Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country? - Page 2 of 7

uhmmm you did read the rest of my post didn't - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 10th Sep, 2008 - 5:36am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »
30th Aug, 2008 - 11:52am / Post ID: #

Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country? - Page 2

I think one thing holding us back is laziness. People aren't really that productive enough, and certainly not at a level to just sustain first world status let alone achieve it.

LDS_forever:

Interesting way of measuring first world status

Why? I'd think a good proportion in Trinidad live as many in first world countries do. In an African country, would a good proportion have access to the internet, home appliances, cable/satellite TV, cars, etc.? Not really.

Sponsored Links:
30th Aug, 2008 - 11:59am / Post ID: #

Country World Third Considered Trinidad Why

QUOTE (ca1979 @ 30-Aug 08, 7:52 AM)
I'd think a good proportion in Trinidad live as many in first world countries do.

Aren't you staying in Arima? What is there about Arima that may remind you of the lifestyle of a first world country? spock.gif

This is like seeing Westmoorings or Goodwood Park and say that's how Trinidad is.
This is like to see Gabrielle Walcott and say that's how Trini women look like.

Get my point?

Yes, some Trinis live the good life like in a first world country but a "good" proportion? No way! A tiny, tiny minority.

In an African country, would a good proportion have access to the internet, home appliances, cable/satellite TV, cars, etc.? Not really.

You see Trinis with the latest cars but living in a shack or by auntie...

You see Trinis with the latest phone but stopping by the Beetham....

You see Trinis with cable but they are hooked illegally from someone who do pay the bill....

Oh please, don't let me go on.

30th Aug, 2008 - 12:40pm / Post ID: #

Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

OK, but as I said there is a lot of inequality in the country. I don't think that's so contentious.

Post Date: 31st Aug, 2008 - 4:17am / Post ID: #

Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country?
A Friend

Page 2 Country World Third Considered Trinidad Why

It is because your island is full of third world people that drag the rest of you down. Did I say it? Oh, I think I just did.

Stop your crying and overthrow your corrupt government and reestablish rules and principles (A good constitution) that make a good country.

What does trinidad produce? A country always has to produce more than they consume in order to be a successful country. That is what is wrong with the USA.

You have to get beyond the tourist/entertaining curse that the caribbean islands are in.

As someone mentioned before. Debts are killers.

Did that tick anyone off? Don't care.

Reconcile Edited: Quasar on 31st Aug, 2008 - 4:36am

31st Aug, 2008 - 4:02pm / Post ID: #

Country World Third Considered Trinidad Why

Trinidad and Tobago isn't that much of a tourist destination, compared to the Bajans or Antigua at least.

We do produce, but this is mainly oil and gas, and even the government now are recognising that the economy needs to be diversified. And I think our biggest economic problem is that people are lazy. They care more about partying and wolfing down KFC than getting their heads down and working.

10th Sep, 2008 - 4:25am / Post ID: #

Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country?

Excuse me but you all are talking about Trinidad right? One simple answer. No past government had to brass to set us in the direction of First World status and we the people couldn't care less. When Manning announced 2020 vision, it was mocked and ridiculed, was the jokes of many. If the status of a country is dependent on it production over its consumption, then the US would be lower than Third World status and I really don't think a person who's president uses weapons of mass destruction to look for weapons of mass destruction and promising peace by declaring war, can tell me to get rid of my corrupt government. Let me keep my tiefing Prime Minister over the devil in Bush clothing any day....

oppps did I say that out loud? Couldn't care less...and no I am not ticked off, I will have to care first...

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
10th Sep, 2008 - 4:34am / Post ID: #

Why Trinidad Considered Third World Country - Page 2

QUOTE (lordryoko @ 10-Sep 08, 12:25 AM)
Let me keep my tiefing Prime Minister over the devil in Bush clothing any day....

This statement alone is one of the many reasons Trinidad still a third world country.

10th Sep, 2008 - 5:36am / Post ID: #

Why Trinidad Considered Third World Country Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 2

uhmmm you did read the rest of my post didn't you? That was all that jumped out at you? I guess we do deserve to be Third World. Damned if I do and damned if I don't eh?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (7) »

> TOPIC: Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,