Vindra Naipaul-Coolman Murder Case - Page 2 of 10

At any minute we will know what really happened - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 5th Mar, 2007 - 1:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (10) »
Top  Vindra Naipaul-Coolman Murder Case 2006 Kidnap / Murder Victim
1st Feb, 2007 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

Vindra Naipaul-Coolman Murder Case - Page 2

Doesn't this now make him into a suspect and no longer a victim

I agree with this statement, given the fact that they seem to think that it was a contract killing. It doesn't help Mr. Coolman's case that, since the incident occurred, speculation was made that he was involved. Grapevine information is very powerful and can sway the public more than any "facts" spewed out by the media. Although this may be detrimental to Mr. Coolman's reputation, the rumours are not unwarranted, given the public's past encounters with such incidents involving spouses.

I do hope that the police is taking this seriously enough. It is no secret that the police get inside information and that they are sometimes even involved directly with crimes. Hopefully she is returned to her family soon.

Sponsored Links:
2nd Feb, 2007 - 12:52pm / Post ID: #

Case Murder Naipaul-Coolman Vindra

Mr. Coolman told me about this Conference some days ago but gave me no details as to what is about:

Vindra's husband and police to address media

Rennie Coolman, the husband of kidnapped businesswoman Vindra Naipaul-Coolman, and Assistant Commissioner of Police Gilbert Reyes will address the media at a conference at Police Headquarters, Port of Spain, this morning.

Coolman is an engineer and lecturer at the University of Trinidad and Tobago. Reyes is one of three ACPs who are leading the search for Naipaul-Coolman.

Coolman was at home on the night of December 19 last year when his wife was snatched outside their home at Lange Park, Chaguanas.

He paid a ransom shortly after but his wife was not released.

He has issued several statements, asking the public to pray for his wife and for the nation.

Coolman-Naipaul, 51, is the chief executive officer of Xtra Foods Ltd, which operates supermarkets at Chaguanas and at the Grand Bazaar Mall, off the Uriah Butler Highway...

2nd Feb, 2007 - 8:42pm / Post ID: #

Vindra Naipaul-Coolman Murder Case Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

This is the Press Release Mr. Coolman gave this morning:

international QUOTE
Press Statement - Friday February 2, 2007

Vindra Naipaul-Coolman kidnapping

As you know, Vindra has been missing since December 19th when she was so ruthlessly taken from her vehicle in our driveway. I was at home waiting for her as I always did on evenings. When she opened the remote gate and pulled into the driveway, a car pulled up  against the rear of her vehicle and three masked men abducted her in a very violent manner. This occurred at about 8:25pm.

Vindra and I both belong to the BlueStar (Www.blue-star.org), a spiritual organization headquartered in Claxton Bay, with centers located in US, Canada, and many European countries. We believe there is one God and have faith in that God. We both have been exposed to many religions in our lifetime. Vindra is comfortable in quoting from the Bible, Quoran and Bhagwat Gita. She represents all religions in her beliefs.

Our children are missing Vindra tremendously and her grandchildren are dearly missing their "Mamma". Can you imagine how these young children are feeling? They do not understand that their "Mamma" has been brutally removed from their lives by total strangers and that this event will totally change their lives forever and the lives of all those around them! So traumatic has been this experience for the children! They do not know where their "Mamma" is and continue to ask for her. I cannot answer their questions. Do the kidnappers know how they disrupt the lives of innocent people?

There are no words to describe the impact of this crisis on Vindra's parents. They are both spiritually strong individuals but their hearts are being torn and shredded with this event. They cannot believe that any human being can do this to a person like their daughter Vindra. Her Dad continues to say that Vindra has done so much for the people and has never done any wrong to anyone, yet why would these people want to do this to her? No one can really understand the pain a mother undergoes for a daughter unless they are put into that situation. They are having sleepless days and nights, not knowing what is happening to their beloved daughter.

Vindra is a person who lives every moment of life. She touches every person and every sole that she comes into contact with. She always has a smile on her face and looks at every challenge as an opportunity to learn and to grow. She loves her spirituality and lives a fearless life as a result of that. Our personal lives will never be the same. My life has been torn to shreds. Vindra and I had so many dreams both personal and in the nation's interest.

Our lives have changed and will be changed forever and the scar from this event will never be removed. I have been away from work since the day this heinous act was done to Vindra, myself and her immediate and extended family. Every day and night I pray for some miracle that she will be returned to us. As the days go by, the hours are getting longer and longer. My goals and aspirations are on hold. I feel like this is a fairy tale and Vindra has gone on one of her trips for World Peace, except that the reality is that she is being held captive by total strangers who are ruining her life and the lives of so many others. Like so many others, we will have to weigh our option of migrating and leaving this so-called "Paradise" (As some have termed this country) versus Vindra continuing the work she started. Can we really allow the criminals to continue to ruin this beautiful country of ours or is it time to take a stand to return this place we call home to the civil people?

