Nancy Pelosi Can't Be Catholic

Nancy Pelosi Can' T Catholic - Studies of Catholicism - Posted: 11th Dec, 2011 - 10:58am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
USA The Speaker of the House is not a "good" Catholic?
Post Date: 5th Mar, 2007 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Nancy Pelosi Can't be Catholic

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- A Catholic bishop in Oregon has written an article in the church's newspaper saying that anyone who wants to remain faithful to Catholic Church teaching can't justify having a pro-abortion view. The newspaper article doesn't mention her specifically but is an indirect commentary on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Bishop Robert Vasa of the Baker, Oregon diocese, says a person can't call himself a Catholic and believe that there should be a choice to destroy human life via abortion. "The direct, intentional taking of the life of an innocent human being is inhumane and unjust. It is not just a choice," the bishop wrote in the March 1 edition of the Catholic Sentinel. In his article, Bishop Vasa discussed an interview Pelosi, the nation's leading Democratic elected official, gave to Newsweek magazine in November 2006. "To me it isn't even a question. God has given us a free will. We're all responsible for our actions," Pelosi told the magazine. "If you don't want an abortion, you don't believe in it, [then] don't have one. But don't tell somebody else what they can do in terms of honoring their responsibilities." Vasa said it was "categorically impossible for the same person to state that he or she believes simultaneously both what the Catholic Church teaches and that abortion is just a choice." "What we believe must inform what we do," he wrote in the Sentinel. Abortion "is not just a choice and it is not a just choice," the bishop said. "It is an unjust choice which is diametrically opposed to the clear and consistent teaching of the Catholic Church as well as to the clear and consistent teaching of God himself in the Ten Commandments." "If I truly believe," Bishop Vasa said, 'then my actions must be consistent with what I profess to believe. My action must also defend what I believe."
Ref. https://www.lifenews.com/nat2960.html

Sponsored Links:
6th Mar, 2007 - 10:58am / Post ID: #

Catholic Cant Pelosi Nancy

With Benedict as the pope, this question should be easier than the answer of 2 plus 2! It is exactly as the Bishop stated. If you want to be faithful to the Catholic Religion, you cannot endorse abortion in any way shape or form. The only way that Pelosi can politic around this would be to say that her constituency is for abortion, but it is not her belief. Of course, a Senator cannot deny her constituency. However, she probably does not have the data to prove that to be a fact, so that excuse for supporting abortion is probably not available to her.

Benedict pretty much laid this one to rest in his previous job in the Vatican!

6th Mar, 2007 - 11:30am / Post ID: #

Nancy Pelosi Can't Be Catholic Catholicism Studies

In her current position of glory I doubt this will have any punch in her decision to continue endorsing the action. Sin now and repent later right?

6th Mar, 2007 - 11:54am / Post ID: #

Well, if Dante's Inferno is correct, that means a lot of purgatory time for Mrs Pelosi. I guess that is unless God give passes because of polling results. However, I think you are correct in that it wont stop her from backing abortion, but her being a good Catholic really isnt in question should she do so.

Post Date: 1st Sep, 2008 - 12:29pm / Post ID: #

Catholic Leader Blasts Nancy Pelosi for Misrepresenting Church Abortion Position

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi is getting criticism from pro-life Catholics for misrepresenting the views of the Catholic Church on abortion. During a recent television interview, Pelosi claimed the Catholic Church only recently came to the conclusion that human life begins at conception. During an interview with Tom Brokaw on the NBC program "Meet the Press," Pelosi admitted she didn't know the answer to the question. She also made some statements about the church that Catholic leaders are taking exception to concerning its position. Cardinal Justin Rigali, chairman of the U.S. Bishops" Committee on Pro-Life Activities, told LifeNews.com Tuesday that Pelosi "misrepresented the history and nature of the authentic teaching of the Catholic Church against abortion." He pointed to the Catechism of the Catholic Church that teaches, "Since the first century the Church has affirmed the moral evil of every procured abortion. This teaching has not changed and remains unchangeable. Direct abortion, that is to say, abortion willed either as an end or a means, is gravely contrary to the moral law." Cardinal Rigali also said the Catholic Church has had a long history of teaching that human life begins at the point of conception.
Ref. Source 9

Post Date: 30th Dec, 2009 - 4:35am / Post ID: #

Nancy Pelosi: Free Will Trumps Catholic Church's Pro-Life Teachings on Abortion

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- The rift between House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and the Catholic Church will likely grow thanks to new comments the abortion advocate made. Pelosi said in a new interview that the "free will" of women wanting abortions outweighs pro-life Catholic teachings.

Newsweek's Eleanor Clift conducted a year-end interview with Pelosi. The conversation turned to the topic of abortion and health care and Pelosi blasted the Catholic bishops for their opposition to the pro-abortion bill.

She tells Clift it was frustrating that Catholic bishops "were not willing to accept what we know to be a fact" -- that the "public option" would supposedly not violate a ban on federally-funded abortions.

Then, as Clift asks about her "brushes" with the church, Pelosi drops a bomb.

"I have some concerns about the church's position respecting a woman's right to choose," Pelosi responds. "I am a practicing Catholic, although they're probably not too happy about that. But it is my faith."

"I practically mourn this difference of opinion because I feel what I was raised to believe is consistent with what I profess, and that is that we are all endowed with a free will and a responsibility to answer for our actions," she continues. "And that women should have that opportunity to exercise their free will." Ref. Source 5

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Aug, 2010 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

Nancy Pelosi Can't Catholic

Pelosi backtracks on the Jesus talk

Remember a few weeks ago when Nancy Pelosi suddenly sounded like a televangelist as she talked about 'the Word became flesh' and we should turn to God on our public policies? A reporter asked her a little bit about her faith and what came out of Pelosi's mouth next was incomprehensible on several levels. Ref. Source 4

Post Date: 11th Dec, 2011 - 10:58am / Post ID: #

Nancy Pelosi Can't Catholic Studies Catholicism

Pelosi Calls Catholic Bishops "Lobbyists" For Obamacare Concerns

Nancy Pelosi is simply unable to honor the Catholic Church to which she claims to be a member - as she has put her foot in her mouth again by claiming the nation's Catholic bishops are lobbyists because they oppose an Obamacare mandate.

The Catholic bishops, and a considerable number of pro-life groups, are upset that the Obama administration is considering implementing a new rule regarding Obamacare and whether insurance companies will be forced to include birth control and drugs that can possibly cause abortions under "preventative care."

The contraception mandate rule has drawn strong opposition from pro-life groups - in part because the religious exemption it contains is very narrow and could force certain Catholic and other religious groups to pay for insurance coverage for employees. They say that violates its conscience rights and religious views because of the birth control coverage and coverage for drugs like the morning after pill and ella that can cause abortions. Ref. Source 7

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Nancy Pelosi Can't Be Catholic

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,