other countries that are considered advanced economies AND high income earners. THEREFORE one of our reasons for being a developing country, CANNOT be lack of money. It is our low scores on scales such as the quality of life scale, the human resource index scale, our crime rate, and generally the mentality of our people towards issues such as littering, driving reckless, work ethic, moral ethic towards how we vote, just to name a few. Bottom line, our society itself, is not advanced.

To cat 1979, the following are the top 3 richest Caribbean countries-:
1 THE bahamas
2 Trinidad and Tobago
3 Barbados

Source: the CIA world fact book, re: aneki.com

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Check your spelling. Please use uppercase letters as appropriate: names, start of sentence, etc. See Constructive Posting Policy.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 17th Dec, 2008 - 4:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Why Trinidad Considered Third World Country - Page 3

My big problem is the roads in T&T. Highways have traffic lights, they taking so darn long to build the interchange and it have traffic everywhere!

25th Nov, 2009 - 12:35am / Post ID: #

Why Trinidad Considered Third World Country Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 3

It is easy to see why Trinidad can be considered a Third World country - just look at the majority of comments made about what the "best", "good", and "nice" is of Trinidad and you will notice frivolous items that does not include things like "honor", "productivity", "education", etc. In fact I am reminded more so when I walk the pavement and smell the feces and garbage stuffing the gutters, our County / City Councils seem to have trouble cleaning. Don't worry though, just wait for a Summit and during that brief period it will all be cleaned for the foreigners coming.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,