Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country? - Page 4 of 7

Name: Dustin Country: Comments: A walk through - Page 4 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 31st Jul, 2011 - 2:30am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Post Date: 25th Nov, 2009 - 1:32am / Post ID: #

Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country?
A Friend

Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country? - Page 4

What is the definition of Third World? Depending on who you ask, you may several different definitions. French demographer Alfred Sauvy coined the term.

By Sauvy's definition, Trinidad will always be a third world country. It is nothing to be ashamed of. Sauvy broke down the countries of the world into three categories, 1. Industrialized countries. 2. Communist countries, and 3. Third world countries.

Most of the countries that fall into the third world category are poor countries, but a country like Kuwait, which is one of the wealthiest countries in the world is also by Sauvy's definition a third world country.

Some critics have also noted a race element into Sauver's labelling. Most of the so called first world countries are white governed countries. So the question begs itself, why should we as Trinidadians allow ourselves to be labelled and judged by someone else's standards? I wouldn't. Who cares if they call us third world?

As a Christian, I can tell you I am far more proud of us a people who can live in harmony with one another despite our racial, religious and socio-economic differences.

Sponsored Links:
25th Nov, 2009 - 1:47am / Post ID: #

Country World Third Considered Trinidad Why

international QUOTE (Ruffcutt)
So the question begs itself, why should we as Trinidadians allow ourselves to be labelled and judged by someone else's standards? I wouldn't. Who cares if they call us third world?

You are obviously out of touch with what is going on in the country. The PM here cares a lot, the politicians who rule the country seem to be most interested on how everyone on the outside sees things. The government has a big drive for 2020 where they claim Trinidad & Tobago will become a FIRST world nation, and Manning is very adamant about it happening within a decade, so maybe you should ask him what his definition is and when we 'reach' there how we will know it. Until then I walk the streets and know exactly what to look for.

25th Nov, 2009 - 1:52am / Post ID: #

Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Trinidad is a third world country because the people don't really care about the country as they say they do. Basically because of their mentality, very basic minded and lack of ambition.

Post Date: 25th Nov, 2009 - 1:54am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 4 Country World Third Considered Trinidad Why

If you believe what Patrick Manning is claiming, then I would like to sell you a pet rock. They are very lovable 'creatures' and they provide warm and comfortable companionship. [..]

Personally I don't care for us to be like any so called first world nation. Rather, I would prefer for us to be the best we can be. Let us optimize our resources and make Trinidad and Tobago a model nation.

Have you seen how some of these first world countries treat their minority citizens? I don't want that for us.

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: All Discussion is Public, do not ask Members to contact you by Email or other methods. See Constructive Posting Policy

25th Nov, 2009 - 1:59am / Post ID: #

Country World Third Considered Trinidad Why

international QUOTE (ruffcutt @ 24-Nov 09, 8:54 PM)
Have you seen how some of these first world countries treat their minority citizens? I don't want that for us.

You're really out of touch man. Have you seen the issue with the Chinese workers? Trinidad is doing the same thing that Americans are doing to Mexicans with the difference that these Chinese folks are legal in the country.

Trinidad has a long road to reach first world status and unless the people take responsibility for their actions and change their mentality, it's not going to happen anytime soon.

Post Date: 25th Nov, 2009 - 2:05am / Post ID: #

A Friend

What does the Chinese workers in Trinidad have to do with this?

I keep up with current events in Trinidad, and I not aware of any attempt by the goverment to suppress these individuals. You may have to express your self a little clearer or perhaps bring some solid evidence to support your assertions.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Nov, 2009 - 2:26am / Post ID: #

Why Trinidad Considered Third World Country - Page 4

international QUOTE (Ruffcutt)
If you believe what Patrick Manning is claiming, then I would like to sell you a pet rock.

I never said anything about believing him. You asked who cares if Trinidad is called a third world country and I told you who did, now if you don't care then there is no need to give more input into the Topic. Each Thread is based on the FIRST Post which in this case was a list of what is some of the problems in the country, you may want to look over that and follow along rather than hijack it into your school of thought. If you have something unique you want to state then start a new Thread.

Rather off topic, but...
Most of your Posts are either deleted or edited. Read the Constructive Posting Policy for crying out loud.

Post Date: 31st Jul, 2011 - 2:30am / Post ID: #

Why Trinidad Considered Third World Country Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 4

Name: Dustin

Comments: A walk through Port of Spain will tell anyone why this is a third world country... Dirty streets, clogged drains, flooding for a little bit of rain, vagrants everywhere, buildings that look like they need demolishing, street vendors, hustlers... Do I need to continue?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 

> TOPIC: Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,