Nancy Pelosi - Page 2 of 12

OHHH...to be a fly on the wall. Speaker of - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th Feb, 2009 - 4:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (12) »

USA First Female Speaker of the House
Post Date: 16th Nov, 2007 - 8:02am / Post ID: #

Nancy Pelosi
A Friend

Nancy Pelosi - Page 2

She was instrumental in making it bloody hard to own a gun in her state, almost impossible to carry one, and stiffening the pennalties for strawman purchases. It strikes me as being beyond hypocritical that she did all three of them. If it were someone else, she'd be pushing for their arrest.
I think she was serious about the defending herself from other gun owners line, and that makes me concerned. Here's a what if: Pelosi sees someone with a legally concealed firearm, and assumes it's one of those right wing gun nuts out to get her. She pulls her pistol and fires on the person. She would probably use her position to get away with it, because she would still think of herself in the right, or that the legal system doesn't apply to her.

Sponsored Links:
16th Nov, 2007 - 8:18am / Post ID: #

Pelosi Nancy

Politicians have shown that there are many in their grips that have what I like to call "selective reality" or rather that there are "rules for you the masses and another set for us lawmakers". As for the "what if", hopefully, Mrs Pelosi remembers her concealed/carry training and is actually sure that they ARE a threat and that if so, she successfully uses deadly force. Because if she doesn't, she is going to have her hands full.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 16th Nov, 2007 - 8:20am

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 16th Nov, 2007 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

Nancy Pelosi
A Friend

Nancy Pelosi History & Civil Business Politics

In every gun control persons heart of hearts, they don't really want gun control. They know that if they are ever threatened, they want the right to defend themselves however they can. I personally don't feel the need for a gun, and because I have kids, won't keep a dangerous weapon in the house. That doesn't mean I think gun control is a good idea. Its about individual liberty to protect oneself, and Pelosi knows that, she just doesn't want to admit it out loud because like all people in Washington, she is a party line toadie who won't stray from her party line politics.

Post Date: 19th Aug, 2008 - 9:31pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 2 Pelosi Nancy

Nancy Pelosi solves energy crisis

Glenn talks to an official Obama advisor who says that Nancy Pelosi is directly responsible for the recent drop in gas prices. The advisor, Honkey Whitesville, argues that Pelosi put her own interests behind her in an amazingly selfless manner in order for the good of Americans everywhere. Find out what she allegedly did: Source 2

Post Date: 6th Nov, 2008 - 2:17am / Post ID: #

Pelosi Nancy

Pelosi Defeats Cindy Sheehan to Win 12th Term
By ERICA WERNER

Pelosi was elected to a 12th House term representing San Francisco with 71.56 percent of the vote, compared to 17.19 percent for Sheehan, with 67 percent of precincts reporting.
Ref. Source 8

Post Date: 6th Nov, 2008 - 2:31pm / Post ID: #

Nancy Pelosi
A Friend

Nancy Pelosi

Isn't this Sheehan person the one who went around and protested at the killed in action soldiers funerals? I am glad that she was not voted in I would hate to have seen what she would try to do as a senator.

I hope Ms. Pelosi gets some of the things the democrats promised us two years ago done.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Feb, 2009 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

Nancy Pelosi - Page 2

Pelosi rushes vote - for Euro vaca

There's not much else you can say to describe the agonizing events surrounding this craptastic spending bill other than Nancy Pelosi sucks. This time it's because she rushed the vote on nearly 1,071 page stimulus so she can jet off to Europe. Not only have Democrats already broken their promise to give 48 hours consideration to any major bill - they are about to pass the biggest spending bill in the history of the planet, without even reading it. Glenn crunches the numbers on how fast those voting would have to read the bill in order to finish before the vote and even has his voice digitally sped up to see if it's possible to finish the bill on time. The results aren't pretty. Ref. Source 8

18th Feb, 2009 - 4:14am / Post ID: #

Nancy Pelosi Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

OHHH...to be a fly on the wall. Speaker of the House Pelosi will be having a little meeting with the Pope. Since Pope Benedict was the head of the Congregation of Faith (which cleared up any misconceptions about a great many social issues), I am sure that he will be delighted to give Mrs Pelosi some guideance on a topic she recently discussed on Meet the Press:

MR. BROKAW:  Senator Obama saying the question of when life begins is above his pay grade, whether you're looking at it scientifically or theologically. If he were to come to you and say, "Help me out here, Madame Speaker.  When does life begin?" what would you tell him?

REP. PELOSI:  I would say that as an ardent, practicing Catholic, this is an issue that I have studied for a long time.  And what I know is, over the centuries, the doctors of the church have not been able to make that definition.  And Senator--St. Augustine said at three months.  We don't know. The point is, is that it shouldn't have an impact on the woman's right to choose.  Roe v. Wade talks about very clear definitions of when the child--first trimester, certain considerations; second trimester; not so third trimester.  There's very clear distinctions.  This isn't about abortion on demand, it's about a careful, careful consideration of all factors and--to--that a woman has to make with her doctor and her god.  And so I don't think anybody can tell you when life begins, human life begins.  As I say, the Catholic Church for centuries has been discussing this, and there are those who've decided...

MR. BROKAW:  The Catholic Church at the moment feels very strongly that it...

REP. PELOSI:  I understand that.

MR. BROKAW:  ...begins at the point of conception.

REP. PELOSI:  I understand.  And this is like maybe 50 years or something like that.  So again, over the history of the church, this is an issue of controversy.  But it is, it is also true that God has given us, each of us, a free will and a responsibility to answer for our actions.  And we want abortions to be safe, rare, and reduce the number of abortions.  That's why we have this fight in Congress over contraception.  My Republican colleagues do not support contraception.  If you want to reduce the number of abortions, and we all do, we must--it would behoove you to support family planning and, and contraception, you would think.  But that is not the case.  So we have to take--you know, we have to handle this as respectfully--this is sacred ground. We have to handle it very respectfully and not politicize it, as it has been--and I'm not saying Rick Warren did, because I don't think he did, but others will try to.

I have this feeling that Cardinal Ratzinger did a good deal of studying himself about the subject before he inked the Official Catholic stance on abortion. As a Catholic, if you believe in the church's teachings and stances, her opinion on abortion and ability to influence it on a grand scale will end up in lots of purgatory time! I could pick the entire statement apart for all of its ironies, but why waste my time...this is why I typically feel so dirty after listening to politicians speak.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (12) »

> TOPIC: Nancy Pelosi

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,