Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country? - Page 2 of 6

uhmmm you did read the rest of my post didn't - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 10th Sep, 2008 - 5:36am

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Add Reply QReply
Post Date: 30th Aug, 2008 - 11:52am / Post ID: #

Member - Graced
[?] CPosts: 146
Avg: 0.0 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 0.9%
[+] Gain: 200.00 FP
Charm: -1

Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country? - Page 2

I think one thing holding us back is laziness. People aren't really that productive enough, and certainly not at a level to just sustain first world status let alone achieve it.

LDS_forever:

Interesting way of measuring first world status

Why? I'd think a good proportion in Trinidad live as many in first world countries do. In an African country, would a good proportion have access to the internet, home appliances, cable/satellite TV, cars, etc.? Not really.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Aug, 2008 - 11:59am / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 17,344
Avg: 3.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 87.4%
[+] Gain: 1,229.06 FP
Charm: 336

Country World Third Considered Trinidad Why

QUOTE (ca1979 @ 30-Aug 08, 7:52 AM)
I'd think a good proportion in Trinidad live as many in first world countries do.

Aren't you staying in Arima? What is there about Arima that may remind you of the lifestyle of a first world country? :spock:

This is like seeing Westmoorings or Goodwood Park and say that's how Trinidad is.
This is like to see Gabrielle Walcott and say that's how Trini women look like.

Get my point?

Yes, some Trinis live the good life like in a first world country but a "good" proportion? No way! A tiny, tiny minority.

In an African country, would a good proportion have access to the internet, home appliances, cable/satellite TV, cars, etc.? Not really.

You see Trinis with the latest cars but living in a shack or by auntie...

You see Trinis with the latest phone but stopping by the Beetham....

You see Trinis with cable but they are hooked illegally from someone who do pay the bill....

Oh please, don't let me go on.

Post Date: 30th Aug, 2008 - 12:40pm / Post ID: #

Member - Graced

Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

OK, but as I said there is a lot of inequality in the country. I don't think that's so contentious.

Post Date: 31st Aug, 2008 - 4:17am / Post ID: #

Quasar
Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country?
A Friend

Page 2 Country World Third Considered Trinidad Why

It is because your island is full of third world people that drag the rest of you down. Did I say it? Oh, I think I just did.

Stop your crying and overthrow your corrupt government and reestablish rules and principles (A good constitution) that make a good country.

What does trinidad produce? A country always has to produce more than they consume in order to be a successful country. That is what is wrong with the USA.

You have to get beyond the tourist/entertaining curse that the caribbean islands are in.

As someone mentioned before. Debts are killers.

Did that tick anyone off? Don't care.

Attached Image Edited: Quasar on 31st Aug, 2008 - 4:36am

Post Date: 31st Aug, 2008 - 4:02pm / Post ID: #

Member - Graced

Country World Third Considered Trinidad Why

Trinidad and Tobago isn't that much of a tourist destination, compared to the Bajans or Antigua at least.

We do produce, but this is mainly oil and gas, and even the government now are recognising that the economy needs to be diversified. And I think our biggest economic problem is that people are lazy. They care more about partying and wolfing down KFC than getting their heads down and working.

Post Date: 10th Sep, 2008 - 4:25am / Post ID: #

Member Writer
[?] CPosts: 222
Activity: 1.3%
[+] Gain: 213.97 FP
Charm: 11

Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country?

Excuse me but you all are talking about Trinidad right? One simple answer. No past government had to brass to set us in the direction of First World status and we the people couldn't care less. When Manning announced 2020 vision, it was mocked and ridiculed, was the jokes of many. If the status of a country is dependent on it production over its consumption, then the US would be lower than Third World status and I really don't think a person who's president uses weapons of mass destruction to look for weapons of mass destruction and promising peace by declaring war, can tell me to get rid of my corrupt government. Let me keep my tiefing Prime Minister over the devil in Bush clothing any day....

oppps did I say that out loud? Couldn't care less...and no I am not ticked off, I will have to care first...

Post Date: 10th Sep, 2008 - 4:34am / Post ID: #

Dia. Mod + Chief Mod
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 17,344
Avg: 3.4 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 87.4%
[+] Gain: 1,229.06 FP
Charm: 336

Page 2 Why Trinidad Considered Third World Country

QUOTE (lordryoko @ 10-Sep 08, 12:25 AM)
Let me keep my tiefing Prime Minister over the devil in Bush clothing any day....

This statement alone is one of the many reasons Trinidad still a third world country.

Post Date: 10th Sep, 2008 - 5:36am / Post ID: #

Member Writer
[?] CPosts: 222
Activity: 1.3%
[+] Gain: 213.97 FP
Charm: 11

Why Trinidad Considered Third World Country - Page 2

uhmmm you did read the rest of my post didn't you? That was all that jumped out at you? I guess we do deserve to be Third World. Damned if I do and damned if I don't eh?

Post Date: Sat Jan 18, 2020 - 8:28:51 GMT / Post ID: #

History

Why Trinidad Considered Third World Country - Page 2

We break from Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country? to share wisdom from one historian to you:
HistoricToday is: 18th January (GMT), in history on the 18th of January, 1911 AD the following birth happened:
Gabor Darvas: Composer

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Sponsored Links:

Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country?

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2020
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,

T&T Latest

Current Trinidad & Tobago related Discussion from our Community:

Highlights

Why Is Trinidad Considered A Third World Country?: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 11th Dec, 2019 - 12:45am
Sexual Harassment in Trinidad & Tobago: The way our women are harassed is deplorable, there is no respect for women in T&T! By JB 18th Jul, 2019 - 12:43am
Wearing Camouflage Colors In Trinidad & Tobago: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By Callaloo 5th Jun, 2019 - 7:46pm
Trinidad & Tobago's Crime Problem: Open Discussion on the crime situation in T&T By CocoaEyes 31st May, 2019 - 9:40pm
Kidnappings in Trinidad: At one time kidnappings for ransom happened almost daily. Its not the case anymore, why? By News 17th Apr, 2019 - 7:59pm
Human Trafficking In Trinidad?: Human trafficking in T&T is more prevalent that we may know. By News 12th Aug, 2018 - 3:28pm
Violent Crime In Trinidad & Tobago: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 30th Apr, 2018 - 2:09pm
Terrorism In Trinidad & Tobago: Are groups like ISIS and Al Qaeda working in T&T? By News 9th Feb, 2018 - 10:33pm
Trinidad & Tobago Inflation At 10%: Do Trinis understand economics or they do not care? By JoePublic 23rd Nov, 2017 - 10:16am
Trinidad & Tobago Taxation - Tax - Taxes: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 16th Nov, 2017 - 3:50pm
How Good is Trinidad & Tobago to Live?: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 6th Nov, 2017 - 1:47pm
Trinidad State Of Emergency In Crime Hot Spots: What are your thoughts on this T&T related subject? By JoePublic 27th Apr, 2017 - 10:49pm