Vindra Naipaul-Coolman Murder Case - Page 7 of 10

What do we really KNOW about this case? We - Page 7 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 6th Oct, 2007 - 12:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Top  Vindra Naipaul-Coolman Murder Case 2006 Kidnap / Murder Victim
15th May, 2007 - 1:38am / Post ID: #

Vindra Naipaul-Coolman Murder Case - Page 7

Some thoughts:

1. With forensics playing a big part will kidnappers / murders think twice now about committing such heinous crimes?

2. I am interested to know what the nine they arrested will say about who hired them.

3. The woman who was blackmailing Coolman was also from Diego Martin - that place seems to be getting worst than Sealots!

It would be good if Mr. Coolman could give us some feedback here.

Sponsored Links:
15th May, 2007 - 5:08pm / Post ID: #

Case Murder Naipaul-Coolman Vindra

1. With forensics playing a big part will kidnappers / murders think twice now about committing such heinous crimes?

Not sure, I do not think they use this type of technology for every kidnapping/murder case. They rushed the findings to a London lab for confirmation but how many times they do that in other cases?

2. I am interested to know what the nine they arrested will say about who hired them.

Why someone has to hired them? They are all "buddies" or related to each other, they probably thought they would make a lot of money out of this kidnapping until one of them shot Vindra and "ruined" their whole plan.

The murder accused, Shervon Peters wants a speed trial according to the Express:

FIVE months of rumours, suspicion, searching, public outcry, prayers and blame over the XtraFoods chief executive officer Vindra Naipaul-Coolman reached a turning point yesterday with the appearance of nine men at the Port of Spain Magistrates' Court.

And one of the nine charged with the murder of kidnap victim Naipaul-Coolman turned spokesman for all the accused to request a speedy preliminary enquiry.

"We are all brethren here, right, Miss, and we either have children or have children to come," was what Shervon Peters used as the basis for his argument to Senior Magistrate Lianne Lee Kim for a quick enquiry so "this could go to the High Court".

The accused murderers- Peters, 20, Keida Garcia, brothers Marlon, 22, and Earl, 30, Trimmingham, Ronald Armstrong, Antonio Charles, Joey Lewis, Akeil Keron Glaster and Joel Fraser-are all from Upper La Puerta, Diego Martin.

In response to Peters's concern, Lee Kim told him that while she was adjourning the matter to Wednesday, it did not mean that the State will be ready to start.

She said the matter will start when attorneys for both sides indicate their readiness to do so.

Moments before, a crowd, mostly relatives and friends of the accused, media persons and curious members of the public gathered outside the Court on St Vincent Street, anxiously awaiting the arrival of the nine men who were brought in a prison truck around 9.30 a.m.

Lee Kim read the indictable charge when they stood before her which accuses them of murdering Naipaul-Coolman at Upper La Puerta, Diego Martin between December 18, 2006 and May 9, 2007.

They were not called upon to plead and Lee Kim told them that the offence was not bailable....

19th May, 2007 - 8:41pm / Post ID: #

Vindra Naipaul-Coolman Murder Case Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Rather off topic, but...
There are times in my life that I am unable to determine which emotion would be appropriate for certain situations; I am unsure whether I should laugh or start crying at the things that people say.

Earlier this week, Mrs Coolman's kidnappers were demanding for a "speedy trial" since they had families to look after. Then, I could not believe that the mastermind behind the kidnapping and death of Mrs Coolman, Mr Allan Martin, claims that he was "set up" by the police and he is innocent. I am wondering if these criminals understand the seriousness of their actions? They have not only taken the life of a human being who has done nothing to them but also, they have caused a great deal of pain, suffering and trauma to the victim's family and loved ones. I guess morality is on the verge on extinction!

In my opinion, these criminals believe as they were so "noble enough" to surrender themselves to the police, they should be rewarded for their consideration! Everyone knows that the only reason why these criminals are suddenly coming forward is because they are running scared since someone else (the notorious Mr Big) is currently threatening to kill every one of them!

Reconcile Edited: Geenie on 19th May, 2007 - 8:44pm

8th Aug, 2007 - 6:43pm / Post ID: #

Page 7 Case Murder Naipaul-Coolman Vindra

So what is the latest with this case? This is the thing with this country, you get the men and then it takes decades to convict them, that is if they don't escape first! laugh.gif

8th Aug, 2007 - 7:42pm / Post ID: #

Case Murder Naipaul-Coolman Vindra

Well here is an update on this matter. Twelve men were arrested for the kidnapping and murder of Vindra Naipaul-Coolman. Last weekend, it was reported that two men were released due to insufficient evidence. This poor lady's body was never found and yet, the police has arrested twelve men in connection with her kidnapping and murder and now they are forced to release two. I always thought that criminals were arrested and charged, once the police has sufficient evidence on them. But I guess in Trinidad, everything is in reverse: arrest and charge a criminal first and afterwards, decipher if there is enough evidence to build a case against the criminal. Only in Trinidad!

24th Aug, 2007 - 12:03am / Post ID: #

Vindra Naipaul-Coolman Murder Case

This is going to be a mickey mouse case. Today the men were supposed to appear in court. After an hour and a half of waiting the court was informed that the prisoners would not be coming because the prison had transportation trouble. This seemed to be very fishy. Such a high profile case and all of a sudden you have transport trouble?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
24th Aug, 2007 - 4:09pm / Post ID: #

Vindra Naipaul-Coolman Murder Case - Page 7

Such a high profile case and all of a sudden you have transport trouble?

This transportation problem is not an isolated incident JB. It is a sign of how bad things really are in Trinidad. About a few months ago, a few criminals were supposed to appear in court for a particular time and arrived about one hour late. The magistrate was furious and ordered the Police Commissioner to appear before her and explain the tardiness. Of course, the Police Commissioner never came but sent the person in charge of the transport to provide an excuse. To me, this is a blatant disrespect towards the magistrate. It is bad enough to have criminals arriving late but it is a thousand times worse, not to appear when you have been summoned. After this incident, it seems to be a regular occurence for the prisoners to arrive late for court. Whether it is being done deliberately is uncertain. What is the message here? Criminals rule!

6th Oct, 2007 - 12:46pm / Post ID: #

Vindra Naipaul-Coolman Murder Case Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 7

What do we really KNOW about this case? We just know a bunch of people were caught but we do not know for sure what the police had on them, we do not know any details about it which is so odd for such a high profile case. We hear that of some of these men are free...who kidnapped and murdered Mrs. Vindra Naipaul Coolman?

+  « First of 10 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 

> TOPIC: Vindra Naipaul-Coolman Murder Case

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,