Barack Obama - Page 9 of 30

Barack Obama's Pro-Abortion Baby is - Page 9 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 5th Apr, 2008 - 4:29am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 30 pgs.  5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  ...Latest (30) »
Closed
Barack Obama
USA As President of the USA
31st Mar, 2008 - 3:05am / Post ID: #

Barack Obama - Page 9

After the beating that Hillary took just before the Texas and Ohio Primaries, she needed a huge win there to take back the lead and control of the race. If there was dirt, she needed a BIG HELPING of it then. The simple math shows that she is so far behind right now, that she needs to beat Obama by like 80/20 in Pennsylvannia and the rest of the way to the nomination and she still needs the superdelegates to go overwhelmingly in her favor (backroom politics).

Basically, she now has to play backroom politics to get the nomination. Those are the type that a media smear really doesnt effect too much.

Remember, her husband admitted to a longterm affair with Jennifer Flowers just before the election. Bill's past is not going to help her smear this guy because they will always be looking at Bill's actions in comparison. So unless, it turns out that Obama is like a major pimp of Chicago, I really don't see much mud coming his way.

They really need to keep hammering that preacher. Keep the sermons in the news and follow how he got the cash for a 1.3 million dollar house and a 10 million dollar loan. Now there is something Bill has not done!

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Sponsored Links:
31st Mar, 2008 - 3:33am / Post ID: #

Obama Barack

Sounds like you are already giving Obama the tide of the Democrats?

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3215 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

31st Mar, 2008 - 8:27am / Post ID: #

Barack Obama History & Civil Business Politics

It is kind of funny that I have to look at a few websites to get the real picture. I suspect that is because when I do get it, there really isnt a need for story after story about how important the next primary is and how it is make or break for either side...because it really isnt:

Current numbers are as follows for delegates (2024 needed to win):

Obama 1625
Clinton 1495

There is a 130 delegate difference between the 2 candidates right now. So, what is left to get and make a few guesses along the way:

Remaining Primary Delegates (state votes) 566

For Hillary to come back to even with Obama after all the state races, she needs: 77% of the vote from each of those states. This is not likely to happen given the past outcomes from state voting. That just brings her back to even with Obama as well, she would then have to get more of the remaining 258 superdelegates that are undeclared.

So, let's just say that things go as they are now and that the vote will be about 50/50 for the remaining 566. That would give us the following:

Obama 1908
Clinton 1778

Now, you need 2024 to take the nomination. So that leaves Clinton 246 shy of the minimum. As of the moment, there are 258 undeclared superdelegates. She would have to take 95% of all the remaining superdelegates or have a significant defection of Obama superdelegates.

The math doesn't lie! This has been Obama's race to lose for quite a while now and trust me...team Clinton is well aware of the numbers. On the other hand, Obama will not be able to win this outright unless he gets a few of those superdelegates.

https://demconwatch.blogspot.com/2008/03/de...de-by-july.html

Interesting that I just read the article above where Howard Dean is asking for the superdelegates to declare well before the DNC Convention. I think this would be a smart idea for the democrats so that it can look like it was their vote that pushed a candidate over the top and not a superdelegate vote.

Reconcile Edited: Vincenzo on 31st Mar, 2008 - 8:34am

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2008 - 10:07pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Page 9 Obama Barack

The Obama Bus Tour

It was a return to retail politics today for Democratic presidential hopeful Barack Obama, as he embarked on the second day of his six-day tour of Pennsylvania. He's hoping to ramp up support before the state's primaries on April 22nd. But it's his opponent, Hillary Clinton, also campaigning in the Keystone state today, who is leading by double digits in state polls. She may be trailing Obama in the delegate count, but she says she is in it to win it.
Ref. ABC Nightline

1st Apr, 2008 - 12:52am / Post ID: #

Obama Barack

In Johnstown, Pennsylvania Obama* stated:

"Look, I got two daughters - 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first about values and morals, but if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby. I don't want them punished with an STD at age 16, so it doesn't make sense to not give them information."

Now Obama is saying having a baby is a punishment. This is going to be gold for Mccain in the General Election.

*Obama and the burden of progeny
As quoted by Ken Marotte

International Level: Politician / Political Participation: 109 ActivistPoliticianPolitician 10.9%

Post Date: 2nd Apr, 2008 - 7:56am / Post ID: #

Barack Obama

Pro-Life Groups Bash Barack Obama For "Don't Punish With a Baby" Comment

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama is drawing more fire today for his comment that his daughters shouldn't be "punished" with a baby should they become pregnant as teenagers. Pro-life groups say Obama's comments are hurtful when it comes to stopping both teen pregnancies and abortions. In recent remarks during a Pennsylvania campaign stop, Obama responded to a question about AIDS and meandered his way into talking about teen pregnancy. The Illinois senator said: "I've got two daughters, 9 years old and 6 years old. I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby." Concerned Women for America president Wendy Wright responded in a statement sent to LifeNews.com. Despite her group's desire to see a reduce in the number of teen pregnancies, Wright made it clear that castigating mothers and condemning their babies to abortion is not the answer. "Stigmatizing the babies conceived by teenagers is not the way to reduce teen pregnancies. Instead, it provides an excuse for aborting them," she said. "Regardless of their parentage, all human beings should be treated with respect and dignity," Wright explained.
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/nat3831.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Apr, 2008 - 12:40pm / Post ID: #

Barack Obama - Page 9

I can't believe he said that! What a major gaffe.... I'm surprised this wasn't reported more widely, but who can tell what "the media" will decide is important these days?

International Level: Ambassador / Political Participation: 595 ActivistPoliticianAmbassador 59.5%

Post Date: 5th Apr, 2008 - 4:29am / Post ID: #

Barack Obama Politics Business Civil & History - Page 9

Barack Obama's Pro-Abortion Baby is "Punishment" Comment Upsets Black Leader

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- An African-American pro-life leader says she's very upset to hear of the recent remarks pro-abortion Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama made recently. Obama shocked pro-life advocates when he said he wouldn't want his young daughters "punished" with a baby should they become pregnant as teenagers. "I am going to teach them first of all about values and morals. But if they make a mistake, I don't want them punished with a baby," Obama said. Day Gardner, the president of the National Black Pro-Life Union, told LifeNews.com on Thursday she's blown away by Obama's comment. Gardner worries Americans will be "punished" with a president who won't stand up for the lives of all people, either before or after birth. "I will never call a baby a 'mistake,'" the former Miss America finalist said. "We are all put here for a reason. But that aside, aren't we supposed to help our children learn from their 'mistakes?'" she asked. "The consequences or circumstances a young woman may face with an unplanned pregnancy need not include the cruel and vicious killing of her child," Gardner explained.
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/nat3835.html

> TOPIC: Barack Obama

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,