It is now 45 days since Vindra was kidnapped. The family and I decided to pay a ransom the day after she was taken but she was not released. Today, I make another appeal to the kidnappers to please release Vindra. We are concerned about her health and well-being. She is a gifted spiritual being whom God has put on this earth to help the people of all walks of life in this country. We ask for the gift of her release for the nation and for her family.

I also ask the people of this nation to keep your faith and to provide any information on the whereabouts of Vindra to the authorities through the hotlines available. My wife is a special person, not just to me, but to the hundreds of young people whom she supervises in her job and to the many she has met throughout the country in her quest to make everyone a better person through self-empowerment and self-improvement. Just ask the Mayaro fishermen, the Morvant/Laventille groups, the YTEPP graduates or the Tabaquite High School staff and students!

Before I end, I would like to thank all those from our local communities and throughout the rest of the world, who are continuing to support us through the media, emails, phone calls and visits to our homes. Your support brings an additional needed strength to see us through this trying time. Your continued support is required not just for the sake of Vindra, but also for the nation.

I also want to thank those in the media who have been sensitive to our family in their reporting and who have generally formulated their reports based on facts, and who have focused on the release of Vindra rather than on sensationalizing issues for personal gain. It is an understatement to say that kidnapping, and crime in general, is affecting the people of the nation. This is something that has to be stopped. We cannot use or promote it for personal gain and indicate that "We have a business to run". People of this country are becoming more sensitive about public issues such as crime and we want the facts, not fiction! I hope that the NEWSDAY will take note of this and know that the nation wants to hear the truth and not fiction nor extensions of the truth.

I thank you,
Rennie Coolman.

7th Feb, 2007 - 3:27am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Case Murder Naipaul-Coolman Vindra

Mr. Coolman gave an interview to the Express where he recalls something that his wife Vindra said in a conversation she had last year with Sharon Mahabir, a woman whose husband was a kidnap victim.

Vindra said: "I am ready to be an angel" as she spoke about the uncertainty of life.

Coolman said he was not surprised that his wife would have held such a belief.

"She was fearless. We always knew there was a possibility of a (kidnapping) situation like this coming up. But she always looked at God as the person who would prescribe her destiny."

He added, "She is one in a million. More than that, she has an angelic nature about her. She thrilled everyone she met." .....

...."I've given a lot of thought to the statistics. The longer a person is away, the lower the chances of the person being recovered alive."

He said, "We are looking for closure of this situation. I will have to accept whatever the outcome is. If she is not alive, then I cannot do anything about it."

2nd Mar, 2007 - 4:13pm / Post ID: #

Case Murder Naipaul-Coolman Vindra

This is the latest with Vindra Naipaul's case. It was shown on TV6 News:

THREE members of the Jamaat Al Muslimeen yesterday confessed to their lawyer of their role in the kidnapping, murder and dismemberment of the body of Extra Foods Chief Executive Officer Vindra Naipaul-Coolman in Decem-ber last year.

The 51-year-old businesswoman was snatched outside her Lange Park, Chaguanas, home on the night of December 19 last year.

A report submitted by United Kingdom officers based at the Special Anti-Crime Unit of Trinidad and Tobago (SAUTT) revealed that Naipaul-Coolman was also shot.

Yesterday, the three men met for one hour with attorney Odai Ramischand at a secret location and revealed all the details from the time Naipaul-Coolman was snatched to the disposal of her body.

The men who appeared scared said that two members of their organisation who were also involved in the kidnapping were given instructions to execute them at all costs.

One of the men who was trembling while being interviewed by Ramischand said he and the two others have been in hiding and wanted to give themselves up to the police on the condition that they be granted immunity and be placed in a safe house...

https://newsday.co.tt/news/0,53164.html

Update: The lawyer and police chief said the information is false. Once again, Newsday showing lack of professionalism in reporting.

Post Date: 3rd Mar, 2007 - 2:25pm / Post ID: #

Vindra Naipaul-Coolman Murder Case
A Friend

Vindra Naipaul-Coolman Murder Case

Hmmm, it seems to me that the police has no clue what they are doing. THEY took 20 minutes to reach the scene, arrested people who had no clue on the case and they believed a small criminal that said she was on a pond (and they spent thousands of dollars). Nobody was held as a suspect, so how come they NOW come to this new theory? Is it because is true or they just cannot accept the fact they have been a failure all along?

The police are damned when they do and damned when they don't. There is simply no pleasing some people.

The police are obligated to follow any and every lead that comes to their attention, regardless of how petty it may first seem. To do otherwise would be to invite further criticism of the type that is so gratuitously heaped on them in these forums by people who should know better.

