Do Mormons Support War? - Page 2 of 3

War is something Mormans are going to have - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 3rd Sep, 2012 - 5:03am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
18th Nov, 2008 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

Do Mormons Support War? - Page 2

Did the Mormon church support the war in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Sponsored Links:
18th Nov, 2008 - 9:15pm / Post ID: #

War Support Mormons Do

There was no official position, but we were asked to pray for our soldier's safety and pray that our leaders would be blessed with inspiration to do the right thing.

2nd Dec, 2009 - 8:00pm / Post ID: #

Do Mormons Support War? Studies Doctrine Mormon

Doctrinally, Mormons do support war for a just cause. Such causes can include helping another country and people even if there is no direct threat to the helping nation (who is my neighbor?).

Of course ultimately we teach that war is a last resort and should be avoided. When we have reached the point of last resort is not always clear but in the case of Iraq and Afghanistan, I personally think US was just fine in this regard.

At the resumption of the Iraq war, President Gordon B. Hinkley essentially put his stamp of approval on it as well as elucidating more on the doctrine of war:

Gordon B. Hinckley, "War and Peace," Liahona, May 2003, 78-81

Would've given you a link but the board seems to prevent both that and a text copy of it. You'll have to go to the lds site and look it up I guess.

Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2009 - 5:28am / Post ID: #

Do Mormons Support War?
A Friend

Page 2 War Support Mormons Do

I think if america is being invaded, of course! During WW2 the church was encouraging young men to enlist instead of doing a mission.

If it has to do with invading other countries then I wonder if it varies on the situation. Alot of innocent people die. During the invasion of Iraq there was alot of bad intelligenc and because of it there where times where they would drop a bomb on a little village where there was nothing but some women and children and it was supposedly an insurgent hideout.

8th Jun, 2010 - 11:22pm / Post ID: #

War Support Mormons Do

Its been a long time since Pres. Hinckley gave his support for the Bush wars. I wonder how Pres. Monson feels about it?

Post Date: 30th Aug, 2012 - 8:24pm / Post ID: #

Do Mormons Support War?

Name: Mike

Title: War & the Republican

Comments: If you watch the speech of MacCain & Rice at the RNC you can clearly see the republicans plan on going to war (as they always do). How is Mitt going to be a war president and a Mormon? Will he ask young Mormon men to skip their mission and sign up to the US military so they can fight for their country? I don't think so... It's always easy to send other peoples kids to die, how about he put his son on the front line? In the line of fire! Maybe than I may believe he is in it to win it not just a big fake.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Sep, 2012 - 2:13am / Post ID: #

Do Mormons Support War - Page 2

Name: Bono

Title: Mormons and military

Comments: I was in the Us Air Force in 1980. There was two Mormons in my basic training flight. Neither one would pick up or fire a weapon nor were they made to, citing religion.

3rd Sep, 2012 - 5:03am / Post ID: #

Do Mormons Support War Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

War is something Mormans are going to have to face. Our country has by far the strongest most active military in the world. If Mormans plan to be leaders, they must face these tough decisions.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Do Mormons Support War?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,