I am extremely saddened by what has happened to this lady and no one can begin to understand the trauma that her familly must be going through. I once had the opportunity to interact with Mrs. Coolman, she was Vindra Naipaul in those days. I had gone to see her on behalf of a young man who had run afoul of the law by issuing cheques totalling six or seven thousand dollars to her business establishment and which subsequently 'bounced'. I pleaded on behalf of this young man telling her that he was sticken with a terminal illness and was in dire need of medical treatment which was the reason that he engaged in his fraudulent enterprise. He needed money badly to fund his continued medical treatment. I offered to repay the money in two parts and begged her not to call in the police to deal with the matter as jail time would have been a death sentence for this already dying young man.

Mrs. Naipaul's reaction stunned me. Her exact words to me were:

"I have absolutely no sympathy for him. He came into my supermarket and gave me bad cheques. I intend to make an example of him. I will not accept restitution. I want him to go to jail" When I told he that this young man will surely die in prison she again stunned me with the following words:

"Well at least he won't give any more bad cheques". The young man was eventually arrested and charged but subsequently died while awaiting trial.

During my short conversation with Ms. Naipaul she expressed certain views to me which made me think of her as a cold person. For instance, she told me that she l"oved no one completely", that she loved even her children and her employees with a "certain detachment".

Now that I have read of all the charitable and philantropic work that this lady has performed in disadvantagd communities, I have great difficulty reconciling her obvious kind heartedness in those communities with the unkindness which she demonstrated towards the plight of the young man on whose behalf I had pleaded with her some years ago. I would like to think that maybe remorse over her callous indifference to the plight of the then dying young man might have sparked the humane, charitable spirit and philantropic initiatives for which she later became known.

But nothing that this Lady might have done in the past deserved the brutal fate that has been inflicted on her by evil people. And I still pray for her safe recovery.

Reconcile Edited: LadyBird on 3rd Mar, 2007 - 2:29pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
3rd Mar, 2007 - 3:38pm / Post ID: #

Vindra Naipaul-Coolman Murder Case - Page 2

LadyBird said:

The police are damned when they do and damned when they don't. There is simply no pleasing some people.

Since you are quoting me, I take the "pleasing people" refers in part to me. This is simple logic, if the police would have taken the necessary steps as they should have done with this particular case, we would know today who kidnapped Vindra Naipaul Coolman, whether you agree or not is irrelevant to the fact that three months passed and there are no detainees neither we know where Vindra is.

I am extremely saddened by what has happened to this lady and no one can begin to understand the trauma that her familly must be going through.

I am not sure the purpose of this statement followed by your story about your conversation with Mrs Coolman about the young man. This is about her kidnapping, whether she was a hard hearted person or not has no weight to the topic at hand and whether you was happy or not about your plea about the young man, it was her position and her money. It is interesting your assumptions about her when you said "I would like to think that maybe remorse over her callous indifference to the plight of the then dying young man might have sparked the humane, charitable spirit and philantropic initiatives for which she later became known." Interesting deduction for someone who you claim interact with her once.

Nevertheless, I still hope that this case can be solved once and for all and bring closure to her family.

5th Mar, 2007 - 1:21pm / Post ID: #

Vindra Naipaul-Coolman Murder Case Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 2

At any minute we will know what really happened to Vindra Naipaul Coolman and where her body is. It seems to be a kidnapped case that went wrong.

Arrangements were still being made up to late yesterday to hand over three men who reportedly told attorney Odai Ramischand they have vital information about the kidnapping of businesswoman Vindra Naipaul-Coolman.

Speaking with the Express yesterday afternoon, Ramischand said following discussions with the men, "all queries have been resolved and all uncertainties dismissed".

"They have agreed to surrender later tonight (yesterday)", or early today, Ramischand said, adding he had an hour-long discussion with the men yesterday about immunity and police protection.

Ramischand said the men "hold the key to where Vindra is".

https://www.trinidadexpress.com/index.pl/ar...ws?id=161112213

And from the Newsday who broke up the news:

The three men who have already confessed orally to the role they played in the kidnapping and murder of Vindra Naipaul-Coolman, visited the forested area in Central where the remains of the business woman are believed to be concealed in a makeshift grave.

Only one of the three men knew where the grave is located and he took the two others to the site to make sure that the remains were not removed.

The men are staying in a forested area and spoke at length yesterday with their attorney Odai Ramischand.

Newsday learned that the men have already indicated their willingness to surrender to the police and lead them to the grave, but they want assurances that they will be granted immunity in exchange for the vital evidence.

The men also agreed to come forward with the much needed information after they learnt that some of their accomplices wanted to kill them.

The kidnappers/murderers decided to go public with the information on the kidnapping and murder last week when they met with attorney Odai Ramsischand.

Ramischand who gave details of the meeting with the men in an exclusive interview with Newsday last Thursday, now remains confined at his home for fear for his own safety.

He said yesterday that the situation has now reached a "very sensitive stage" and he was hoping to have the men handed over to the police late yesterday...

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Vindra Naipaul-Coolman Murder Case

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,